Directory of High Demand Jobs and Relocation Resources for Ohio
Labor Market Information for Ohio and Major Cities
Ohio comprises 10 workforce related Metropolitan Statistical Areas around major cities such as Cleveland, Akron-Canton, Toledo and Lima, Columbus, Cambridge and Zanesville, Athens, and the Cincinnati-Dayton Corridor. These large metropolitan areas cover several counties that provide growing economies that are forecast to expand beyond 2106.
In 2008, the state capitol, Columbus, was recognized as the Number One Technology City in the US. In the first decade of the 21st century, the Cincinnati-Dayton Corridor more fully stepped into a role of major hub for the Aviation and Aerospace Industry, the two cities beginning to expand to meet one another. Together, they become a Metroplex larger than a metropolitan area. NASA holds an installation in Northeastern Ohio and aerospace technology installations lie in east central, west central, and southwestern portions of the state. Alternative Energy and sustainable resources have become a major focus of investment and new jobs in Ohio, displayed by clean coal initiatives in Southeastern Ohio and a line of wind turbines and beginnings of wind farms along I-75 North and South between Toledo and Dayton for 150 miles.
The Hub Pages in this directory and index contain information about the fastest growing and highest demanded jobs around Ohio, along with postsecondary education facilities, and workforce training opportunities, job search links, and resources for relocation.
You may also be interested in locally produced and American Made gifts from Ohio for any number of holidays ands celebrations at: Gifts Produced in Ohio for Holidays.
The Ohio State University Buckeyes
Where Are the Jobs in Ohio?
- Top 10 Fastest Growing Jobs in Ohio While the jobs in declining industries are disappearing, 21st century jobs are taking their places. These include Alternative Energy, Sustainable Resources, and Green Collar Jobs, as well as others. A resurgence in General Motors business with fuel-efficient vehicles and clean coal in Southeastern Ohio are just a couple of entries in the growing job market. The Healthcare Industry remains strong and growing in Ohio, including Travel Nursing. Healthcare as a business will continue to be a high demand industry through 2100, since the Millennial Generation is just as large as the Boomer Generation that they are replacing, and will live longer. Education, Government, Food Service, and Employment Services are also leaders in creating new jobs in Ohio.
- Top 20 Jobs in Columbus, Ohio - #1 High Tech City in America Columbus is home to a number of high-tech government, business, and training facilities. These include Battelle Memorial Institute, Chemical Abstracts, Ross Labs, The Ohio State University, NASA's John Glenn Institute, DeVry, Aviation and Aerospace installations, OhioHealth, Mt. Carmel Health, and many others. Insurance and Financial Products are also big in Columbus, as are the Hospitality and Tourism industries, Sports, Retail and Wholesale Sales, and Entertainment.
- Columbus, Ohio for Visitors and Locals Flippo the Clown from 10TV brought QUBE cable television to Columbus in the 1970s. Jack Hanna transformed the Columbus Zoo from a mud hole to the gala major attraction it is in the 21st century, beginning back in 1978. The Ohio State University and Buckeye Sports have been around since the 1800s. Nationwide Insurance began here. A long list of historical sites include Underground Railroad houses, African American enterprises maintained for 200 years, grand theaters and large arts installations. Entertainment is widely available in a variety of venues - the Brewery District, Nationwide Arena District (with several arenas and a new baseball stadium), the new University District, Easton, Tuttle Mall, Polaris and several others. On weekends, a free bus runs between the University and Nationwide Arena Districts as well.
- Top 20 Jobs in Cleveland, Ohio Home of actor and comedian Drew Carey, Cleveland is also home to the world renowned Cleveland Clinic. Two other of the city's major companies appear on the Top 100 Fast Growing Companies in the US. Most new jobs in Cleveland through 2016 are available in Information Technology (Computer based), Human Resources, and Healthcare.
- Top 10 New Jobs in Akron, Ohio Akron is were Alcoholics Anonymous and Goodyear Tire and Rubber both began. Environmental Engineers, Registered Nurses, and Medical Assistants are in high demand in and around Akron in Northeastern Ohio. Information Technology positions and jobs in Financial Products and Services, particularly Personal Financial Advisors are high demand and fast growing occupations that indicate economic growth in the regions.
- Top Jobs in Toledo, Ohio In the TV series M.A.S.H., the popular viewer favorite, Corporal Max Klinger (played by Jamie Farr), was from Toledo, Ohio and enjoyed going to Tony Paco's for the regionally known hotdogs in the 1940s and 1950s. Today, Tony Paco's has expanded into the casual dining industry, also providing its products to grocery stores and markets across the country. Toledo is the location of 9 major hospitals and medical colleges with openings in the Healthcare Industry, along with jobs at DaimlerChrysler and GM Corp., which received financial incentives and produced new jobs in the 2000s. The economy of the Toledo area is increasing to the point that Center of Science and Industry/Toledo, closed for a time, but reopened as the popular Imagination Station
M.A.S.H. - Toledo Ohio Characters
- Top 10 Jobs in Cincinnati, Ohio Together with Dayton, Cincinnati is becoming a Metroplex hub for Aviation and Aerospace business in the public and private sectors. Cincinnati also needs jobs filled in the Healthcare Industry, Education, and some Manufacturing as well as fields such as biomedical engineering technologies. Dayton is the home of air flight, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, and the Air Force Museum. While the city has suffered economic declines, many residents have traveled to Cincinnati daily to work. Cincinnati residents also travel to Wright State University near Dayton for work. The two cities are expanding in area and residential neighborhoods likely to meet in the early 21st century.
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Southeastern Ohio While historically a rural area, SE Ohio has been a center for agriculture, coal mining, and manufacturing in past years. With the help of the Federal Government, the state has instituted Enterprise Zones that are targeted for recruiting new businesses and jobs. Several business incentives help in that regard and in the 21st century, clean coal is one industry making gains in this region, along with wind turbine for alternative power and other sources of green collar jobs. Healthcare remains a healthy industry as well, with Athens University providing programs in osteopathic medicine as well.
Additional Information About Southern Ohio Opportunities
- $3.25 Billion for Jobs - Ohio
New jobs for 2012 in Oil and Natural Gas and the industries needed to support them are opening along highways I-77 and I-70 in Ohio. the high demand jobs are expected to be hot and growing through the next few decades. The companies doing the hiring
- Attractions and Job Growth In Southern Ohio
Historic and entertainment attractions and farm markets make Southern Ohio a good place to visit. The bridges on the Ohio River are historic installations that offer new infrastructure jobs as well.
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Southeastern Ohio
Traditionally a lower job-producing center than other parts of the state, Southeastern Ohio has kicked job creation into high gear as of 2012 - 2013.
Additional Resources and Information
- American Made Products and Gifts Produced in Ohio American Made and handcrafted from all over Ohio. These products include handcrafted Amish Furniture, honey, jams and jellies, pies by mail, collectibles, hand knits and homegrown wool and other fibre arts, toys like Etch-A-Sketch and electronics, Candy Like When You Were a Kid.
- Chic Harley Stadium There is no such thing as Chic Harley Stadium, but some think that perhaps there should be. OSU football and the stadium were referred to as The House That Harley Built for some time. While horseshoe is not named fo rthe early football star, the adjacent properties have provided a site for a lasting memorial to Chic Harley.
- How to Establish Residency in Another State - Information and the "How To" for moving from one US state to another.
More by this Author
President and Mrs. Barack Obama will retire back to Chicago and help with a program called My Bother's Keeper. It will help mentor young men and guide them into STEM courses and other education.
The largest growing occupation in Chicago was Choreographer, replaced by Healthcare, Information Technology (IT), Forensics and Trades. Aerospace is catching up quickly.
I have learned much from my Polish American friends about the important of Easter in their culture, friendships, families, and faith. Please enjoy the recipes and information.