Best New Jobs in Bismarck, North Dakota
North Dakota - Insurance, Healthcare and Government
North Dakota may sound far flung and cold, but it is the home to many friendly people and successful companies that are growing in order to provide additional jobs to area residents. The seasons offer spring and summer weather along with the usual warm-weather activities, along with winter sports in colder seasons.
Bismarck ND is one of the Top 25 Small Cities in America for Jobs and Business and it is a good place to relocate if you are interested in beginning or advancing a career in Healthcare or Insurance.
Travel Nursing and other healthcare "Travelers" are paid higher wages and extra benefits, including rent or mortgage for up to 12 months when they come to North Dakota from a travel nursing agency. RNs. LPNs, a variety of therapists and techs, and physicians are needed in the Travel Healthcare Industry and there may be a job in Bismark for you if you wish to become part of it.
Native Oil Fields
New Town and Fort Berthold Reservation in North Dakota Oil Boom Produces Oil for all of North America -- New Town projected a need for 500 new oil wells by 2015 and much of western North Dakota boomed with increasing population and jobs.
Largest Employers in Greater Bismarck
The Largest Employers in Bismarck include the following list. It is comprised of Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing, and Education employers.
- Q & R Clinic - Also the 7th largest employer in the state of North Dakota.
- Sanford HealthMedcenter One Health Systems
- St. Alexius Medical Center
- Bob Cat Company - Farm Equipment
- IR Bobcat - Excavating
- Aetna Insurance
- Mid-Dakota Clinic
- North Dakota State Government
- US Federal Government
- Bismarck Public Schools
Top 10 Hot Jobs Expected 2015 - 2025
- Office/Administrative Support - especially in Healthcare, Sales, Insurance, and Government.
- Sales & Related Occupations
- Managers - all levels in several industries
- All Food & Beverage Prep/Service Jobs
- Transportation/Material Moving
- Production & Manufacturing - largely farm and excavation equipment.
- Construction and Extraction
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technicians - including Travelers, mentioned above.
- Education & Training, and Library jobs
- Personal Care/Service jobs
Additional High Demand Jobs:
- Computer/IT related jobs
- Architecture and Engineering - especially Alternative Energy Sources and Green Building for sustainability
- Healthcare Support
- Business & Financial Operations - Insurance and other
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Jobs
High Demand Jobs 2016 - 2017
- Truck Driving and related occupations
- Healthcare Staff
- Information Technology - Engineers and Analysts
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and Technicians
- Retail Sales
- Sales Representatives
- Management Job Manufacturing jobs
Major Hiring Companies
- Perkins & Marie Callender's
- Swift Transportation Company
- Apple Core Enterprises
- St. Alexius Health
- Supplemental Healthcare
- Tenet Healthcare
- XPO Logistics
- Food Service: Pizza Hut, McDonalds
- Dunafon Enterprises
- United States Army National Guard
- Starion Financial
- University of Mary
- Sears, Roebuck and Co. / Sear Holding
Higher Education in the Greater Bismark Area
- Bismarck State College (BSC) is a community college that offers 30+ Associate Degrees and Certificates in various vocational/technical studies. The first two years is directly transferable to a bachelor's degree in arts or sciences as well.
- Medcenter One College of Nursing accepts students in their junior year for a two-year bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Minot State University offers four-year degree programs in criminal justice, social work, management, and psychology; it also offers nine online degrees.
- The University of North Dakota (UND) Graduate Center offers master's programs in education, business administration, social work, and public administration; students can enroll in online, evening, and weekend classes.
- The associated UND School of Medicine offers the four-year MD degree.
- The University of Mary is a private Christian school for four-year degrees in 30+ programs and more in graduate degrees in nursing, management, education, and physical therapy.
- St. Alexius Medical Center is the site of two schools: the North Dakota School of Respiratory Care and St. Alexius School of Radiologic Technology.
- The United Tribes Technical College is a successful intertribal college that is entirely owned and operated by five Native American Nations. The college offers Associate degrees and certificates in many studies, adult education, and on-site daycare. (Please see highlights below.)
National Energy Center of Excellence at Bismarck State College
Many of the following sporting organiztions list Employment Opportunities on their web sites form time to time.
- Bismarck Bobcats Hockey - VFW Sports Center
- Dakota Wizards Basketball - Bismarck Civic Center
- Bismarck Soccer League
- Capital City Soccer Club
- National Junior College Athletic Association - Bismarck State College Mystics and the United Tribes Technical College Thunderbirds
Native American Oil Wells and Education
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC)
The Native American Nations associated with this community college host the annual United Tribes International Powwow on the college campus.
This powwow occurs in Lone Star Arena as a premier cultural event and recognized festival in North Dakota. The event has been awarded many related awards.
This powwow represents more than 70 different Native American Nations and smaller groups and showcases 1500 dancers and drummers each year to thousands of spectators.
Major nations in North Dakota that attend the pow wow include the Devils Lake Sioux (Mni Wakan Oyate), the Standing Rock Sioux, The Three Affiliated Tribes on the Fort Berthold Reservation, and the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
The college supports the efforts of the Workforce Investment Act in securing education and employment for the people of the Greater Bismarck Area and the Northern Plains Bison Education & Research Project.
This project is put forth to protect wildlife and to increase the herds of American Bison in North Dakota and the rest of the Great Plains, while maintaining Indigenous humane uses for the animals. The project also facilitates distance learning among native and all other populations.
The United Tribes Technical College Tribal Analytical Institute serves the Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara Nations (the three major oil-owning native Americans in the state), Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa, Standing Rock Sioux, Spirit Lake Nation, and Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate in sustainability in indigenous-owned industry and business and programs.
An effective training program for sustainability called Leadership Solutions is also a valuable part of UTTC. Several pages of jobs are available online or examination and application at www.uttc.edu/hr/openings.
The Three Affiliated Tribes - Owner of Many Oil WellsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Fort Berthold Reservation/New Town
UTTC has discovered as many Sami as there are "Eskimos" (Inuits and related) in the far North, about 100,000 people each. The Sami and related peoples use the reindeer, where their western relatives use the Bison in Native American and Circumpolar cultures.— Patty Inglish, author
The UTTC has researched the facts behind the relatedness of all Circumpolar Peoples, particularly the Sami of Northern Europe and Russia with Native Americans of the Northern Plains and First Nations of Canada.
UTTC has done this, spurred on by music studies in 2008 of the Sami singing group called Daughters and Sons of the Sun, which includes Mr. Ánte Mikkel Gaup and two daughters Sara Marielle and Lena Susanne from Samiland.
More by this Author
Missouri is a state of many attractions and one of them is high paying jobs in growing industries.
The Top 10 Employers of Ohio include two large universities, two major hospitals, two sectors of government, two aerospace and aviation employers, and two private manufacturing corporations, with more to come.
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.