Travel and Culture in Casper WY - Top 10 Hot Jobs
Casper Is Named to Many "Best" Lists
In 1995, Casper, Wyoming participated in a Community Economic Renewal Summit, after which city government leaders and businesses began new partnerships for projects that resulted in ongoing revitalization and sustainability.
Bu the late 2000s, Casper was named by Money Magazine and Forbes to lists of the Top 25 Best Small Cities in the US for Jobs and Business after a decade of revitalization and new business growth. See a related article at High Paying Jobs in Casper, Wyoming.
In 2005, Forbes.com named Casper the Number One Top Small Metro Area for Doing Business in the US. The city has also been recognized by the EPA and by Sports Illustrated, Kiplinger, and other publications.
By the late autumn of 2008, Casper had also been named placed into the Number Two slot for CareerBuilder.com's Top 30 Cities for Jobs in the US. A comparatively low unemployment rate in the metro area indicates that jobs are going unfilled for lack of workers. The standard of living is relatively high without the high cost of living attached to it and crime is lower than average.
Casper is growing in population, businesses and jobs and is the second largest city in the state, after Cheyenne. To maintain and improve this position the city's Casper Area Economic Development Alliance consistently develops new business, education, transportation, healthcare, and additional opportunities in Casper and surrounding Natrona County. One way in which to achieve these things is their ongoing system of constructing and promoting business parks that offer low overhead and easy access to clientele.
Local business incentives available include funding for training new employees through the Workforce Development Training Fund. In addition, The Wyoming Business Council is available to employers, offering assistance in creating new jobs and reducing employee turnover.
New Job Increases Began January 2012
Fastest Increasing Industry Sectors to 2014
- Mining & Extraction - Oil, gas, coal, and trona (a hydrous acid sodium carbonate). Sustainable business alternatives and alternative fuels will also become more important.
- Professional/Business Services
- Financial Services and Insurance
- Healthcare - especially Registered Nurses (RNs).
Top 10 Local Industries in Casper 2009 - 2012
- Retail Sales - 400+ companies
- Healthcare and Social Assistance - 300+
- Tourism: Accommodations & Food Service - 200+
- Construction - 350+ employers
- Wholesale Sales
- Admin, Support & Waste Manage
- Other Services
- Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Largest Local Employers
The largest local employers are involved in Government, Education, Mining and Extraction, Contruction, Heavy Equipment, and Healthcare.
- Natrona County School District Number One - This organization has remined the largest employer in the Greater Casper Area for several years.
- Wyoming Medical Center
- Key Energy Services - Services for oil and gas fields.
- The Industrial Company - Construction.
- City of Casper - Government.
- Casper College - see link below, under Higher Education.
- JW Williams - Oil and gas field equipment
- Wyoming Machinery - Caterpiller dealer.
- Natrona County - Government offices.
- True COmpanies - Services for oil and gas fields.
Active Mining and Oil Extraction Companies
- Chesapeake Energy
- Baker Hughes
- National Oilwell Varco
- Cooper Cameron
- Wyoming Machinery Company
- Honnen Equipment Company
- Tetra Tech
Top 10 Fastest-Growing Occupations to 2014
- Construction/Extraction - 6,300 new jobs expected
- Healthcare Practitioners and Techs - 4,600
- Office and Administrative Support Occupations - 3,000
- Retail & Wholesale Sales and Related Jobs - includes supervisors - 3,000
- Food & Beverage Preparation and Service - 2,700
- Transportation/Freight and Material Moving 2,200
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair 2,200
- Management 2,200
- Education, Training, and Library 2,000
- Production Occupations 1,000
Job Search In Casper and Natrano County
- Wyoming Medical Center
- Mountain View Regional Hospital - The region's best spinal specialty hospital and neurological surgery provider.
- Elkhorn Valley Rehabilitation Hospital
- Wyoming Behavioral Institute
HIGHER EDUCATION IS THE ACTIVITY HUB IN CASPER
- Atlantic Aviation
- Casper Air Service
- Casper College - Traditional and Online Learning.*
- Cosmetic Arts And Sciences
- Sage Technical Services
- University of Wyoming at Casper College
- Wyoming Aids Education and Training Center
- Wyoming Contractors Assn. McMurry Training Center
- Wyoming Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee
*Community College as Cultural Hub
Festivals, events, and activities center in and around Casper College as a hub for activity and as a meeting place. These include:
- Gertrude Krampert Theatre - Many productions, on campus.
- Erickson Gymnasium - Games and events, on campus
- Goodstein Foundation Library - On campus
- Casper Events Center
- Casper Troopers Drum & Bugler Corps - National recognition; video documentary released in 2008.
- Nicolaysen Art Museum
- Wyoming Symphony Orchestra
- National Historic Trails Center
Casper College and the Casper Troopers
Casper College is among the largest community colleges in the Southwest United States.The school enjoys a good reputation for academic studies, associate degree programs, and technical certification programs.
Casper College was founded in 1945 as the first junior college in the state asnd outgrew it's one-floor campus within 10 years. Today, it includes 27 buildings and over 125 acres of campus for its 50+ academic programs and 30 technical or vocational certifications.
This community college partners with 4-year schools that include Colorado State University, Franklin University, the University of Wyoming, Chadron State College, the University of Nebraska, and the University of North Dakota. Through these partnerships, Casper College students can continue to study in order to earn a bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree. With the lowest tuition of Western United States, Casper also participates in the WUE (Western Undergraduate Exchange). This reduces tuition for many out-of-state students in order to save them the higher out-of-state fees.
Video Clip of America's Core - Comeback of the Casper Troopers
WY Drum and Bugle Corps
Wyoming Native American Cultures
- University of Wyoming Catalog: American Indian Studies Course Descriptions
- THE INDIANS L.L.C.Welcomes You to Casper WY
- Native American Nations of the Far West - Wyoming
Indigenous Peoples developed different cultures from Alaska and Hawaii inward through the western United States...
- The Little People of Wyoming and the Pedro Mountains Mummy
Casper legends and tourism.
- Northern Arapaho Tribe | Northern Arapaho Tribe
- Sky People Higher Education
Recreation and Sports
- The Casper Ghosts - affiliated with the Colorado Rockies baseball club.
- The Wyoming Cavalry - Indoor Football.
- The Casper Troopers - Drum and Bugle Corps founded in 1957.
- Casper College Thunderbirds - A variety of college level sports.
- The Casper Marathon
- HikerCentral.com - Hiking, white water rafting, kiiing, snowboarding, beeches and swimming, lakes and boating and other listings for Casper and the surrounding area.
- Platte River Parkway
- Three Crowns Golf Club
- The Paradise Valley Golf Club
More by this Author
Phoenix lost many jobs in the Recession of 2008 -2010, but began to recover during 3rd Quarter 2011. With a job surge in 2012, Phoenix enters 2013 with the most on-seasonal new jobs created in the local market for some...
California experienced financial setbacks in the 2000s, but aerospace began to grow. California is home to more aerospace companies in NASA's Commercial Crew than any other US State. Go Mars! Go Moon!
I have learned much from Polish American friends about the important of Easter in their culture, friendships, families, and faith. Please enjoy the resipes and information.
Comments and Additions
No comments yet.