Air Hostess Jobs - A good Career Option
Air Hostess Career Prospects and Job Profile
My best friend’s daughter who is just 5 years old wants to be an air hostess when she becomes ‘big’ because she liked the auntie with the nice smile on the flight when she went on for holidays with her parents. Not only her who does not have a clue what an air hostess job means but also it is the dream job of many youngsters. There is no doubt about the fact that the Aviation industry is one of the fast growing industries with more and more Career opportunities every year. There is a host of domestic and foreign airliners which provide employment opportunities as Cabin Crew which includes flight stewards and air hostesses.
Given below is the job profile and Qualifications required for an Air Hostess Job.
Air Hostess Job Profile and Qualifications
The main duty of an Air-hostess is to welcome and help the travelers in making the journey as smooth as possible. She in-flight information, demonstrates emergency devices and serving the passengers with food and drinks. She is also supposed to give special attention to those traveling by privilege class and those who are sick. An Air Hostess is required to work sometimes even at odd times depending on the flight schedule. She is also required to handle critical situations calmly and irritant or angry passengers patiently without losing patience.
Though it is not compulsory that you have to go through training before you go for the job, it is recommended you do it as they help aspiring air-hostesses to better their skills and aptitude. Some institutes even offer 100% Job assistance or assurance. Air Hostess Academy (AHA) and Frank Finn are two leading institutes. The fees may range around one Lakh for the training. Some of the basic qualifications and requirements of Airlines are given below.
- 10 + 2/ Graduation
- Aged above 18 years and below 25 years unmarried females
- Height of 5 feet 2 inches minimum with proportionate weight
- Good eyesight
- Medically Fit
- Good English fluency
- Knowledge of Foreign Language (Preferred)
- Diploma in Tourism/ Hotel Management (Preferred)
- 1 Year experience in Hospitality Industry (Preferred)
- Knowledge of First Aid (Preferred)
- People friendly with good communication skills and positive attitude
- Ability to handle stress and work pressures
- Presentable and Pleasing Personality without visible tattoos
- Confident wearing knee length skirts
- No criminal background
- Not scared of heights and knowing to swim
Career Prospects & Perks
- Lucrative Salary Packages, Benefits and Perks
- Wonderful Trips to exciting destinations
- 12-15 off days in a month
- Chance of meeting nationals of other countries and celebrities
A Day in the Life of a Flight Attendant
10 Cabin Crew Interview Mistakes That Will Cost You Your Job
More by this Author
There are many similar or clone websites like Pinterest in every niche category like fashion, travel, wedding, craft, men and food. Check this online social bookmarking sites list for traffic generation.
Being a Good Boss is not an easy job. Nobody is born perfect but these characteristics can be developed . Check out this Hub for Qualities or traits of a Better and efficient Manager to employees.
The Internet has revolutionized the way we shop. Learn about ten benefits and advantages to online shopping and reasons why everyone's doing it!