How to Inculcate Serious and Responsible Attitudes Towards Works, part 3
Can you work alone on a project without need of being told?
Develop strategies and map out activities to accomplish your goal.
1. Learn to appreciate and enjoy work. Bear in mind that nobody breaks down from overwork but from worry.
2. Do your work with energy and perseverance. Don’t ever just stand or sit down there sighing, wishing and waiting. You will never accomplish anything if that’s your attitude.
3. Don’t let idleness overcome you, it will make you a lazy person. When laziness begins to sip through you, immediately call to mind this motto: “Work or starve”.
4. Accomplish your work in the spirit of an artist. No matter what you do, do it to your utmost. Always remember, whatever you do is a personal reflection of what you are.
5. Be devoted to your work. Work on every little detail and pay close attention to them. 6.Be considerate to the suggestions of others. You can learn from your fellow trainee’s experience.
7. Develop the habit of finishing what you have started. Do not lose your interest merely because you have failed once or twice. Exert more effort until you finish what you have planned.
8. Don’t adopt a “ningas-kugon” attitude.
What to do if you can not solve the problem at hand?
HOW TO HANDLE PROBLEMS IN THE WORK PLACE
A well organized workplace is assumed to meet few problems while in operation. This is attributed to careful planning in setting up functional features which account for the smooth flow of work.
Problems in the workplace are characterized by two aspects - - people and facilities.
Here are some possible problems that you must be aware of before they come your way:
In the training center, the instructor is the source of learning, the facilitator and the guidance counselor. To get along well with him you should:
1.Give him due respect. 2.Follow his instructions and obey the rules he imposes.
3. Be friendly with him. He could assume the role of a “Big Brother” to you.
4. Ask questions politely. You can disagree with him in some aspects, but always be discreet and tactful in handling arguments.
5. Ask his help if necessary. He will be much willing to give it.
Handling Relationship with Peers
Training gives you the opportunity to be with people of different ages and upbringing. It makes you adjust to various personalities which you will ultimately experience during employment. Establishing good relations with your peers will surely make your training a pleasant and enjoyable experience.
Here are few tips:
1.Foremost, remember that you are under training and you are with people. In this situation you have to know everyone’s characteristics. This will give you an idea on how to interact with them effectively. 2.Be friendly and polite in dealing with them. 3.Be sincere in whatever you say. If there is something other people hate, it is being “plastic”. 4.Avoid hated discussion which you can not handle emotionally. Remember that each one is entitled to his own opinion.
5. Carry out to the best of your ability in routineary house cleaning chores in the shop. Your positive attitude is contiguous; it will radiate to your fellow trainees.
6. Avoid “horseplay” which may cause accidents.
7. Observe strictly the “golden rule.” (Do unto others what you would want others do unto you).
Facilities, Machinery/Equipment: how to handle them safely
1.Observe strictly operational procedures. Never operate a piece of machinery or equipment if you are not authorized. Wait for the instructor to give you the go-signal to operate it. 2.Check if they are in perfect working condition…. Use prescribed safety gadgets like goggles, gloves, shields, protector, etc. 3.If you encounter an operational problem, stop the machine immediately and report it to your instructor at once. 4.Be tactful and use your best judgment when coping with a problem. There are many things you can do to avoid further damage before the instructor arrives.
Be cautious with Electric power supply
The electric power supply could be a potential source of problem. Make sure you do not “monkey” with it. Make sure also that the following safeguards are present:
1.Shield/guard to high voltage power supply. 2.Proper signboard to alarm trainees. 3.Adaption of color safety codes. 4.Occasional checking of connections.
Accidents do not simply happen, they are caused. The best way is to prevent if from happening. However, if an accident happens here are few suggestions to follow:
1. Know the nature of accident. Is it from electric shock? Is it from burning? Is it caused by deadly industrial chemical? Is it a wound caused by a sharp object or a punctured wounds?
2. Make sure you know the telephone number of the center’s clinic or the nearest hospital. It is wise to have directory of the nearest Police Department, Fire Station and Hospital posted conspicuously on one area of the shop.
3. Call for help immediately. Life may be saved if one knows how to apply first aid.
4. Be calm. You shall be able to decide well if you have presence of mind.
5. Take the patient to the nearest hospital if necessary
More by this Author
LEARNING ACTIVITIES (First of 12 Parts) In order to achieve the learning outcomes stated in the learning material, you must follow the steps indicated below. Each step has a corresponding resource or specific...
Filipino workers are considered to be at par best if not the best compared with other workers in the world. They are resourceful, resilient, persistent and consistent. They are persevering and will do what it takes just...
Viruses, are evolving too. The need for a new style in handling your USB drive must also evolve with much improvement. Making your USB DRIVE Virus Resistant is the most effective way to stop viruses
No comments yet.