How to Write More Appealing Web Content
Deciding What to Write About
It has been said repeatedl, that the quality of any Web Content is the key when it comes to online marketing. For this reason, some gurus have suggested that it's better to choose a subject matter that you have some knowledge about, write about something that's of interest to you, or share some prior life's experience that others could learn from(ex. help someone to avoid making a mistake you have made).
I must agree that when you write on issues that you have an in-depth knowledge of, it's more fun writing and you also don't have to struggle to research the information or to write compelling articles.
However, the question is, will writing about your personal experience, or something based on your knowledge always help you to produce the kind of contents that will capture the interest of the population you are trying to target? A simple answer to this is --- it depends on the population or category of website visitors you are trying to target!
Know Your Website Visitors
You may have thousands of visitors coming to your site daily, however, they generally fall into at least 6 different categories:
- There are those who enjoy reading merely for pleasure or just to expand their knowledge and are not looking to buy whatever product or information you are trying to promote.
- Those who are looking for some much needed information to solve a problem or complete a task, free of cost.
- Others who are seriously looking for someone with the knowledge or a degree of expertise in a particular area to help them address an issue or solve a critical problem. These people are willing to reward you for your time, if they believe you can or have helped them.
- Those who know exactly what they are looking for and will make a purchase once they find that item or information online.
- Those who will not let go off their cash that easily. They need to be further persuaded or might be a bit hesitant to buy your product. It could also be that they need to develop a degree of trust in you or your product, before making a final purchasing decision. You might find people like these re-visiting your website time and time again, before finally making a purchase.
- Those who are already convinced, but just not ready to buy, maybe because they are waiting to come up with the money or it could be for other reasons.
The bottom line is, whether you choose to write on a subject matter based on knowledge, experience, areas of expertise or interest --- Content that clearly and convincingly addresses the usefulness or benefits of the product you are trying to promote will substantially increase the probability of you making a sale. Also, when readers see that you have very informative, well written web content, or a good command of your subject matter, they are likely to return for more help. Additionally, this will also increase the chance of other authoritative sites linking to your articles/site -- a good method of obtaining useful back links.
One final advice -- if you would like your population to be those who are looking to buy, willing to spend or might spend, you should always pay more attention to those "buyer's keywords".
(C) Copyright: W.MCFarlane 2012
More by this Author
There are some surprising health benefits of certain fruits and vegetables that we often overlooked. Some of them are are packed with vitamins, nutrients and other antioxidant properties.
There are different kinds of interviews. However, this hub will be focusing primarily on job interviews.
We often find ourselves turning to marriage councilors, or even friends for help with our marriage problems, but how many of us have ever stop to think about the goodness of a simple marriage prayer?