5 Marketing Strategies To Increase Sales
Here are 5 marketing tips to get your business off the ground or increasing more sales. You should be using marketing techniques whether you're a painter and decorator or own your own shop. Putting an on the side of your van or a sign above your shop is marketing but thats not enough you want to be doing a lot of various marketing techniques to get new customers or referrals this will result in more money. These are an overview of 5 techniques that you can use but it is up to you how to use them. With the internet to our disposal it easy to now have international sales. From Being availible in your region only you can now be contacted from all over the world you've one from a few thousands to 6 billion potential customers just by using the net. All these techniques can be used for any type of business you just need to think of ways how to utilise them.
So lets look at what you should be doing to market yourself and get more sales.
- Increase your eyeballs to your company or business. If you had a website this would be called traffic. If you increase your traffic you are increasing sales. If you had to a shop and 1000 people entered it what would you think would happen? You would make a lot of sales. If you have a trade you would want more people to know about you and refer you. So you want to be getting more eyeballs to you. You can use advertising or a website to do this but simple things like putting your name and number on your staffs clothing can do this. Look a ways to get more people looking at you. Youtube, websites, web 2.0's, twitter,ebay are great ways to get traffic to your business.
- Social media and viral marketing - Do not underestimate these, almost everyone has a facebook account, you probably have one. Set up a Fan page of your service or business and send it to all your friends and when they like it their friends see it and they might like it and then their friend like it. Ever heard of the 7 degrees of seperation? There's also Youtube this is a wonderful tool to promote your business there are countless ways to use it and promote your business. If you have a skill or a uniqueness to your business create a video about it!!!! This can get you massive of hits no matter what your profession.
- Offer something for free - Probably the most powerful marketing technique in the world. Yes im serious this is what you need to be focusing on if you want to massively build your business. Ever seen free quotes or free testers? These are marketing techniques to pull people and they work! Tradesman offer free quotations as this get their foot in the door, you don't have to be the cheapest to get the job but once your foot is in the door and you present yourslef well you can land the job. Free testers not only get people in the shop but it also lets people sample the products and if they like they'll buy because you've offered a free taster. Think of what you could offer for free that will get you more sales, backend.
- Increase your volume. If you put a handful of leaflets a month or make 5 calls a week for leads then increase this by ten. By increasing your efforts in getting leads or customers you will no doubt get more work and sales it's simple as. Scaling up is what the big marketers do when the advertise they do it big. Im not talking about spending millions of dollars im talking about the eyes that they get to look at whatever they're offering. What ever your advertising efforts are od lead generation is scale it up and use ways that will get you more eyeballs for less effort. This is pretty easy and highly effective.
- Outsource. Outsourcing will give you more time to do the important stuff.This is a major part of developing your business but it can be very hard to let go and give control to someone else. Even if it's highering a teenager to post leaflets or getting someone to build you a website or run your ebay sales you will have more time developing the business. This brings more ideas to the table as to getting more traffic to your business. You can always find family memebers that can to do little jobs for you.
More by this Author
Earning $100 a day is within everyones reach. What you need is a business model, here's one to get you making money on eBay.
You'll find out the true value of a penny is to your business after you read this. They are what open the door to your profits.
Cold air coming out of your car's heater? How to troubleshoot and fix the problem.