Craigslist - Ad Posting Secrets
Craigslist is a wonderful portal for posting Local Classifieds in large number of cities of USA, Canade, Asia and Europe. It also has large number of forums where members can share their views on large number of subjects of their interest also. It is largely free and most interestingly it is commumity moderated.
The postings on craigslist can be made here on about any thing like Jobs, housing, goods, services, romance, local activities, advice etc. and with the large number of hits this portal generates (more than 20 billion page view per month) you can always expect good returns on your efforts. This portal stands at number 7 in terms of english language page view in world. In addition to English, Craigslist is also available in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
Craigslist is a for profit organization, though it still uses .org domain since it symolizes mostly non-commercial nature, public service mission and a non-corporate culture..
To support its operations Craigslist has now expanded to more than 700 craigslist sites in 70 countries.
Because of the above features of Craigslist, people from world over keep posting their requirements, business details and other contents to get wider audience by themselves or through hiring professional agencies. Sometimes they are successful in getting their listing displayed on craigslist pages, and on some occasions their listing are either flagged, not displayed (though their account shows listing as active).
In this hub I will share with you my experience with Craigslist, and will share with you some tips those help me posting on Craigslist, making my Adverts stick and displayed in the required categories..
How to start working on CL
Craigslist is one of the easiest to start working as compared with any other classifieds web portal. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Visit https://accounts.craigslist.org/login/signup , enetr your e-mail, fill captcha and a signup linki is send to your email ID.
- Click on the link sent on your email and you are taken to a page, where all you need to do is to set your passowrd, and that's it.
- Once you have created your account, you can start posting adverts on craigslist in geographical areas and categories of your choice.
Important Tips to ensure your Ad is displayed!
- In order to ensure that your advert gets displayed on Craigslist, you should take care of following:
- Don't post same advert in multiple cities. The chances are that it will either be removed automatically or by active visitors to craigslist. However, in case you are an ad posting professional, kindly ensure that you use separate e-mail account every time, clear all your browsing history (clearing cookies) and keep changing ad title, and contents a little bit.
- In case you want to post your adverts in other countries then chances are that it wil not be displayed there, though your account will show that adverts are live. To avoid this situation try using proxies of that country (check them for their authenticity before you use them).
- Though Craigslist is all about text ads with some html allowed. You may create any ad in word, use some html editor or front page to get html code for that and post them on craigslist. Your adverts will look great and chances are that you will receive better response.
Whatever has been discuused I understand is good enough for any one to start using Craigslist for his business. However, in case you want to outsource your craigslist campaign (minm 100 adverts in a month to 1000+ ads in a month) feel free to message me on email@example.com.
For your success,