Alocsin's Medicine Jobs and Salaries Index
© 2012 by Aurelio Locsin.
Medical health professionals diagnose and treat illnesses to restore individuals to good health. Some of the positions, such as for general practitioners, have some of the longest training periods of any career. They typically start with a four-year undergraduate degree, continue with four years of medical school, and then end with an internship and residency lasting three to eight years. In addition, they may need licensing from the state.
The following indexes Alocsin’s hubs on the employment and pay of doctors, nurses, dentists and other related professions. The articles are sorted by category, and then in alphabetical order within each category.
Doctors diagnose medical conditions and carrying out treatments that range from the prescription of medicines to operating on patients.
- Anesthesiologists. Manage patient pain before, during and after surgical procedures.
- Highest Paid Doctors. Describes the physician specialists who earn the most pay.
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Concentrate on women’s health issues such as pregnancy, childbirth and hormonal disorders.
- General Internists. Treat problems with internal body systems, such as the liver and digestive tract, without the use of surgery.
- Pediatricians. Focus on medical issues of children from newborns to young adults.
- Surgeons. Treat medical problems by operating on patients and manipulating internal systems manually or with instruments.
- Lowest Paid Doctors. Describes the lowest paid medical specialties.
Dental professionals manage medical conditions inside the mouth.
Other Medical Jobs
The following describes the employment and salaries of medical professionals who are neither doctors nor dentists.
- Earn Money as a Home Health Aide. Describes the steps in becoming a home health aide, a career that does not require a high-school diploma.
- Nurses. Forming the largest and fastest growing field of medicine, nurses assist doctors by diagnosing pages, helping with medical procedures, and providing emotional support to patients.
- Pharmacists. Dispenses medicines based on prescriptions by doctors.
More by this Author
Though American society has made great strides in equalizing the job market for both genders, certain jobs are still dominated by men because of innate ability, social pressure or tradition. Some professions have a...
Anesthesiologists are an essential part of the surgical team since they ensure that patients remain pain-free during operations. Their high salaries reflect their necessity and vary by employer and location.
Engineers apply theoretical knowledge of math and the physical sciences to create practical solutions for everyday problems. The following list shows the top 10 engineering disciplines that will add the most jobs,...