How To Start Your Own Home Based Errand Service Business
An Errand Service business can be very lucrative, because there are individuals and businesses who need errands run daily. There are runs to post offices, bill payment centers, court houses, insurance agencies, pharmacies, print shops, grocery stores and many others that need to be run every single day. So why not take advantage of this situation.
Individuals and businesses need these errands ran in a timely and efficient manner, so why not pay someone to do it. By you running the errand for them, this will allow them not to bog down their day with running the errands themselves.
If you conduct your Home Based Business correctly and professionally, you will always have a full array of paying customers available to you. As long as there are businesses that are in need of this type of service, like law firms, real estate agencies, busy parents and senior citizens, you can make a substantial living from this particular Home Based Business.
Books On Starting A Home Based Business
Start Up Cost
If you already have an insured vehicle, a computer and a cell phone then your start up cost for this can be right around $1,000. This money would go towards ads in the local papers, printing and copying flyers, purchasing business cards and other business materials.
What To Charge For Your Services
You can charge $15 to $25 an hour if in a large metropolitan area with corporate clients. You can charge on a per errand basis or charge weekly or monthly fees for regular clients. You can also charge by the mileage too. You choose which pricing method suits you better as a business owner.
Advertising and Marketing Tips
- Advertise on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Place ads in the classified section of the local newspaper.
- You should post flyers with contact info on community bulletin boards and leave some flyers with business cards attached at businesses and individual residences.
- In order to jump start your business, you may want to offer a free one-time errand run to your clients.
Recommended Experience or Skills Needed
- You have to be an honest and trustworthy person. These individuals will be entrusting you with very important documents, money, merchandise and much more. You will have to earn their trust, so it's best to be as professional as possible.
- You should know your area really well.
- You should be well organized and very efficient. Time management is essential when starting a business like this.
- You should be professional and good with people. Not only are you the face of your business, but once you are out in the field, you are also the face of your client's business.
- You should research the licensing requirements and tax laws within your jurisdiction.
- You should consult a lawyer about what contracts, if any, that you should have.
- You must be dependable and trustworthy. Your customers have to depend on you to deliver and pick up some important documents and payments. You should check with an insurance agent for liability coverage and also see if you need to get bonded.
You should conduct your own Market Research Survey with in your community to see which errands need to be ran the most and how much potential clients are willing to pay. You may even find some other errands needed that you never knew existed. But most importantly it can help you find potential clients who will most likely take advantage of your services.
More by this Author
I went to the doctor with complaints of chest pains at the top middle part of my chest area. I told my doctor that I didn't know what it was, but when I took aspirin the pain went away quickly. I do have high blood...
Every girl wants to get married and that's why the wedding industry estimates about $40 billon a year. All couples want their special day to be extra memorable and extra special. If you are a person who loves planning...
Oooh, this subject makes my head hurt. Simply because it's so stressful being in a relationship with a man who has "Baby Mama Drama"......It doesn't have to be though. All it takes is for everybody to know...