Personal Trainer Marketing- Do You want to Make 6 Figures? Here's 11 Ways to Do It!
11 Ways to Personal Trainer Marketing Success
More and More I see personal trainers struggling to make a dollar. They have several clients that they see on a regular basis, but they can't seem to make a good living at what they do.
A close examination reveal a lot about what they are not doing in their business that keeps them from reaching a 6 figure income.
Let me explain....
Personal Training is in fact a business at the end of the day. So we must focus on the business side as much as we do the training side. You can't do one without the other and make the kind of money that will give you "financial freedom".
If making a living as a Personal Trainer is something you want and if making a six figure income is something you desire. Lets take a look at what you need to do get there.
1. The first thing you need to do is set a goal. How much do you want to make? What kind of personal training business do you want? What's your niche? Is it fat loss, training brides, boot camps, training seniors..etc.
For some writing their goals down seem to be pointless. Actually this is probably the most important step, as it drives everything that you will be doing in your business. Those that have no visual goals, often do not know what they want to do or where they want to take their business. This leads to a business that is staggering and not generating enough business to stay alive.
2. Calculate your income. Figure out how much you need to charge each client on a monthly basis to reach your 6 figure goal. Here's a formula to help you determine that:
Your hourly rate x The number of days you train your clients x 52 weeks in a year, now divide that by 12 months. That will give you the amount you need to charge your clients monthly. Once you have your end result, determine how many clients you will need paying that amount every month to reach your income goal.
Leverage Your Time With Group Training!
3. EFT Payments, Auto Debit - Set your clients up on auto debit or EFT where you would debit their credit card or checking account every month. You can use a system like Paypal to set this up. You should have all your clients sign a "contract" that commits them to 3 months to a year.
Accepting cash payments are not good for long term income. If you want to reach a 6 figure income auto debit is the way to go. With auto debit you will still get paid even if they wake up one morning and decided they wanted skip a session or even skip a month (per the contract of course).
4. Leverage Your Time- If you are doing 1 on 1 training. You are probably working way harder than you have to. A great way to leverage your time and make more is with Group Training. Lets use an example, you have 10 clients. You train them all 1 on 1. You charge each one $45. Your making $45 an hour. Not bad. You've made $450 for 10 hours work.
With group training you will see 10 folks in 1 hour and charge them $15 each. Now your making $150 an hour. Do you see where this is going? If you only worked 4 hours you'll make $600. The beauty of group training is you make more while working less!
5. Determine your hours of operation. If you want to work a particular schedule then you need to make sure your in the gym/studio at the hours you want for your schedule. Alot of trainers make the mistake of thinking potential clients will just pick up their business card and call for those time slots. If you want to work from 5am - 12pm you will need to be in the gym/studio at that time promoting to get that time slot filled.
6.Get referrals- Ask your current clients for referrals. Offer a free training session, fitness gift or a discount when they refer someone that signs up with you. This is a good way to generate new business without the cost of advertising.This will keep your funnel full of cash generating clients.
7.Be a Motivator- Encourage & Motivate your clients. When they make achievements, reward them with a free session or certificate of achievement. Let them know you recognize their accomplishment and are proud of them. People love to be recognized when they do something great! This will keep your clients coming back to see you and trying even harder to make themselves and you proud. You may wonder what's this got to do with making 6 figures? Everything! Treat your clients right and they will reward you with referrals and repeat business month after month.
8.Exude Energy - I know sometimes, we get tired and worn out. But it is absolutely important that you show high energy at all times. This may take some acting at times. But the client should always feel you're ready to give a good workout and are excited about doing it. I'm not saying you have to be wild and crazy , I mean be alive, attentive and motivating for your client. This also will keep your clients with you. Boring workouts leads to your clients having a boring time...eventually they get bored half to death and stop coming.When they stop coming so do their payments and referrals.
9. Get a Website or Blog to promote you and your business. No business today can survive without a website, in my opinion. If you want to make the big bucks you need to open your business up to the masses. The Internet opens up opportunities not available offline. Imagine having a way for current clients and potential clients to find out about you, buy products and get information 24 hours 7 days a week! Your website is like a salesperson that works for you around the clock, even while your on the beach in Tahiti! One of the biggest advantages of taking your business online is..... see #10
10. List Building. On your site you can collect names and email address of potential clients and current clients that visit your site.( You can use an auto response email service like Aweber to help you manage this process). Over time you will have many names and email address that you can market to over and over again with your newsletters, tips, promotions, specials, new products and more! This is how the Big Money Earners do it. They are constantly in the face of their clients and potential clients via their list with information that attracts people to them. This list will help you create a relationship with people that begin to trust you and your knowledge. When people trust you, they will buy from you and use your services again & again! There is big money is list building.
11. Get involved with social networking- Sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube are great ways to reach and network with a lot of people fast. These sites when used properly can bring you a lot of business. It's important to remember you are not selling on these sites. You are simply showcasing your fitness expertise, making 'friends" and attracting people to your via the value you are giving away. This is really a post in itself, if you want more information, be sure to visit my blog at the end of this article.
This is the foundation of every 6 figure Personal Trainer! If you want to be among the top earners in the fitness industry, you must know and practice what successful trainers do. If you are not doing these things, make it a point to add this to your list of things to do.
100k Personal Trainer Boot Camp - Fitness Marketing Success
If your are serious about making a 6 figure Income from your personal training business, Sign up for My Free 100k Personal Trainer Boot Camp! Here I will give you everything you need to get started making money.
I'm showing you how to: Get more clients, Create flier's that pull clients like crazy, close more clients at the consultation, leverage your time by working less and making more money , how to get your clients referring others more consistently and much more!
You can sign up for the free Boot Camp Here: Personal Trainer Marketing Success . It's 10 day's long and packed with top 100k Personal Trainer Marketing strategies that will catapult you into a whole new income bracket! Check it out.
More by this Author
Discover how you can tell if someone loves you. If you've been searching for answers, read this article for real eye opening information about love. Don't be confused about love. Get the answer now.
Learn the habits of 6 figure Nail Technicians and Cosmetologist. If you want to be successful copy what they do to generate cash and clients for their beauty business...