How to Get Your SSS Number and Register an Account Online
The Social Security System (SSS) in the Philippines is available for every individual, employed or self-employed, OFW, voluntary member, non-working spouse and household worker. It is a system through which individuals are able to get insurance benefits and it is also a very important asset for retirement.
Getting an SSS number is the first step to becoming a member of the SSS. At the moment, it is not possible to apply for an SSS number online since you need to submit major documents like your NSO-authenticated birth certificate, which must be done in person.
Once you get your number, however, you can manage your account online where you can view your contributions and other important information.
I have listed here the requirements and steps on how to get an SSS number. There is also some information below on getting an online account set up.
Do you already have your SSS number?See results without voting
How to Get an SSS Number
1. Download the SSS E1 form and print two copies.
You can find the documents you need at the Social Security System's official website. Fill it with your personal details and information. List your desired beneficiaries. Make sure all spellings are correct. Sign the paper.
2. Submit the E1 form at the SSS office along with the following:
Originals plus photocopies of:
- NSO-authenticated birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate
- Valid passport
If you don't have any of these primary documents, you can submit two of the following documents where your name and birth date appear together:
- Marriage contract
- Birth certificate of children
- GSIS member’s records
- Company ID
- Voter ID
- School ID
- Driver’s license
- Certification from the National Archives
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Joint affidavit of two disinterested persons attesting to the correct name and date of birth of the applicant
There are some other documents that will work — you can look at the official website for a complete list of acceptable documents.
Video: Getting a New SSS Number
- You can only have one SSS number, which will stay with you for your entire life. If you have multiple ones for any reason, you could have problems.
- If you lose your number, do not register to get a new number. See below for information on how to retrieve it.
- Having an SSS number doesn’t mean you automatically get all of the benefits. You must be engaged in an occupation or career subject to SSS coverage.
How to Register an Account Online
It is very easy to register your number online. All SSS pensioners and members can view contributions and balances as well as look at your SSS static info and employment history. Here's how:
- Go to the SSS website.
- Sign up for a member account (be sure you select member and not employer). For this, you'll need your SSS number, your latest SSS payment receipt, and your personal information (like birthdate, address, and name).
- Be sure all of your information is correct before you submit it. Once you submit, SSS will send you an email with your username and password.
- Follow the instructions in the email that the SSS sends you. You will have to fill in some more information. Be sure you read everything carefully and check the details before submitting.
- You should get another email from SSS saying congratulations on registering your account, and you should be able to log in and view your account.
If you want more information, Philpad has a comprehensive article about registering your account online.
How to Register at My.SSS
Frequently Asked Questions
If I Lost My SSS Number, How Can I Get It Online?
You can’t get it or retrieve it online. If you forgot your SSS number or lost the E1 copy, you can ask your current employer about it since they definitely have a record of it. If you don’t want to ask your employer, you can always go the SSS office and ask for it. Just be sure to bring valid identification (see above).
Can I View My SSS Contributions Online?
Yes, thankfully we can view our SSS records online together with contributions, employer history, loan application status, and other information. Just register online and get an easy way to access your account. (See above section for more information on this.)
More by this Author
Filipinos, as well as other foreign workers, find work in the Dubai through agencies and direct hire. Here is how you can find a job in Dubai, whether you are a professional or unskilled worker.
Members of the Government Service Insurance System and their qualified beneficiaries are eligible for a range of benefits, including hospital discounts, life insurance, loans, and many more.
What are the achievements and contributions of each president of the Philippines? Find out here, plus biographical information about every president since 1898.