How to beat Monday morning blues
How to beat Monday Blues
It’s Monday again! For most people like me, we get to have a hang-over of the past weekend. We tend to oversleep, rushing to leave for work, get stuck in heavy traffic. But how do we fight Monday Blues? Here are few tips I can share with you.
1. Condition yourself to wake up early. Before going to sleep the night before, tell yourself that you WILL wake up early to avoid traffic. Set your alarm 20 minutes earlier than your usual time of waking up.
2. Say a prayer and affirmations. Upon waking, say a prayer for all of your plans for the day. Chant an affirmation like “I am all ready and excited to work” or “Everything will turn out great today!”
3. Do a little exercise. You set your alarm 20 minutes earlier. Allot ten minutes of it to do a little bit of exercise to pump up your blood and get it circulated all over your body. A simple jumping-jack or jogging in place while shaking your arms will get your body going.
4. Eat your breakfast. It will be your fuel for your body. Nothing beats a sluggish body but a heavy and nutritious food in the morning. Try a medium-sized banana with a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of milk. It will boost your energy at the start of the day.
5. Have a warm bath and brush your teeth. Aside from doing a bit of exercise, a warm bath helps our blood to circulate, easing muscles that tightened during our sleep. The minty fresh taste in our mouth from brushing our teeth, gives us the confidence early on in the day. It makes us feel we are ready to talk to anyone in the office.
6. Smile. When you reach the office, smile and greet everyone a good morning. It is the simplest and cheapest way to boost your energy and start your day right. Smile even when stuck in traffic. Smile when a load is added to your work. Smile even if there is no coffee in the coffee pot. Just smile. It is the best way to conquer the Monday Blues!
No comments yet.