How to Find a High Paying Job in London UK - Positions Increasing
Search Engines and Salary Ranges
As in America, online job search engines seem to have become increasingly popular and in London and surrounding areas. Several such job search engines are described below.
Any readers that have knowledge of additional job search engines or other London job resources are invited to list them in the comments section.
Other avenues of job search for higher paying jobs in London include 1) Employment Recruiters, 2) Newspaper and other Classified Ads, 3) perhaps Government sponsored Job Centres, and 3) some individual company website listings.In addition, networking among business and work contacts may prove the best source of job information.
It is difficult to find the highest paying jobs in London with a simple online search engine available, unlike with American job boards Indeed.com and SimplyHired.com
In order to better use any of the job search sites and resume posting boards below, please see the following 61-page salary survey for employment categories and job titles in the UK: Salary Survey by Robert Walters. Job titles and categories in London specifically are examined early on in the document on Page 3. Review the job titles and match them to the findings shown below, derived from SimplyHired UK.
An ExampleData detailed from the report at the above link, Page 3, heading: Project Management/Business Analysis:
- Project Mgr/Business Analyst (8yrs' experience) - £100k+/year
- 5-8 yrs' experience - 80 to 110k
- 3-5 yrs' experience - 60 to 80k
- 0 - 3 yrs' experience - 54 to 65k
A job seeker may review the information from the 2009 Salary Survey and search the document online for 1) high paying jobs and 2) any of the Top 15 Jobs provided by SimplyHired UK, below, as found on their database.
Related Job Titles
- Senior Planner
- Programme Manager
- Senior Design Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Product Manager
- Customer Relationship Marketing Manager
- Finance Manager
- Real Estate Solicitor
- PMO Manager
- Quant Team Lead
- Procurement Manager
- Financial Accountant
- Sales Director
- IT Risk Manager
- Financial Accountant
- Financial Controller
Highest Paying Jobs, £100,000 and Over
The highest paying jobs in London are largely located in East and Southwest London and at these companies:
- Mode Medical Recruitment
- iKas International
- Michael Page UK
- Project Resource
- Alexander Ash
- Nicoll Curtin
- Aston Carter
- Mackenzie Stuart
- Annapurna HR
- Hydrogen Group
- Legal Works Recruitment
- Randstad Financial and Professional
- Morgan McKinley
SimplyHired UK is a leading online job search engine that provides lists of job openings in London. Aside from the actual job descriptions, SimplyHired UK offers additional information by which jobs can be sorted for convenience. These sorting categories include:
- Company Name- A home website may be applied within the job listings of some companies, providing a convenient method for researching the employer before applying for a position and requesting an employment interview.
- Location- This category breaks available jobs down into city sections (London) and even additional nearby cities.
- Job Type - This category is broken down into Permanent, Full-Time, Temporary, Contract Work, Part-Time, Internships, Volunteer (non-paid), Seasonal,
- Education - from some Secondary School to Doctorates and Professional Degrees. For the purposes of finding the highest-paid position in London, the highest education levels would be a good place to start looking.SimplyHired UK does not categorize jobs according to salary ranges as some American job search engines do.
- Work Experience - 0 to 2 years to 15+ years.
- Date Posted - From the last 24 hours, 7 days, 14 days, and 30 days.
- Employer or Recruiter (Recruitment Agency)
The highest numbers of jobs available on SImplyHired UK on the above date fell into the following educational requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A-Level or equivalent
- Master's Degree
- Vocational and HND/HNC or equivalent
Few jobs are available for individuals with less than completion of secondary school. The college and professional degrees would likely result in higher incomes overall, while a job search by educational level would help to pinpoint higher salaries.
Job Increasing on SimplyHired UK for London
Example: 2009 compared with 2014 job listings
- Number of jobs open within 25 km of London: 104,702; increased to
521,370 in May 2014.
- Number of Jobs within 15 km of London: 99, 048; increased to 467,000+
- Number of Jobs within 5 km of London: 94,840; increased to 453,000+
- The bulk of available jobs in this area appear to be in London itself: 84,179; increased to 442,500+
Interestingly, the bulk of employment openings advertise a requirement for 2-5 years of work experience in this batch of job listings. The second largest category is in the requirement of 0 to 2 years for work experience, a more entry-level classification of employment.
Top Hiring Firms
- Work Search
- Michael Page International
- Medacs Healthcare
- Hays Specialist Recruitment
- HCL Permanent
- Intelligent People
- Jobs Network
- Huxley Associates
- Computer Futures
- Real Staffing
- Project Resource
- Perfect Placement
- Explore Group
- Aston Carter
Highest Demand London Jobs 2014 - 2016
- Business Development Manager
- Project Manager
- Account Manager
- Business Analyst
- Quantity Surveyor
- Management Accountant
- Sales Executive
- Marketing Manager
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Java Developer
- Finance Manager
- Business Development Executive
- Sales Manager
- Recruitment Consultant
- Senior Account Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Senior Project Manager
- Front End Developer
- Site Manager
- English Teacher
Help from Recruitment Companies
LondonUKJobs.Com is another online job search engine that provides job postings for the London area. On the date upon which the example from SimplyHired UK was taken, LondonJobsUK.Com listed 12,775 job openings in London.
Job openings are arranged by Industry Clusters on this job listings site and can be searched by these large categories. Summer jobs and part-time jobs are listed as well in their own categories. No provision is made to categorize jobs by job title, salary, or educational level, so a job seeker must look through the lists in each category. However, a job seeker may apply for many of these jobs online and post a resume. A "Job Wanted" feature is also offered, in which a job seeker can advertise for a job. Some of the job listings on this site seem to have been open for several months and may or may not be yet requiring job candidates.
Some High Paying Jobs on Jobsite UK
Jobsiteis another large job search board for London and offers job listings that can be arranged in listings according to date posted, salary (high to low), and job descriptions. jobsite offered over 5,000 employment openings within 20 miles of London on the same date that the two job sites above were accessed. The highest salaries on this date were offered for these positions and others similar to them:
- Key Account Director: £50k - £65k pw (per week)
- Transportation Refrigeration Engineer: £25k - £35k pw + van + ph
- Lead Acturary: £800-£1200 per day
- Financial Engineer: £600 pa (per annum/per year)
- Business Analysts: £400 - £600 pa
Gumtree.com is an online community for each of several cities, similar to Craigslist. It offers a section for employment openings and on September 8, Gumtree listed 22,698 jobs open for London. Several categories of jobs are listed and Gumtree includes Voluntary positions, "Work Wanted", Part-Time, Job Training, Student & Graduate, and other categories as well. There is no provision for searching by salary.
Trovit Jobs is a larger job board that lists over 26,000 jobs for London on September 8. These positions included jobs in salary ranges above £25,000 per year with the following employers, although job seekers must look through lists of openings or search by specific job titles:
- Retail Choice
- Morgan Mckinley
- Wh Marks Sattin
- Certus Sales Recruitment
- Tradewind Recruitment
- Goodman Masson Recruitment
- Anson Mccade
- Searchfield Group
- FPSG - First People Solutions Group
LONDON NEWSPAPERS FOR JOB SEARCH & BUSINESS NEWS
- Guardian / guardian.co.uk
Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- London Evening Standard
Latest London news, business, sport, showbiz and entertainment from the London Evening Standard
- Telegraph.co.uk: news, business, sport, the Daily Telegraph newspaper, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph
Latest news, business, sport, comment, lifestyle and culture plus content from the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph newspapers and video from Telegraph TV
- Times Online -- The Times and Sunday Times
UK news, world news and business news and comment from The Times and The Sunday Times
- The Independent | News | UK and Worldwide News | Newspaper
Independent News - Breaking news, comment and features from The Independent newspaper - The Independent Newspaper
More by this Author
Hubber greathub has requested information about where in the world to go for he best professional growth, highest salaries, and consistent high-demand status for Mechanical Engineers...
If you watch CSI and CSI Miami on television, you are watching criminology at work. Criminology is an important science in the field of sociology that can help prevent future crimes and help prisons become...
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.