How To Use Twitter For Your Job Search, Tips & Tricks
How To Use Twitter For Your Job Search
“How To Use Twitter For Your Job Search” is the new eBook written by Marci Reynolds, the Owner and Chief Strategist of J2B Marketing, a “Job Seeker 2 Business”™ Internet Marketing company based in Boston, MA.
Prior to launching J2B Marketing, Reynolds was Vice President of Sales Operations and Vice President of Telesales at Monster.com, the leading online careers website.
Although there are many resources available covering how to use Twitter for business, “How To Use Twitter For Your Job Search” is one of the few resources dedicated to the unique needs of job seekers. Per Reynolds, “the book will help job seekers harness the power of social media to connect, influence, contribute, and find a job faster.”
In addition, Reynolds priced the eBook at the “job seeker” price of just $5.00, the cost of a coffee at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts! She wants to make the content accessible to everyone who needs it.
A Tweet Content Strategy For Your Job Search
Why is Twitter such an important job search tool?
According to a recent survey from Jobvite.com, approx. 80% of employers use or are planning to use social networking to find and attract candidates. The top three social networking tools used by recruiters and hiring managers are Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Per Reynolds, “There are so many ways you can use Twitter to
find a job." The new ebook covers more than 10, but here are 5 examples...
- You can get access to real time job postings. Employers and recruiters post jobs on Twitter covering every profession and industry. These postings are often listed on Twitter before traditional job boards and some may be exclusive to Twitter.
- You can increase your Google-ability! Google loves Twitter and indexes both Twitter profiles and Tweet content. Job seekers can use Twitter to "be found" via the most popular search engines.
- You can keep your skills up to date. By following popular news feeds, bloggers and industry experts you will get access to up to the minute information. While you are in job search mode, it is so important to stay up to date with what's happening in your industry and profession.
- You can improve the quality and effectiveness of your job search. There are thousands of job search experts, career coaches and interviewing gurus on Twitter. By reading their Tweets you will get great ideas to help improve your job search efforts.
- You can demonstrate your skills and abilities. By publishing, high quality, interesting, relevant, business Tweets, you can show off what you know to recruiters and prospective employers. For example, Renee Libby was a recent Twitter success story. She was laid off earlier this year from a PR job, actively tweeted for two months, then got a new PR job after an employer observed her impressive Twitter presence. Renee was profiled on CNNMoney.com
Twitter... The New Monster?
Per Reynolds, "The line between traditional job boards like Monster and Careerbuilder, and Twitter, are becoming blurred with the introduction of new Twitter job boards like TweetMYJOBS.com and TweetAJOB.com."
Employers pay these sites to Tweet their jobs for them, while providing a number of free job search tools for job seekers.
For example, TweetMYJOBS.com provides job seekers with access to more than 6,300 vertical job feeds, supporting more than 5,000 employers.
More About The Twitter eBook
"How To Use Twitter For Your Job Search” includes 12 chapters that cover an introduction to Twitter, a clear explanation of the benefits of Twitter to job search activities and step by step instructions on how to get started with a Twitter profile and a tweet content strategy.
Job seekers can download a PDF copy of the book to their own
computer or purchase a Kindle version from Amazon.com. Both versions are available for the job seeker friendly price of just $5.
For more information, please visit the book website, www.twitterjobsearchebook.com.
More On Twitter Job Search
Will Blog For Food... Blogging For Your Job Search
More by this Author
Best practices for designing sales contests and sales spiffs
The Craigslist website can be a powerful tool to generate free traffic to your website, blog or Hub Pages. If you have quality, relevant content aligned with a Craigslist posting, Craigslist visitors will come! ...
Details about my experience buying a 2008 new Audit TT V6 Quattro.