Business and Employment Template
Before you Begin, Start off With a Good Title!
A good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements and a poor title, you will have a difficult time garnering search traffic. A good title:
- Reflects a common phrase people might use when conducting searches on the subject of your Hub
- Is clear, concise, descriptive, specific, and sounds organic
- Does not repeat keywords - don't, don't keyword stuff your title, subtitles, or text!
- Is directly related to the content of your Hub
Lastly, type your title into Google and see what articles show up as the first results. If you can beat the results with a better, more informative Hub then go for it! If not, we recommend trying a new title or choosing another topic.
For more information on crafting a good title, check out our Learning Center guide on title creation.
High-Quality, Long-Format Content Is King!
Today's online writing world is incredibly competitive! In order to build trust with search engines and build a following, online writers have to be exceptional. To increase your chances of success, we recommend that your Hubs:
Be Sure to Include Lots of Photos!
Keep Your Readers on Your Hub!
When beginning a Hub, we recommend jumping right in.
Some things you might do when introducing your Hub:
- Answer the question of your title right off the bat so that your readers don't hit the dreaded back button to continue searching on their topic somewhere else
- Share some fascinating statistics or facts about the place or subject you are covering
- Explain why you are particularly well suited to be writing a Hub on this subject
- Give a brief overview of the information you will be covering in the Hub
Polls are a Great Way to Increase User Engagement!
What is your Preferred Way of Saving Money for the Future?See results without voting
Subtitles Should Be Other Search Queries Around Your Topic
Though capsule subtitles are entirely optional, including them in your Hubs and making sure they are search friendly can make your Hub even more likely to be found via search engines (and this is how most Hubs gain traffic).
What is a search-friendly subtitle?
- A subtitle that is short and descriptive (e.g. Wall Street Culture)
- A subtitle that matches common search terms (e.g. How to Survive on Wall Street)
In other words, you should craft subtitles for capsules the same way you craft a title for your Hub!
Use High-Quality Photos and Images
Tables are a Great Way to Show Your Business or Financial Data!
Post Retirement Checklist
Are you Providing Concrete Facts?
The more specific facts, tips, and figures you can add to your Hub, the better! Give your readers facts on your topic that will be interesting and useful.
- Bulleted and numbered lists offer an excellent means of sharing information in a format that is easy to read and disseminate
Leave Search-Friendly Captions on Your Photos
Don't Be Afraid to Do Additional Research!
Supplementing Hubs in which you share your personal tips with additional information can give them a great competitive edge.
Your personal opinion is valuable. While it shouldn't be the main focus of your Hub, don't shy away from giving your Hubs a personal feel.
Adding additional research or hands-on experience to your Hubs is a great way to show your expertise, and if you took original photos, please use them!
Add Additional Capsules
Feel free to add other relevant capsules to your Hub by clicking the "Insert Capsule" icon! The following capsules could be a great addition:
- Another Table Capsule to share numerical data
- Map Capsule to show location-based information
- Quiz Capsule to test your readers
- Text and Photo Capsules to add additional information
Good luck and Happy Hubbing!
More by this Author
A good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements and a poor title, you...
When writing a travel Hub (or any Hub), we recommend jumping right in. Some things you might do when opening your Hub: Answer the question of your title right off the bat so that your readers don't hit the dreaded...
Technology articles are astoundingly popular online- and for a good reason. Technology presents quite a few opportunities to writers and publications as: The topic is very exciting Technology affects nearly...