Hybrid Cloud Computing Architecture Explained
Hybrid Cloud Computing Architecture Solves Many Existing Concerns about Public Clouds
Hybrid Cloud Computing was born as the new evolutionary product of Cloud Computing. It was sought as the medicine for all the pain that an enterprise undergoes while modelling their resources to work on public cloud. Some of the painful concerns of such enterprises are. How safe is my company-private data in public cloud? Do I have to set up and operate two separate clouds to use two different services for my enterprise? Hybrid cloud computing architecture handles all these concerns and brings in user-end focused cloud computing to the market.
Hybrid Cloud Computing Architecture Explained
To make things easy for the beginners reading this, lets start from the scratch. First,
- A public cloud : Is a cloud computing facility that operates in the public, from which any enterprise can get any offered services. Public clouds doesn’t have much respect for privacy of any specific organization since it’s outside the physical boundaries of any specific enterprises. This makes public clouds to be less trusted by companies on storing and processing their private data.
- A private cloud : Is a cloud facility that is solely owned by a single company. It could be hosted inside or outside of the company boundaries, either way data and service access is limited to the company that owns the cloud. Even in these private cloud the services could be rendered by a 3rd party. Many of the services offered in the public cloud are not available in the private clouds. They also had limited scalability and resources.
- A hybrid cloud : Is a combined implementation of 1 (minimum) or more public and private cloud each. These hybrid clouds are employed to get data privacy as well as all services available in public cloud, for an enterprise. Whenever the demand for computing scales beyond private clouds, the public clouds were used for additional resources.
What makes Hybrid Cloud Computing most essential than any other Cloud Architecture?
As Cloud Computing started to grow, some of the major services offered were.
- Platform as a Service ( PaaS )
- Infrastructure as a Service ( IaaS )
- Software as a Service ( SaaS )
Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure , IBM Smart Cloud and Google App Engine were all respective cloud brands focusing on these services. Then suddenly, many new services started to popup. These new services contained ‘components’ . Each component is piece of business functionality which is end-to-end, ready-made and application oriented. This set of new services were called
Every Component as a Service (XaaS)
There are several new as ‘as a Service’ components being introduced. Some of them are
- Database as a Service - Access to a cloud database in a pay-per use model
- Development as a Service - That offers option to develop and deploy softwares on the cloud
- Desktop as a Service - A virtual desktop infrastructure
- Storage as a Service - Provides storage space on the cloud
- Business Process as a Service - The total processings happening in business is rendered as a service
- Network as a Service - A network infrastructure
Next in Hybrid Cloud Computing | Federated Clouds and Ubiquitous Services
All these mixtures of essential services on the cloud have paved way for a new system called Federated clouds . It employs IT Services and Hybrid cloud in the perfect propotion to balance your business. Federated cloud is the next wave of cloud computing, to take over industires with faster and smarter migration options.
With diverse number of devices being born everyday and everyone having one of those, providing access to all of these services in cloud from all of these devices has become necessary. Ubiquitous computing is faster than ever today. Virtual workspaces and collaborated project management are of high demand. In this scenario the components existing in hybrid cloud architecture is perfect to balance the growth of new devices with compatible kind of data supply very efficiently.
More by this Author
Find Absolutely Free Cloud Computing Services | Software Providers. The Newest and Best Free Cloud Computing have been listed out here
By 2016 cloud computing companies are expected to grow rapidly. This article will be also useful for potential investors carefully watching the best cloud companies to invest in 2012. An exclusive analysis of the...
Why you should never buy the Philips QT4005/15 Trimmer, instead get the QT4011 Pro Skin Advance even if the latter is 5 times more 5-star reviewed at the moment.