How to Build a Successful Commercial Website
Commercial Website Success Tips
Because more and more people are buying products online, online business is growing dramatically. Most companies are converting from a brick and mortar only company to electronic commerce. A recent study found that over 25% of companies spend from half a million dollars to well over 5 million dollars on online versions of their store.
If you want to get create a successful commercial website, you should use the following recommendations as your basis for making a site that is efficient and effective.
1. Make sure you site's contact information is complete and accurate. Create an easy to find 'Contact Us' page that is clearly visible from the homepage. Most websites will forget about this, but if you want to look credible this is the first step.
2. Keep your website up to date. This should be relegated to someone other than the main webmaster. Product pricing and design updates are two things that should be reviewed at least monthly, if not weekly. You should also add relative content on a regular basis. This will help with search engine optimization. The longer your website goes without being updated, the more stale it becomes in the eyes of the search engines. This could mean a drop in your keyword's rankings.
3. Work on SEO for your website. Try to get ranked higher for the keywords that closely represent what your site is all about. Entire books are written about how to effectively do this. Search engine optimization is a must learn for anyone serious about running a business online.
4. Create a website that is easy to navigate. I can not tell you how many times that I have been to a website that was really interesting or had great prices, but I left because the navigation was terrible. The design of your layout should be uniform throughout all your pages.
5. It is wise to create a site map, index, and table of contents. This is especially true if you are working with a large website. Most of the people that come to your site will not go from point a to b throughout your entire site. They will want to go to the articles and sales pages that interest them the most. So develop your key categories in an index that is easily accessible from the homepage. You can also use subcategories, but do not overwhelm your audience. Use your links in the index so that people can find the section that they want to move to with relative ease.
Share some additional tips for building succesful commercial sites
No comments yet.
Interesting websites that I have stumbled across
- Academy Sports Coupons Printable
Are you looking for Academy Sports coupons printable and ready to save you money? Check us out as we are the number one website for printable Academy Sports coupons and codes.
- AMC Movie Coupons
Looking for AMC movie coupons with the best deals? We are the top online site devoted specifically to providing you with awesome amc movie ticket coupons. Start saving on your movie prices today!
- Smoked Fish Recipes
If you are looking for some good tasting smoked fish recipes, you have found the right place. These recipes are designed to give you a fast and simple way to make mouth watering seafood.
- Harley Davidson Leather Jackets
Harley gear is the top of the line when it comes to leather bike jackets. Harley Davidson Leather Jackets, none of the competitors stack up. Come get great prices on these bike leathers.
- Hot Spots on Dogs
Hot spots on dogs can be one of the most painfully irratating things for a dog to experience. These home remedies for hot spots on dogs will soothe his skin and remove those itchy dog sores.
More by this Author
Have you ever had an idea for a cool T-shirt or sweater? Have you ever wanted to wear something that was not available? Want to make money designing outfits? Then this article is for you. This article will show you...