jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

what is your favorite American car or muscle car?

1. Johnjfernando profile image61
    Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago

My favorite is Chevy Camaro from '87.

2. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 4 years ago

For reasons both practical and sentimental, Camaro circa 1967-69

3. manlypoetryman profile image72
    manlypoetrymanposted 4 years ago

When I think of muscle cars...I think of the ones from the 60's: GM was my favorite. Chevelle, Camaro, Firebird, GTO, Corvette. These all sound awesome to me.

4. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

I have to lean toward the '67 era with Chevrolet. I owned a '67 El Camino hot rod for years - small block, power glide w/converter then modified for a 4-speed.

I worked on a '67 B-Modified Production Camaro with a big block & clutch turbo competing in Div-7 of NHRA (Western Div) back in the 70's. So kinda' stuck on both those models.

As far as Ford goes - '69 Mustang. Boss 302 & 351 Cleveland motors -awesome.

As far as Mopar the '64 aluminum bodied hemi's come to mind too.

5. glockr profile image60
    glockrposted 4 years ago

My favorite muscle car is the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda. Second would be a 69 Ford Mustang fastback, third would probably be a 64 Nova coupe (I know some don't consider it a muscle car but easy to make them FAST). I also love station wagons for some reason.

6. mts1098 profile image84
    mts1098posted 4 years ago

Well if it is American car then Jeep wins, The Ford Mustang wins for muscle car

7. By His Way profile image60
    By His Wayposted 4 years ago

'74 Nova

8. mjkearn profile image61
    mjkearnposted 4 years ago

Hi Folks,
    Now don't jump down my throat. British and European cars are more my thing simply because I haven't worked on that many Americans cars. Leaving Horse Power aside I'm a big fan of all the American cars but worldwide there are few cars that get me excited. If you want a driving experience that you will enjoy and never forget you have got to classic, pre electonics, you know the type were you actually do most of the work.

From the 1900's to certainly the 1960's American cars were among the most beautiful on the planet.

For me the 1960 model year Corvette with the quad headlamps wins on looks,

9. Pkittock profile image81
    Pkittockposted 4 years ago

In all honesty, I'm more of a European car fan, as well as some of the Japanese sports cars (S2000, NSX, Supra, Miata, etc.) and would rather have a light and underpowered Lotus to a straight muscle car.. Therefore, my favorite American car, is the one that is most European!!! The Ford GT (or the original 60's GT40 if I can chose a race car). Mid-engine, supercharged V8, manual transmission.. throwback to the car that beat Ferrari at Le Mans for (3?) years straight.