jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I hate CA! Taxes!

1. Rangerwife profile image61
    Rangerwifeposted 7 years ago

We bought a used 2008 car in WA before we moved to CA.  We went to get the car licensed here and they made us pay hundreds in CA sales tax even though we already paid the taxes and fees in WA.  Frustrating!!!

1. 59
      GG1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea what the law is, but did you check to see if you can get at least a prorated amount back from Washington?

Poor Calif.  They are in dire straits financially and expect the rest of the country to bail them out when they have the cheapest property taxes around and where I live they are SKY HIGH.

2. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Benjamin Franklin once said the two things you can count on in life are death and taxes.  I do not mind paying taxes because it is just money.  The bright side is there are so many other joyful things to be happy about in life.  My friend right now has seizures and can no longer drive, so on the bright side at least you can pay taxes and drive the car smile.

3. Nickny79 profile image87
    Nickny79posted 7 years ago

I think it's outrageous, but not surprising that CA charged you additional taxes...you can expect more of the same now that the democrats control the legislature and executive branches.  As for the previous person, if she doesn't care about her money that's her business, but sentient beings prefer to enjoy the fruit of their own labor.  Perhaps the money at her disposal is not the fruit of her own labor.  "It's only money...I don't care if Obama raises my income taxes to 70%.  He's our savior..."

4. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 7 years ago

Heard the budget was balanced as of year 2000.
    Debt today:
    Spose the dems are suppose to lower taxes to pay off the dept if that matters.