10 Annoying Habits from Co-Workers
Do You have Annoying Co-Workers
You don't happen to have co-workers with annoying habits do you?
Well, since you don't, let us tell you what some of us deal with on a daily and sometimes minute by mintue basis.
Here They Go Again!
You are sitting at your desk concentrating so hard on your work when all of a sudden, WHAM! Your co-worker in the cubicle next to you does it again. And again. Now instead of focusing on your work, you are trying not to jump over the panel. They could be doing any of these things:
- Lunch Noises - You can hear every smack and slurp that their mouth can possibly make as they mastigate at the noon hour. Listening to barn yard buffets would be easier to stomach.
- Too busy (or NOT) - An urgent deadline, a crises has arisen and amazingly they have WAY too much work to do and they just don't understand it. Teamwork, anyone?
- Rude Interuptions - You are discussing an issue with a co-worker when another one shows up and without politely waiting or saying excuse me, they just begin talking and taking over the conversation as though one was not already going on.
- Loud Personal Calls -Middle of work day and your co-worker's cell phone rings LOUDLY and then they begin to LOUDLY talk about what Jane said last night and the outrageous clothes Paul wore. 20 minutes later you want to remind them what the paycheck is for.
- Claiming Company Property - The copier is not one employee's property for work or personal use. Didn't you learn to SHARE?
- Gum Popping - Concentrating on the form in front of you and then POP! POP! POP! He just started chewing gum and is popping every two seconds. And the sounds get louder as the hours pass.
- Eavesdropping - Co-workers listening into any conversation (doesn't have to be personal) and making unsoliciated comments. Mind your own business!
- Passing the Buck - Don't feel like working today. Go ask Alice.
- Ignoring Meetings - An important meeting that they are hounding you to set up. You finally got a good time that everyone accepts and they never show up, call, or email. Two days later they are asking for the meeting again.
- Sitting at Others Desks - Have you walked up to your desk after attending a half-hour meeting and there is your co-worker again sitting at your desk looking over your paperwork. They were just waiting on you to return and decided to pass the time.
Irritating co-workers are all around us and I'm sure that this is just the tip of the ice-berg. What do we do? We get irritating back! LOL
Have fun at the work-place!
More by this Author
Working from home? Might not be the healthiest choice. Here are some tips to keep you healthy and still enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Most people think that if you are an accountant then you must be a math genius. You must be able to calculate any number in your head. You must take years of math. They couldn’t be more wrong. Accounting is not...
Choosing the ten most important events in history is one of the most difficult and controversial things to do. I’ve attempted to create a list of major events that shaped the world.