Top Car Cleaning Tips For Inside And Out
Cleaning Your Car
We already know how to clean our cars but getting it to look like it has just came out of the showroom is a different story.
Deep cleaning your car is a different story entirely and although it can take a lot more time to do it does prove to be worth it in the end.
A shiny dashboard(Console), sparkling windows, spotless seats, and a gleaming exterior all make your car look newer than it actually is and if you are planning to sell it on or to use it for a wedding or just want it to look good then the tips below will make even the oldest cars look brand new.
Car Cleaning Made Easy
Car cleaning Tips
- A big old soft sock makes a perfect hand mitt for buffing the wax on your car.
- When your windshield starts blurring when you turn the wipers on, dampen a cloth or rag with some full-strength white vinegar and run it down the full length of each blade once or twice.
- To help restore a license plate that is beginning to rust, spray it with WD-40 and wipe with a clean rag. This will remove light surface rust and will also help prevent more rust from forming.
- Battery Cleaner(Removes built-up acid)Baking soda and Water Sprinkle baking soda onto battery terminals. Spritz with water to dampen. Let set for about one hour. Sponge off with water. Air dry.
- Engine De-greaser: ¼ cup washing soda and 1 gallon warm water pour on engine areas that need de-greasing. Rinse thoroughly. Excess should not be stored -- discard all leftovers.
Cleaning Your Car's Dashboard
Cleaning The Inside of Your Car
- Vacuum in hard to reach places if you get yourself a length of hose pipe. Your hose pipe is probably long enough that you can spare 20", all you need to do is place one end of the hose between thumb and fore-finger and cup your hand over the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner. This narrow extension not only enables you to get into those hard to reach areas down the side of the centre console, but it actually has more suck.
- Use baby wipes and a little baby oil on plastic or wooden car dashboards, the wipes deep clean the console and the baby oil gives it a good shine making it look like new. The wipes also leave an anti-static layer.
- Freshen up - To rid of stale odors from the ventilation ducts, try spraying odor eliminator into the system's air intake, which is usually located at the base of the windshield. Then run the air conditioner full blast for at least 10 minutes.
- If you have ink stains on the leather, you can remove it with cuticle remover -- not nail polish remover! Just put some on the stain and let it set in anywhere from 10 minutes to overnight and then wipe it off.
- For detail cleaning on the dashboard, the best thing to use is a soft paintbrush or a toothbrush to ensure that you get into all of the grooves.
How To Get That New Car Smell
Everyone loves the smell of a brand new car, wouldn't it be fantastic if you could re create it when you were cleaning your car?
It is actually a lot easier to get that new car smell than most people think all you have to do is add a few drops of vanilla essence into water and spray it in a fine mist over the seats, roof and floor of your car, spray some into your air vents too and the smell will last that little bit longer.
More by this Author
You may moan, you may groan but you sure will not get a laugh at any of the 100 worst jokes ever told.
How to push or jump start a stick shift with a low battery.
What time do my wages actually go into my bank account? A list of times that banks update user accounts and release funds.