American Businesses Discriminates: Against Older Out-of-Work Americans
Issues for Older Americans Seeking Employment
Retirees who planned to find another job after retirement are finding few opportunities if any. Why? Because ‘Age Discrimination’ is still facing older American workers, and of course Congress is not helping as they are still sitting on their hands still; waiting for the problem to go away or become someone else’s issue to solve. Many Americans feel there is age discrimination in the employment act. What do you think? Check out this link:
Everyone has all the advice in the world for retirees; as advising starting one’s own business. Yes, right in this economy. And, some advise; maybe finding a job that pays much less than the retirees were making while working.
And, I say to this last advice: Many retirees would be happy to work at a job even if it paid less to supplement their retirement income. One issue is too many applicants for the few jobs, advertised.
Why? Because Congress is still allowing "Outsourcing of American Jobs." Don't get me started on this topic---one of us will develop a headache.
Rejected: Age Discrimination in America
Age Discrimination is Still Alive in America
Age Discrimination Continues Today in 2015
Now, another issue is how companies maneuver around “Age Discrimination” and still appear legal about it. These are probably the same companies who still discriminate against the unemployed.
Many people in these two categories are swept under the rug with the big political broom; therefore, the ones employed and the retirees who are the lucky few to find work; believe everything is fine now.
But as the world turns and we are awaken to a beautiful day outside our windows---many Americans are still hurting because of unemployment and age discrimination. And, it seems when the Holidays are near these people become the forgotten--- because the rest of the world is so busy with their own families. (And I am guilty of this so I know how it is when one works with a family depending on them.)
This is when everyone who can help should reach out to someone in need; to share with an older shut-in neighbor, the homeless, and the unemployed, the retirees who are living on almost nothing, the hungry and the poor. One never knows when we might walk in their shoes and just maybe those people will help us.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: Too antiquated and too easy to use the many loopholes that are available. This Act of 1967 does not stop many being laid off in other words many Americans can testify to the Act of 1967 not benefiting them at their time of need.
Americans have faced layoffs just before retiring---companies handed out termination notices using other than age for the reason for firing so many close to retirement age.
Supreme Court's Ruling in 2009
In 2009 the Supreme Court ruled that the workers needed to prove “Age Discrimination" transferring the obligation from the businesses/companies. Many believe that Congress should pass a bill protecting the older workers. But we all know they will sit on their hands on this one.
Many older workers have been demoted or terminated for their age by many companies which the Supreme Court seems to stand behind them more than the poor worker who has no recourse. After years of employment they face age discrimination at work.
I know of a large insurance company years ago--- that had an enormous layoff just to eliminate older employees before--- retirement from the company. These people lost their retirement and what did Congress do about that? Nothing! These workers have been just another number in the age discrimination statistics.
They were not protected by law in any way shape or form. Although I heard some retained an attorney to no avail---they just spent the little savings they had ---to watch the Supreme Court’s side the side of the companies.
Now---how does that make you feel when voting for the Supreme Court Judges comes up? Keep current on what the ones in office votes for and how they handle anything dealing with the employees---who thanks to them do not have a leg to stand on legally in reference to age discrimination.
This is just one sad story about companies doing someone wrong. So if one has to prove they were discriminated against by a company---it is wise to start keeping records now. Don’t feel safe just because you are in your 40’s---it can happen to anyone.
Don't be pushed around by anyone---keep good records and take them to court---if they want to fight about another issue---camouflaging the real issue of age discrimination---be ready for them---keep those records.
55 and Older Workers---Still Facing Discrimination in Employment
Yes, it is the Holiday Season again, and most Americans are planning for a nice Thanksgiving Day with their families. But not all Americans are having a celebration, because the unemployment rate is still high, and especially for the 55 and over older workers.
And, that is because of age discrimination in employment---qualified and skilled Americans are being discriminated against by the companies they help make successful. Don’t believe the propaganda hype, because the snake of discrimination is still slithering through the older unemployed workers in neighborhoods, in America.
And what has our government done about it? What has Congress done? But the big question is—what will they do?
The candidates will blow smoke, rant and rave about it, pointing their fingers to each other, like children playing in a sandbox; trying to stir up some votes, as they travel from state to state. I can tell you what these candidates have done for me; I learned to change channels, and watch something better---at least, I know fiction when I see it.
How many are still waiting for CHANGE ? I know most Americans are waiting, and I do not believe most of what is coming out of the mouths, of candidates.
If the Big Boys of Congress had any common sense, they could revise the Tax Benefits for all Businesses who are not paying their fair share to begin with, and stop riding the back of all American workers today, taking away any hope for them to save or have a retirement. Why are they (American Businesses ) so special, when most of the American businesses made their profits from the American consumers?
And, then the same American Businesses outsourced American jobs to other countries, and started the downfall of the American Dream. Because Outsourcing equals Unemployed Americans.
No, the only special companies in America today; are the ones whose products are made in America; therefore, they are the ones hiring the skilled 55+ workers.
How to Get a Job: Age Discrimination
Congress is Employed vs Americans Unemployed Due to Age Discrimination
Congress can eliminate Tax Breaks for American Businesses, and give them back Tax Benefits when they start hiring the skilled older workers. It is simple, and don’t forget the College Graduates who cannot find a job, because most of them were outsourced also. It is so simple, and would only take a little time, if the two parties could get along. (Our forefathers are probably turning over in their graves, at the asinine way their Declaration of Independence is being bent and twisted about like a piece of trash.)
Our Descendants, in years to come will probably eradicate both parties; thus eliminating their constant bickering, trying to sneak in bills for the ones who voted for them, with no consideration for all the American people, which is the reason they are there. With their--- scratch my back and I will return the favor--- will come to a sad and much needed end.
However, while we are still here, and we placed people who we thought had the American People’s best interest at heart, leading us? Where did we as Americans go wrong?
Well, my thought on this is--- we still put too much confidence in them--- and we just sit back, and let them run rapid with our Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness Rights.
What to do about it you ask? Call, email, fax, or go face to face with your representatives for your district and state, and tell them how you feel, as an American, you are tired of the political up-heave that leaves the American people hanging. Get busy and eliminate all age discrimination in the workplace.
The Real World: Too Old Too Soon
Now Congress Should do the Following:
This is what makes me mad about Congress:
1. Bring our men and women home from war.
2. Stop borrowing from China.
3. Balance the budget with Trillions of tax dollars they take in each year from the American People.
4. Stop giving money to other countries.
5. Stop being the World Police.
6. Charge everyone who works or owns a business in America 10% across the board Federal Income Tax. (Some large corporations do not pay taxes.) (Do your research)
7. Stop using Social Security as a scare tactic, this is our money---not yours to play with, it came from the workers of America.
8. Congress should not vote for their raises.
9. Congress should get their health insurance just like the American public.
10. Congress should get their retirement plan like all Americans--- who can afford it.
11. When Congressmen/Congresswomen leaves, or is fired or retired from Congress—their
paychecks are stopped.
12. No spouses of Congressmen/Congresswomen should ever receive any benefits from the government.
13.We should receive the daily reports online and television on how each one votes in Congress.
14. Congress should follow the Constitution, and never enter into conflicts, nor should a President without following the laws of our Nation.
15. Was the war in Iraq and Afghanistan legal?
16. Stop the Outsourcing of American Jobs.
17. Find a Common Sense solution to Unemployment in American.
18. Stop the discrimination of older American workers.
19. Americans do not want handouts, but some need a hand up---give benefits to companies who sponsors American Charities.
20. Bring our Education System up to par—put a bill into effect that will eliminate poor teaching---don’t hire people to oversee this—make each Principal of a school accountable to their State Governor’s Office, and then the Governor is accountable to the President of the United States of America, under a sworn oath. Then the President will televise a report to the American people three times a year, just on Education.
21.The Government should never have a say over what American Women do or not do as far as abortion. It should be between them and their God.
22. Since the Government stood back and let the words, “Under God” be taken out of our pledge---You can put it back now.
23. And put prayer back in schools, sports games, public gatherings, and everywhere it was before you let it be eliminated.
24. Being a Congressman/Congresswoman is a job---we would appreciate it if you came to work with the American People in mind, and do your job. We are watching what our government is doing. We are not a bunch of ignorant yahoos---our ancestors came here to find a land where they could worship their religion in their own way.
Stop the madness and do the job the American votes gave you.
That my Congressmen/Congresswomen is why we want “Under God” back.
PurvisBobbi44 is the sole author of this article and if copied anywhere else on the Internet or printed in articles or books it was taken without written consent and is strictly prohibited.
Productive Workplace---Where Professional Attitude and Excellent Behavior Prevail
- Productive Workplace---Where Professional Attitude and Excellent Behavior Prevails
Business Owners/Managers are responsible for a pleasant work environment for all employees to assure a productive business.
Globalization and The Vanishing American Nation---Blog
- Globalization and The Vanishing American Nation
American Companies outsourced our American jobs, leaving us with mass unemployment for the American people. And, what did our government do---they gave the same American companies a tax break for taking our jobs overseas.
Have you ever experienced age discrimination?See results without voting
© 2011 PurvisBobbi44
More by this Author
Businesses' profits can decrease as much as 75% due to poor customer service. Customers shop where appreciated.
Globalization was the worse idea of Congress. Not only was it bad for Americans, but it proved to be bad for people around the world.
Jesse Stone is still Paradise's Police Chief, he still drinks, he still likes women and he has a new dog.