40 Procrastinating Excuses to get rid Of
★ツ Positive changes at work or in our personal lives require us to take Action…but so often, we put it off and don’t really get anywhere.
40 of many excuses we use are:
- My boss will never go for it. I've got too much on my plate.
- I'm not good at presenting ideas.
- I'll be punished if I fail.
- I'm juggling way too many projects.
- I'm new around here.
- I might not get enough resources.
- I don't have enough information.
- Someone could steal my idea.
- Our company is going through too many changes right now.
- They won't give me any more time to work on the project.
- If I succeed, they will start expecting much of me.
- If the project succeeds, I won’t be rewarded for it.
- I don't have the right credentials.
- It's not my job.
15. I did it before and failed.
16. Not sure I’m smart enough to do it.
17. I don’t want to have to attend more meetings.
18. It’s getting close to retirement. I might as well just take things easy.
19. I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.
20. That's my boss's job.
21. It's really not worth the effort. Why bother?
22. My other projects will suffer.
23. Our customers aren't asking for it.
24. I don't have the time.
25. It's a job for Top Management / or another Department.
26. They don't pay me enough to take on a kind of project like this.
27. My boss will probably get all the credit.
28. My career path will be in jeopardy if it doesn't work.
29. I've got enough headaches.
30. People will laugh at me
31. What if I don’t get support?
32. Now is not a good time to start something new.
33. I don't want more things to think about.
34. I will end up with no time for my family.
35. I haven’t done anything like this before.
36.I should be simplifying my life, not complicating it.
37. Maybe next year.
38. Not sure how to begin.
39. It's against my religion.
40. I'm getting too old for this.
Quote “You can have many great ideas in your head, but what makes the difference is the action. Without action upon an idea, there will be no manifestation, no results and no reward” Miguel Ruiz.
Do any of the above sound familiar?
It’s time to take the next step – Action!
✩✬ Useful Tool – Time Management
I listened to one of Jack Canfield talks (Motivational Speaker) online early this year and he talked about cutting back 1 hour everyday from watching television. If we cut back 1 hour, we have 30 hours spare in the month – Food for thought…
I hope this article has motivated you to stop procrastinating. (◕‿◕)
- Success Tools - Setting Goals
“The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” Bill Copeland ¸.·'★ My previous Hub on Success Tools was: Success Tools –...
- Success Tools – Motivational books
It’s always a good idea to invest in ourselves. E.g listening to motivational speakers on audio or reading motivational books. We have nothing to lose, but a lot to gain. Also, success in life is not just about money. It includes relationships and...
More by this Author
There are certain Jobs that I envy (in a positive way - no bad energy) and wouldn’t mind doing. I look at the people doing them, with admiration and think “Wow, you lucky lady” or “you lucky...
How to improve your typing skills for Jobs.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.