Do You Have Faith to Accomplish Your Goals?
What Is Faith?
Faith is often discussed as Belief. What do you believe in? Is there something you need to have faith in or for? Faith is something that causes things to change, and if you do not have it, you will remain the same. Change is necessary for growth, and faith kicks change into action. So I ask you, do you have faith? Here I will discuss the proof of faith -- the components that drive faith.
Definitions of Faith. Hebrews 11 vs. 1 says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. Thefreeonlinedictionary.
Why Must You Have Faith?
- It is lasting.
- It stabilizes you.
- It moves mountains.
- It conquers your fears.
- It gives you an assurance.
- It helps you finish your course.
- It steers you in the right direction.
- It cannot be taken away from you.
- It is an essential ingredient in your life to keep you going.
- It is a compass that shows you which direction you should take.
Strong Finish by Jonathan Nelson
Faith as a grain of mustard seed can move mountains
Example of Faith In Action
I know, first-hand, many people who have reinvented their lives; changed careers and started new careers. The common denominator for all of them was: F-A-I-T-H. As I observed these individuals from start to finish, they were driven and had a determination to reach their goals.
They all started out with a vision of where they saw themselves. Then they acted upon it. They got more education. They took classes. They trained to be skilled in their chosen field. They did not only talk about the vision, they acted upon their vision.
People Who Had Great Faith In The Bible
- Daniel in the Lions Den.
- Joseph, the dream interpreter.
- Hannah, who wanted a son.
- Abraham, who left his home of dwelling.
- Noah, who built an ark.
Proof of Faith – 1 thru 7
- Joy – people with faith are joyful, cheerful and happy. They leave their worries behind.
- Peace – people with faith are peaceful. They can be calm and relaxed. They are not anxious.
- Persistence – people with faith continue to thrive and keep going and going. The do not let life get them down.
- Consistency – people with faith are consistent. They continue to do the same thing again and again to get expected results.
- Not doubting – people with faith do not doubt.
- Not Wavering – people with faith are not wishy washy. They stay focused and are steadfast.
- Doing the right thing – people with faith Do the right thing. They know that doing the right thing will bring great results.
How Do You Get Faith?
Romans 10 vs. 17: So then faith cometh by hearing (reading), and hearing by the word of God. You have to listen and hear words that ignite your goals. You have to listen and hear stories of people who have demonstrated faith in their life.
Read the Word of God (Bible) for Faith. Read scripture about the promises of God. Read the Psalms and Proverbs. These two books of the Bible offer a lot of hope and reassurance. Psalm 91 vs. 1: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 92 vs. 12: The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Psalm 23 vs. 1: The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. kvj
Proverbs 3 vs. 9 & 10: Honour the Lord with they substance, and with the first-fruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. Proverbs 18 vs. 10: the name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18 vs. 16: A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. kjv
Mustard Seed Faith. This is really important. Even though we can not see faith, we can understand the impact of faith. Jesus gives a parable in St. Matthew and he speaks of having faith as a grain of mustard seed. I believe Jesus gave this parable to allow us to visualize what he was talking about when he spoke of faith. The mustard seed grows into the greatest of herbs and becomes a tree.
In summary, it takes faith to accomplish your goals. When you want to do something great, there will be obstacles in your way, but keep on fighting and keep on believing, and one day you will reach the finish line declaring the victory. Keep on running so you can have a strong finish.
More by this Author
Starting a small business can be fun and easy. You can operate a small business from your home to keep cost down. Start today doing what you love to do and reap financial benefits. Choose a business that you are...
Things that will disqualify you for a job at the interview. Interview dos and don't at the interview. Don't be late, don't wear too much makeup, inappropriate clothes. Freshen your breath before going into the...
Characteristics of a passionate person. Passion is having strong emotions about something. Passion is something that you have on the inside of you that motivates you to go a step further. Passion drives you beyond...