Free Online Business Courses
Why do people need online training?
We all live a busy life. Work, family and personal commitments do not allow us to attend courses in a physical classroom environment. Most of us will more likely enroll in a free online course because of the following benefits:
- it is free - for most of us this style of learning takes away the financial issues such as expensive fees, childcare expenses, travel costs, meals, books and stationery
- you can learn at your own pace - you do not have deadlines, assignments, exams
- you can choose the type of course you want to attend - if company pays for it, you have to attend the course your manager picks for you
- you can stop the training at any time - you have the flexibility to have a break from study at any time you wish without asking permission from your trainer
- it is convenient - you are more likely to study in conditions that suits your life style
- it allows you unlimited attendance - you can retake any of the courses as many times as you wish for free
- it allows you to study at any time - you can study on the weekends (few training organisations run courses on Saturdays and none on Sundays), in your lunch breaks, evening, nights
Of course online learning has its disadvantages as well. The most obvious is the motivation. You have to be committed to study and finish the course.
Courses you can study online for free
The business courses you can attend online for free fall in the categories listed below:
- Business technology
- Train the trainer
- Time management
- Stress management
- Animal care
And the list goes on and on.
Websites offering free online courses
Master Class Management
Master Class Management provides a free management course which teaches how to become a good leader and a confident manager. It is recognized as a leader in online tuition and it uses real-life scenarios. The course name is Management Training and Leadership Skills. At the course completion, you will receive a Certification Reference Letter if you sit and pass the final exam. The pass mark is 70%.
Their website address is: http://www.masterclassmanagement.com/
E-Learning Center offers complete 2-6 hours courses online. The courses offered for free are:
- Business Management
- Customer Service
They also offer free online computer course.
Their website address is:http://www.e-learningcenter.com/
Training Power offers free online video courses in Construction and General Industry such as Hazard Communication, Electrical Safety and Machine Guarding.
Their website address is: http://www.freetrainingpower.com/
Open Culture offers 400 free online courses from the top Universities. The courses offered use audio and videos that can be played on your computer or a MP3 player. Some of the subjects on offer are:
Their website address is: http://www.openculture.com/
You will find more websites /companies offering free online course in my next hub. (link to follow soon).