20 Signs You Need to Start Looking for a New Job
Jobs - it is something we've all had to tolerate at some point in our lives. It is just one of those unfortunate facts of life. You get up in the morning only to find you've got to go to the "bad place." It always seems like weekends last about 2 hours and Monday through Friday takes 2 months to end.
If you've started feeling negative feelings about your job, then it is probably time to start packing your things to look for another job. Of course, that one will probably make you miserable in no time, too, but so goes life. Also, let's not forget there are no real jobs out there anymore. The classifieds are so short now you can check them out during a commercial break while watching your favorite show.
Well, now that I've completely bummed you out, you are probably wondering what are some of the signs that you need to start looking for a new job. You've come to the right place!
20 Signs You Need to Start Looking for a New Job:
- The boss never remembers your name or your co-workers' names. He has taken to calling everyone Carol. There is no one in your office named Carol.
- The place reeks of booze and cigarettes. You do not work at a bar.
- Your boss calls you late one night to help with a special project. He mentions something about your main duty is to "find a nice spot to bury the bodies."
- Everyday at noon there is another staff meeting. During the last staff meeting two people walked away with black eyes and one person was missing a tooth.
- You attempt to discuss a new idea with the managers and one of them starts chanting, "blah, blah, blah" while you are speaking.
- Someone put something in your desk and it is making a strange ticking sound.
- The managers at work decided instead of Casual Friday, they would step it up a notch. It has now been changed to Pants Optional Friday.
- Many co-workers now bring their children and pets to work on a regular basis. Neither the children or the pets seem to be potty trained.
- Your business has about 50 employees and there is only one bathroom. Need I say more?
- Your boss decided to remove the coffee machine to save money. Now you have to buy coffee yourself if you want any.
- After being reprimanded for leaving the desk too frequently, some coupons for Depends show up on your desk.
- Your co-worker in the next cubicle has been chanting all week. Some of the words you've heard are, "blood," "the sacrifice," and your name.
- The only joy you and your co-workers have during the work day is watching people get towed because they've illegally parked in the lot. Everyone cheers and claps when a person comes back just in time to see their car going down the street and they start to chase the tow truck.
- The leftovers in the work fridge have gotten so out of hand, there are things crawling out the fridge and running down the hall.
- The boss has decided the job is so great people need to start paying him just to work there.
- Gambling and boozing is totally normal and encouraged in the company cafeteria.
- You were introduced to your new co-worker named Sammy. Sammy is actually a chimp. He will be sitting in the next cubicle. You learn his salary is better than your salary.
- Your boss goes into an angry fit of rage and screams, "I'll burn this place down before I let them foreclose on me!" He has a can of gasoline in one hand and a box of matches in the other.
- The managers say something about giving you the "pink slip" when you mention several health code violations at the business.
- You actually searched and found this list, and you've read this whole list - while at work!
Some books to help you decide on a job:
Other fun hubs:
- 13 Signs You Need a Vacation
Do you need a vacation? Are you really stressed? Maybe you need some assistance determining how much you need a vacation. Well, you need to read the 13 Signs You Need a Vacation.
- 10 Reasons Why Going to Work Stinks
Let's face it, getting up and out of bed everyday to go to the work is really a pain. Why not explore the 10 reasons why going to work stinks? Perhaps you will have a good laugh and you can make it through another tough day at work.
More by this Author
Sometimes it is hard not to feel bad about yourself when you don't get a job. There are a number of reasons beyond your control keeping you from getting that job, so try not to feel down about it.
If you are interested in working at the mall, you might want some helpful tips to make your job search go smoothly. Check out "How to Apply for Jobs at the Mall" to get some advice.
Sometimes you need a second job. Maybe you don't make enough money at your full-time job or maybe you need some extra cash for the holidays. It is possible to work two jobs at once and not go crazy.