10 Jobs That Won't Go Overseas.
Nowadays, jobs are not as plentiful as in years gone by, so because of that it’s important to get a job that sustains and a job that won’t be outsourced. Now, the trick is to find a job that pays well enough too. So how and where does a person find out what jobs won’t be outsourced? When a person finds these jobs what qualifications are required? Those going to college need to be purposeful about the majors they are pursuing. Those beginning their job search need to seek out those out-sourced proof jobs. Those already working need to expand their skill set, they need to create multiple avenues of income, they need to possibly go back to school to capture an out-sourced proof job. Some jobs that will not be out-sourced may not be your cup of tea for one reason or another, so you have to find one that is your cup of tea. Let’s look at some jobs that can’t be out-sourced.
1. Hair Dressers/Braiders/Barbers. Women don’t like bad hair days and will always get their hair done. Women still need their perms, weaves, braids, extensions, and change in hair color. People still need their hair done for special occasions. Barber shops will not close either. Men need their fades and bald heads.
2. Police Officers. Crime will always be among us, and so we need those who help to combat crime. The law is for the lawless, and we will always have the lawless among us. Those who want to pursue this avenue need to make sure they are “called” to this profession. If anything, police officers may need to be imported into the country if the criminals begin to outnumber law enforcement.
3. Doctors. This is a wonderful profession and will always be needed. Doctors are not limited to hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics. Doctors will go to other countries to assist, but come back to their home base. There are Surgeons, Family Practice doctors, Orthopedists, Orthodontists, Foot and Ankle doctors, just to name a few. No country wants to lose their doctors so they need to treat them well. Not all doctors are on the same playing field; most have good reputations and those are the ones that are real valuable for the masses. Increasing insurance premiums have put some doctors out of business or have sent them packing to another country.
4. Nurses, just like doctors, are a necessity. They too are not limited to hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics. There are nurses that travel and go to the sick. Nurses have specialties just like doctors. There are Flight Nurses, Nurse Anesthetists, Pediatric Nurses, Operating Room Nurses, just to name a few. A good nurse is one that has been trained properly mixed with a spirit of compassion and nurturing. The nursing profession will always be around.
5. Mechanics. As long as there are cars, motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, snowmobiles, airplanes, trains there will be Mechanics. As long as there are pieces of machinery with moving parts Mechanics will always be needed, but with that all Mechanics need refresher training. People are keeping their old cars and other modes of transportation and not trading them in for new ones, so a good Mechanic is priceless.
6. Nail Technicians. Women sure like their nails done and to bling them out. Pedicures and manicures will never go away. For those who are hand models manicures are a must, for the sandal wearers pedicures are a must. Even men get in on the action by having their nails trimmed.
7. Janitors and Maids. These people are so very important. Our homes, offices, places of work, schools, airports, and other places would not be the same without these individuals. If anything these jobs are on the rise. Some people are inherently lazy and depend on a janitor or maid to clean up for them.
8. Construction Workers. We all need places to live and we need the people to build those places in which we live. This is definitely a portable skill, and if anything that can happen to a construction worker it would not be the outsourcing that would cause the loss of a job, but a lack of work.
9. Fast Food Workers. Fast food restaurants will never go away. Fast food restaurants will keep people coming back mainly because of cheap menu items. It’s rare a fast food restaurant will close because of outsourcing. Now what may be outsourced are some of where the fast food restaurants may purchase its supplies to create some of its menu items. If a fast food restaurant purchases a particular yogurt and that yogurt comes from another country, then it’s the fast food restaurant’s manufacturer of their yogurt that is doing the outsourcing, i.e., the yogurt manufacturer that was located in Texas has now moved to Mexico, but is still supplying fast food restaurants in the U.S.; people have then lost their manufacturing jobs.
10. Paparazzi. Hollywood will never go away, and our society’s insatiable appetite for celebrities will keep photo journalists employed. There are more Paparazzi in the U.S. than anywhere in the world.
Which Job Would You Pursue?
Would you pursue at least one of these jobs in this Hub?See results without voting
More by this Author
Preparing for a job interview takes more than researching the company, laying out your clothes, and getting directions to the interview. Know these 7 things that will help you appear more professional in your job...
Give your resume a facelift by including thes 5 key phrases or key words. Employers will be attracted to you when they see these 5 key phrases - find out what they are.
Stories and anecdotes that can teach you life lessons. How children can learn from stories and anecdotes.