How DO you earn money online?
Welcome to my HubPages venue for "Just Saying My Piece!". Here, I hope to share some of my personal commentary and philosophy regarding a wide variety of trending topics, including politics, religion, education, society, culture, and much more. Please feel free to leave comments and have a go at the poll questions, too!
Is it even possible to earn money online?
So, you want to earn some money online? You're tired of the workplace grind? Stressed out in traffic commuting to and from work? You want to "get rich quick"?
OK, let's slow down a little...earning money is never easy (no "get rich quick" systems that I know of), unless you're super-lucky and super-smart and super-dedicated and super-efficient at everything you attempt to do online. Yes, there might be some very real opportunities and even some working "systems" you could purchase from some of the "Internet Gurus" that might let you earn some money online; but, the reality is that earning money online still takes time and effort.
There are numerous relatively simple ways that you can earn some revenue from online opportunities, including the following few examples:
Note: This list covers only basic information and steps for some ways to earn money online. There are many other ways to earn online, but not all are covered here, of course.
- Submitting original articles to content sites like HubPages, or others that share revenues.
- Uploading original videos to sites like YouTube; monetized through Google Adsense.
- Creating original graphic designs, slogans, witty sayings, etc. for uploading to sites like Zazzle, CafePress, and other similar sites that market T-shirts, hats, mouse-pads, etc.
- Freelancing (original writing, graphics, audio, video, other) through sites like Elance, Guru, and similar sites.
- Creating your own "niche" websites, blogs, etc.; monetized with Google Adsense or other similar advertising protocols.
What is involved getting started?
Ideally, you will come up with some type of business plan, although that really depends on how serious you are about making the effort to actually run a business. Or, you can simply work from home creating digital content and market that yourself online. Some of the basic steps for getting started with the latter are:
- Set up a PayPal account, or other similar "online money handling" venue so you can easily receive payments from sites that pay through such means.
- Set up a Google account, so you can use Adsense to monetize your own websites, blogs, etc.; and, so you can collect from sites that share ad revenues gained from your content submissions.
- Set up a Zazzle, CafePress (or other similar) accounts, so you can upload your original graphics, slogans, etc. for them to print on their products.
- Set up Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and other social-networking accounts, so you can promote some of your articles and other online submissions for more traffic.
- Set up a (monetized) HubPages account, so you can submit your own (paying) Hubs.
- Set up (monetized) accounts with other revenue-sharing sites (Note: It is not wise to submit identical content at multiple sites--and some sites prohibit that).
- Read, understand, and follow all Terms of Service, Privacy Policies, and other site "rules and regulations" wherever you set up your accounts.
- Develop some means for keeping track of your online venues; your submissions, website URLs, passwords, user-names, and any other pertinent information regarding your overall online endeavors. Hint: MS Excel works well for a simple tracking tool.
What do YOU think?
Do you think there are any "get-rich-quick" systems that really work for earning money online?See results without voting
Do you think earning money online is easy to do?See results without voting
Do you think earning money online is just for "Internet Guru's"?See results without voting
Some more cautionary tips
We all know the Internet is open to many people from many walks of life and many "intentions"...including some who might not have credible or honorable intentions, but are just out to steal your money.
It is crucial that you be "awake and aware" of the possibility of serious scams or other ill-conceived "traps" that sound quite wonderful on the surface; but are often rife with questionable, if not illegal practices. It might not be easy to tell the scams from the legitimate sites or venues, but the old adage "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is NOT true" applies here; so keep alert and relentless in your online ventures, to minimize or prevent the possibility of being "scammed".
Remember, too, that earning money online requires work. You will have to keep up with any sites you create (blogs, etc.), and you will have to continually promote your own content at sites you submit to, and you might want to do your own research into other similar opportunities not outlined here...there are literally hundreds (thousands?) of opportunities...just watch out for the traps, and good luck!