Creative Risk Taking
The wise-man would say that most important of any skill is risk taking. The Chinese have two characters to compose the word crisis; one represents danger the other opportunity.
"He who goes the farthest is generally the one willing to do and dare the most. The sure thing boat never gets far from shore."Dale Carnegie
Artists, Entrepreneurs, Free-Thinkers... Creative Risks
People that conduct themselves as risk takers are a special type of personality. Years ago anyone who would have wanted to scale cliff faces or hike the highest peak would have been looked at as suicidal. Today we call them adrenaline junkies and they are usually looked at as outcast types that won't conform. But risk takers are the rule breakers and are not afraid to brave that which is for most of us out of our comfort zone. The risk taker reaches out into the darkness and treads forth breaking a path for all to follow.
Those that will not become creative risk takers choose to stagnate in life and become slaves to their own lack of motivation to take a chance. Each day you wake up is a day you may die. Each day you take chances and risks as the odds click away. You get into your car to go to work, you use hot pans and grease... all of these activities have their own risk factor. But we ignore them. Life is a risky game, creative risk takers use this knowledge to live life to the fullest.
Here are the ten commandments of Free Thinking People:
- Be tolerant of differences.and tolerate being different
- Be ready to make mistakes and to ignore others disapproval.
- Face your mistakes and challenges head on.
- Take nothing for granted.
- Think of multiple solutions and tolerate anxiety do to uncertainty and focus on finding the best results.
- Work on your grounding and grasping an accurate perception of reality. Resist trying to twist it to make it conform to your laziness, narcissism, and for comfort and attention.
- Don't waste time on inner growth, get out of your zone and mingle in the night-life, do lunch, meet new people and keep in touch with old friends often.
- Distrust when people tell you your belief is wrong, and admit when you are wrong.
- When you feel confused or like your life is full contradictions remember that living a messy life is better than living the life of a lifestyle magazine article.
- Follow your own personal vision. Be Yourself, Don't let anyone misguide you with their personal vision. Be Yourself.
More by this Author
Learn about Oregon's natural wild mushrooms and truffles. Learn about their seasons and environments and how to collect them to be used in your food.
Beware Those Who Fight Monsters, Demonic Possession is an article that explores the topic of demonic possession from a variety of angles. It explores the nature of possession and how it crosses over many forms of...
A look into rapid hypnotic induction, this guide demonstrates two ways to put someone into a quick trance.
No comments yet.