Best American Cities - Yorba Linda CA and Stimulus Funds Results
Stimulus Funds Increasing Jobs in Orange County
The ARRA Stimulus Funds did not create only government jobs, as some pundits and politicians claimed would occur.
The infrastructure and work related programing permitted by the additional money helped to double the number of jobs in Irvine, California during the 18 months leading up to October 2010. These 59,000 jobs in and around Irvine are in Finance, Insurance, Communications, Retail, and Healthcare and extend into Yorba Linda as well. these are largely not government jobs. The Stimulus helped to create jobs in Orange County.
Within 25 miles of Yorba Linda, jobs are also open in number among Irvine, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Riverside, Newport Beach, Orange, and Ontario CA.
These are not fast food jobs or ditch-digging jobs. These job listings are for career-jobs at a well-paying income level in Sales (some related to Tourism), Finance, and other professions, despite political ads to the contrary broadcast during mid-term elections campains during Autumn 2010.
Orange County Jobs
Selected Local Attractions
- Black Gold Golf Club
Orange County's premier golfing experience, rated 4 1/2 stars by golf digest, Black Gold is your best natural resource for daily fee golf and memorable events. Located in Yorba Linda, nestled against the chino hills state park, Black Gold offers chal
- Christmas Boat Parade of Lights
Featured Article - Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade of Lights
- Welcome to CookHaunt 2011!! www.CookHaunt.com
- Lobster Fest
- Messiah sing-along
- Nixon Presidential Library & Museum
- Pope John Paul II Polish Center
- Santa Ana History - Featuring Historical Information of Santa Ana
- Yorba Linda Arts Alliance
- Yorba Linda Shopping from Yorba Linda restaurants and Yorba Linda real estate to Yorba Linda enterta
Yorba Linda community information, Yorba Linda Shopping, Yorba Linda real estate, Shopping Centers in Yorba Linda, Best Yorba Linda restaurants from Mexican restaurants to Italian restaurants. Find entertainment and beaches, day trips or museums. Yor
Job Trends 2010 - 2014Click thumbnail to view full-size
Retail and Finance Jobs Surge Jan. - Oct. 2010
As the number of job openings have increased in Yorba Linda, Retail Sales and Finance positions have outdistanced Healthcare and IT jobs. Out of the Top 10 Hot Jobs in employment listings from all sources across the Interent for America, 50% of these top positions are in Sales and Finance in the Yorba Linda/Orange County area.
While Irvine CA jobs nearly doubled in the 18 months into October 2010, Yorba Linda job openings increased 25%.
Top Employers - IT, Computing, Finance, Insurance, Health
- Bank of America Corp.
- Kaiser Permanente
- Citrus Valley Health Partners
- Broadcom Corporation - Wirelss communications
- Verizon Wireless
- AppleOne - Finance, banking, insurance positions
- Search One Inc.
- Pizza Hut and Taco Bell
- The Apple Store - Retail computing and supplies
Top 10 Hot Jobs
- Retail Sales Representatives
- Retail Customer Service and Support Reps
- Account Managers – Finance and Sales
- Registered Nurses ( RNs)
- Salespeople – including wireless
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Administrative Assistants
- Store Managers
- Systems Administrators
- Project Managers
Orange County Employment Projections to 2016
The predicted fastest growing job titles are listed below for Orange County. Some are among the surge of new jobs and job vacancies created recently in the Yorba Linida area, as listed above.
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Home Health Aides
- Veterinary Techs
- Animal Trainers
- Medical Assistants
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Software Engineers
- Audio and Video Equipment Techs
- Special Education Teachers - Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Assistants
- Special Education Teachers - Middle School
- Physician's Assistants
- Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Mainstream Elementary School Teachers
- Medical Equipment Repairers
- Physical Therapists
- Restaurant Cooks
- Occupational Therapists
Other Top Cities in Orange County
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Irvine CA - Insurance and Finance...
Irvine, California was named in 2008 to the list of the 100 Best Places to Live in America by Money Magazine. In fact,...
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Orange County
Orange County is in the Los Angeles Media Market, southeast of LA. Orange County supports over 1.25 Million workers and needs many more to fill high-level and high-paying
Major Companies, Yorba Linda
- Allergan Inc - Drug manufacturer
- Broadcom Corp - Wireless
- Edwards Lifesciences - Medical equipment and supplies mfg and distibution
- Fairview Developmental - Residential care homes
- First American Title Ins Co
- Hoag Hospital
- Jones Lang La Salle - real Estate
- St John Knits Intl
- St Jude Medical Ctr
- Tri Zetto Group - IT services
- University Of California, Irvine; Uiversity and Hospital
Yorba Linda in 1920
Stimulus Funding to the OC
Boeing in Orange County - approx. $6 Million and $5 Million: NASA demonstrated positive results in 'propulsion airframe aeroacoustic integration, jet integration", other via Boeing contracts. NASA will further use the Boeing Low Speed Aeroacoustics Facility (LSAF) and other related resources.
Department of Transportation
Approx. $3 Million: Highway improvements in Orange County.
Small Business Association
$8 Million: Financing for small business.
Approx. $19.5 Million: Bus mfg.
Health and Human Services
Approx. $60.5 Million
Yorba Linda Development
Compared to the 1920s photo above, Yorba Linda is a metropolis in the 2010s. It is located near Los Angeles, and near other growing cities in Orange County.
The complete history to date of Yorba Linda, with a timeline, is online at The Yorba Linda Public Library.
Founded circa 1834 by a second generation Spaniard named Yorba, after receivinga land grant related to his father's exploration of the region. Yorba's adobe house stood in place until 1927 demolition.
Populated with only about 35 people in 1911, Yorba Linda is home in 2010 to approximately 70,000 individuals. Stimulus Funding under ARRA has apparently increased jobs in the locale since 2009.
More by this Author
Phoenix lost many jobs in the Recession of 2008 -2010, but began to recover during 3rd Quarter 2011. With a job surge in 2012, Phoenix enters 2013 with the most on-seasonal new jobs created in the local market for some...
California experienced financial setbacks in the 2000s, but aerospace began to grow. California is home to more aerospace companies in NASA's Commercial Crew than any other US State. Go Mars! Go Moon!
If you watch CSI and CSI Miami on television, you are watching criminology at work. Criminology is an important science in the field of sociology that can help prevent future crimes and help prisons become...