How to be a Bad Boss
Have you ever wondered if you have a bad boss?
Perhaps you have had some uncomfortable run in's with them, or noticed some suspicious behavior, maybe you have even caught them in the act of outright cheating or stealing. Well if you have ever needed any confirmation that you're boss is indeed far below the level, you will find your answer here.
See if any of the 25 characteristics of a Bad Boss seem to apply.
25 Bad Boss Characteristics
- 1: Always surrounds self with plenty of people to blame for anything that goes wrong.
- 2: Creates an environment of confusion, so that no one can really understand what their job is, this makes it much simpler to pass the buck when necessary.
- 3: Plans of any kind are always made in private then dictated to your subordinates as rudely as possible.
- 4: All new plans, policies, or procedures are undocumented leaving the ability open for change of mind whenever necessary with no formal notification to anyone.
- 5: Holds all employees to a very strict and high standards of conduct, without the ability to personally to abide by them.
- 6: When questioned about actions, they have always been sure to have mentioned them to someone in some way so they can say that they had approval for taking some action no matter what it may be.
- 7: Always blames the person who is not in the room.
- 8: Creates a complex chain of command impossible to follow productively so employees will be reprimanded no matter what course of action is taken.
- 9: No clear goals and objectives are presented to people doing their work, they are just made to go work and instructed to meet undefined expectations.
- 10: If a subordinate is to complain they are sure not to be allowed to leave the office thinking badly. An explanation about how an employees perception is distorted should always be presented.
- 11: If a subordinate insists on sticking to their thoughts and will not succumb to a particular point of view, make it known that they are the real cause of the problem.
- 12: Self determined relaxing paid hours are a must.
- 13: Swift action is taken in the case that a subordinate takes an unauthorized break.
- 14: When someone comes up with a logical idea that might interfere with plans of grandeur, the Bad Boss is sure to sabotage it as soon as possible.
- 15: Responsability is never, never, taken for anything.
- 16: When asking an employee a question they are sure to correct them repeatedly on their answer if it is not to thier expectation.
- 17: The boss's shedule is for the boss to know only. This makes it possible to make everything going along.
- 18: When something works right make sure to take credit for it, or at the very least place yourself in a position that makes it appear that you are involved. If your clearly not involved in it of don't understand it, it must be destroyed.
- 19: Suppress all comments made by employees on the up and up in the presence of your manager.
- 20: Constantly talks about all of the job duties they perform.
- 21: Has employees perform all job duties.
- 22: The Bad Boss is as rude as possible when sending phone or text messages to subordinates. This technique is sure to cut down on the amount of communication received from employees.
- 23: Always blames any issues on improper training, of self or employees. They never seem to have the right tools to do the job.
- 24: Holds secret meetings excluding certain employees so as to keep them suspicious of one another, taking the attention away from you.
- 25: Makes sure that any attempts to make things better are met with ridicule and termination.
The Sad Truth
If one or many of these characteristics rings true, you have a Baaaad Boss!
Unfortunately for those of us who really are logical, creative, charismatic, and have a shred of integrity are subjected to these unscrupulous individuals all too often.
Even more unfortunately these foolish individuals get their way more often than not.
After all their time & effort is devoted to being the lowest of the low, getting by on the backs of others achievements, and working hard at doing nothing, they should at least be good at that.
More by this Author
Sansivieria, Snake Plant, Mother In Laws Tongue, or Devil's Tongue, no matter what you choose to call it everything you have ever wanted to know about keeping a happy healthy Sansevieria plant lies in this article. Look...
Dracaena Lisa is arguably one of the most hearty and most widely used interior plants. With proper care Dracaena Lisa can make an ideal houseplant in most spaces and has a better tolerance for lower light than most of...
Mass cane, more commonly referred to as corn plant, is one of the most widely used indoor Dracaenas. Better understand basic care and the reasons for the popularity of this house plant.