How to Get a Google Plus Business Page
Google Plus Pages - Intro
Google Plus Badge
Step-1 Signing up for a gmail Account (its a requirement)
- Skip to step 3 if you already own a Google Plus Account.
- Signing up for a Gmail account is required before you can get onto Google Plus.
- The info you submit into your gmail account must be accurate & official identifying info with respect to the Business Owner which should be you.
- Your new gmail account will become your future access to your Google Plus Account & the entire Google Network.
- (Keep your Gmail password safe & don't share it with anyone).
Top left corner of gmail inbox , look for + sign near user name, see the plus, click your name
Step-2 From Your Gmail Inbox
- Hit the + button where your user name is displayed (view image on right of the screen here --->).
- This will lead you to the Google Plus set up page.
- Here you will need to inform Google of your accurate user ID info & password, the user ID & password you set up in Step 1.
- (Business names aren't accepted here by Google's verification systems.)
Cool tutorial on getting started & profile settings
Step 3 Business Page - Getting started & Profile Settings intro
- Once your Google Plus account is ready, your on your way to getting started.
- First - gain access to Your Google+ account
- All Step 2 users should be on their account already, if not log back in to G+.
- Your Business Page will begin at the Create Page (image shown below).
- Which displays 5 Business Categories to choose from.
Pick a Category: (Referring to the image Shown below)(The Create Page has five rectangular boxes Titled)
- Local Business or Place
- Product or Brand
- Company, Institution or Organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
(These active icon rectangular boxes once hovered over reveal info)
G+ Business - Create Page
Step 3 - Gaining Access to the Create Page
- Access the Create Page from your Google+ Stream page.
- Using an active icon titled Create a Google+ Page.
- Simply Click Create a Google+ Page icon to open up the Create Page.
- Shown in the image below.
- or when logged on Google+ follow this link (Google Plus Create Page).
- Note: only Google Plus users can access this Create Page.
- Go back to steps 1 & 2 if you haven't got an G+ account yet.
Look to the bottom right of your Google+ stream
- After creating the page from the Business category selection you made.
- You can now fully customize your new Business Page profile.
- This location is representative of your official business on Google Plus.
- Fill out the About section for your Business Introduction accurately.
- Any and all relevant content can be submitted as you choose.
- Relevant content are: photos, videos, & all future business postings submitted.
- An image for the photo submissions page can be seen below.
Business Profile - Photo page
Understanding 'Circles' - What are they
- Circles is new, & only exists on Google Plus & a whole new concept entirely.
- Before starting an account on G+ to get an idea of what Circles is.
- Try to think about Circles that people follow in life.
- Well that's pretty much what it is on Google Plus.
- Key difference here is how you interact with these circles.
- Since its a digital interface on the web, you gotta get use to it all.
- Just play around a bit, & beginning with your Google Plus account itself.
- Do this prior to getting into the business section, if you wanna truly master it.
- Communicating with others is also done via these circles by filtering.
- Once you get the hang of things and are familiar with the UI (User Interface).
- You will quickly find that communicating with new online technologies such as Google Plus is simply priceless. (There's no fee's related to use of Google+)
- It's soon to become today's online preferred method of choice for Businesses.
- Below is an image of what the new Business Circles looks like, Awesome stuff!
Things To know
- The Business Pages on Google Plus is for official Business Owners.
- Business Owners also have the option to create more than one page on Google Plus.
- Business Circles - you can now invite users from literally anywhere online.
- From Circles on your active G+ account (within your Business Circles).
- Via email Circles blasts (sending out invites to many times isn't wise here)
- New G+ users won't see a Circles synchronization of both accounts right away until they decide to start adding people to their Main G+ account Circles.
- Only those who accept your invites will see your stream posts & are the only ones you can form effective communications fourth & back, from the Business Page or Pages you've created overall.
- Accepted invites to Business Pages will appear on Business Circles Page and stream.
- This feature is also limited in how it can help locate other users to be added in the Business page account, unlike in your Main G+ account, which does allow for adding of up to 5000 users into your circles to start with, from a cool searching feature Google+ provides.
- There are website G+ badges for placement onto your official Business Sites, once you've got your Google+ Business Page set up, and ready.
- You'll find the options to get your badge, which is exactly identical to a FaceBook Like button, or a Tweet button.
- You also can create Google+ like buttons for your official website or blog locations that communicate from these Business pages your G+ business profiles daily posts. To do so try! Google+ User Feed, and there's other tools that work online as well.
- Good Luck!
Google Security Measures:
- Prior to accessing your new Business Pages set-up area, or Create Page your G+ account gets verified as explained below, so if it doesn't get approved the first time, you may need to supply Google with more accurate information about you & your official business, this is done for your protection.
- Google Plus Account verification - your G+ account goes through a rigorous verification process so that to protect your business & you from Identity theft.
© 2011 Mike Pugh
More by this Author
Human beings have had a great run on the earth when it comes to enjoying the fruits, and had their share of spoils as well. There is surely an end to it all in sight, but who's to say when, where, & how. One things...
Racism and social issues still exist today in college's and the university. This article is all about such an experience, and features an informative video to learn from made by some college students on Vimeo who've had...
Today our health awareness has raised to an all time high worldwide. Foods have been genetically altered and modified for years, this juicing article goes at great length to detail all about it.