Email Marketing: How To Create Effective Email Campaigns
Highly Effective Email Campaigns
An email campaign is one facet of your online business that you should pay attention to, as it can build up your business by extending your reach to busy people or people who think they are busy, you can keep in touch and provide useful content, updates on new products, offers on products and launched services and monthly newsletters, you name it. You can send email messages for it.
All you need is a good mail management system or auto responder to deliver your email messages at set intervals, but how do you create effective email campaigns that do well?
Email marketing is all about the end user, the person who signed up to be on your list and like anything it has to be planned out well for it to be efficient at retaining our subscribers interest and not making them unsubscribe as that is not what you want. Typically, when someone signs up to an email list or newsletter, they do so in the expectation of receiving something that you offer, a free report or email training series, or even a discount on some superb software tool.
So the first thing you need to work out, is what are you going to offer your future subscribers? As it needs to be something that people will find of great value or useful to read or use.
An email campaign all starts with an opt in page or squeeze page, this is just a small and brief sign up form that describes the main benefit or bonus that you offer and that's it, these pages need not be complicated as you can obtain free templates online for these or join the Instant Squeeze page generator and find out more there.
Email marketing is only one of many marketing strategies, however most online marketers believe it is the most important one of all and that is very true, although never neglect the other marketing options, as a combination of them are what work best for your ultimate marketing planning.
To start an email campaign all you need is a load of hooks to keep your subscribers, the first one like, I mentioned above is a hook to get people to sign up, then from there you need other hooks to keep your subscribers, a good idea is to find out what your target market wants, information is the way of the internet, and you can deliver the required content that others want to read, so an email course is always a good starter for your email messages, because they don't directly sell other links and stuff, they focus on the free information that the people signed up for in the first place.
Something like 90% useful content and tips and the other 10% should be used to sell within your email marketing series, people always want free information to make a decision about you as an authoritative expert, if they don't trust you, then you've gone the wrong way about it, so to recap always start off with free valuable content as this makes more sense to build up a relationship with current subscribers and future ones.
I'm a fan of Aweber for delivering your emails in an order that you yourself choose, so an email series is a good idea to round up new followers through email. Of course it isn't a waste of time doing this as the more you provide useful content related to your niche, then people will look out for your emails more in their inboxes and your credibility will be assured if you do the right thing and not sell what other people usually do all the time.
Also if people don't see a benefit in the title of your emails, then they might not open your email, a benefit can be described as a clear 4 or 5 words that say what the email is about, and you could be quite clever in your approach here by asking a question, so that the reader opens the email to find out the answer or it could be a problem statement that refers to them directly and they will be more inclined to click to open the email.
It all comes down to planning like I said at the start, by finding out what your readers want by surveying them or asking for comments on your blog or other WebPages that you control, you are in more of a position to gather the right information that they need and you can concentrate on creating content whether that be in a report form or an email course....
Good luck with your email marketing.
Other Online Marketing Methods To Consiider
- Link Building For Dummies
Image by Vertical Measures at Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkbuildingbyverticalmeasures First there are many ways you can build your backlinks online and you need to be aware of these, first...
3 Email Marketing Reference Books To Buy On Amazon
More by this Author
How to draw a tree, there are many different ways to draw trees, so take this one way and learn from it, to draw a tree all on your own.
Top 10 niche markets to create yourself an online business with, see which of these ten niche ideas you really can start an internet business with.
How to draw a demon, right through the demonic head and the body, with a few demon head drawing examples.