Do I need Kontera on my hubpage
To have Kontera on your website or not
As a blogger we always want to delight our readers with the content on our website and at the same time also want to generate some revenues. We all know about the AdSense and almost everyone have AdSense on their blogs/hub/website. However when it come to having Kontera on your website, most of us are still doubtful. Before we go further, first try to find out what is Kontera and how it works.
Kontera is an In-text advertising solution that looks for specific keywords in your website and convert them into monetize links. Once some one hover on those keywords, it they see a bubble box advertisement. With these ads on your website you earn from both cost per impression and cost per click. All you need to do is to sign up with them and place their script on every page of your website which you want to monetize.
If Kontera is so easy to use and generated revenue then why people have doubts about it. Here are some of then reasons why people don't want to use Kontera on their websites.
- Difficult entry criteria: Entry criteria to use Kontera is bit difficult as come compared to its rivals like google AdSense. For example, your website should receive more than 500000 impressions per month, should be in English and very rich in content. There are also some limitations around geographical location like publisher should be in US, UK Canada. For a small blogger, its not easy to have those many impressions per months. However some publishers who have lesser impressions than half a million per month have claimed to get their application approved by Kontera.
- Ad overkill might irritate users: Publishers fear that In- text advertising may irritate their readers and destroy reader's experience. Truly, it annoy when you are reading an interesting article and a bubble box pops up. It may reduce the traffic and in turns reduce the revenue.
- Interference with Adsense: Publishers fear that it might interfere with the google AdSense and you may get lower price pr click. How ever it has not been proved yet but there have been mixed response from different publisher. While some publishers have claimed to receive smart pricing from google after having Kontera on their website and other have claimed that there was no change in AdSense revenue.
- Higher Pay out rate: Current payout rate from Kontera is $100 which means if your website have smaller traffic you may need to wait a long time till you get any pay check from Kontera. However this should not be a big problem with more popular websites.
So, whats the final verdict????
Final verdict is that, if your website/blogs are small scale, its better NOT to have Kontera at this point of time. You should wait till you website grows and become more content rich.
If you are receiving big traffic, have content rich pages and want to increase your revenues then Kontera is the right choice for you.
If you have any suggestion, please feel free to use the comment box below !!
More by this Author
This hub is about the Top 10 MBA colleges in the world. Best MBA School in Europe, UK, US . Top MBA school, Top best MBA college. IF you have any question like which is the best college for MBA in world of from where I...
This hub is about the world top 10 superpower. The strongest countries in the world. Top 10 military powers in the world. Best airforce, best navy and best army in the world. This hub will not take top 10 economies in...
- 0What (How) to write in Company leaving drinks invite email to office Colleagues and friends -Leaving Drink mail Template
you are not sure how to format the leaving drink invite email. you want to leave a good impression through your last email how you can prepare and format your leaving drinks invite email. Specify clearly the occasion...