Cleveland, Ohio - Best Jobs In Drew Carey's Hometown
Travel And Tourism
Progressive Field is a Major League Baseball venue in downtown Cleveland. Home to the Cleveland Indians, it joins Quicken Loans Arena as the Gateway Sports and Entertainment Complex.
Major Visitor Attractions
The Cleveland sports sector enjoys a regular fan base boosted by travelers coming in from Pennsylvania and elsewhere to enjoy team rivalries with the Cleveland Browns and the Cleveland Indians. Visitors may also stop by the Football Hall of Fame in nearby Akron and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland itself. Other travelers arrive, looking for the great seafood on this city on Lake Erie or to stroll through the Museum of Art.
Drew Carey - Ohio!
- April - Best Unusual and Fun Holiday Celebrations
Drew Carey! -- Two comedy stars switched TV shows one April 1 and the result was hilarious. Meanwhile, we celebrate sports, astronauts, ferrets, birds, laughter, libraries & fantastic autism awareness.
Numbers of job listings for Cleveland Metro from 2012 - 2015 increased from 2011 - 2012 and again from 2014 - 2016. Manufacturing was boosted by auto parts, aerospace parts, and drones. Mining in NE and SE Ohio was boosted by large investments in Oil & Gas. Truck Driving boomed with new jobs beginning in 2014.
Jobs Increase in Northern and Eastern Ohio
Ohio Governors Ted Strickland and John Kasich have been serious about job creation, with startling results. Manufacturing is increasing in Northeastern Ohio since 2012, including auto parts and aerospace rocketry. In fact, the Aerospace Industry supports over 1200 companies in Ohio alone.
Technologies are keys to the future in Ohio, especially in the eastern cities and the Ohio Space Corridor running from Cincinnati to Dayton and Columbus, our Number One Technology City in the nation. The John Glenn space center is part of NASA in Cleveland.
Increases in Cleveland jobs spiked in 2010, 2015, and began another rise in early 2016.
After Stimulus Funding & Ohio Third Frontier
Through usual ongoing Economic Development and added boosts from 2009 Stimulus Funding, Ohio's Third Frontier Project comprises a dozen initiatives to support superior globally-recognized research, commercial expansion, Employment & Training, and Information Technology infrastructures.
This is all to spike economic growth and job creation in the Greater Cleveland Area and elsewhere in Ohio. Check the news for announcements of grants, project start-ups, and emerging new jobs quickly.
Most Demanded Employees in Cleveland Job Ads:
- Truck Drivers with CDL licenses
- Physical Therapists .
- Occupational Therapists
- Nurse Specialists - RNs in specialties
- Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- IT Positions - Project Managers
- Customer Service Reps and Salespeople
- Medical Coding jobs
Approximately one quarter (25%) of these jobs are in seasonal sales and delivery positions, the rest being long-term career jobs.
Largest Hiring Companies
- Hogan Transportation
- Roehl Transport
- USA Truck
- Universal - Trucking
- Transport America
- Schneider National Trucking
- Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC
- Gordon Trucking
- McLeod Express
- CRST Trucking
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- MetroHealth System
- Integrity Technical Services
- University Hospitals
Rapid Transit is a Key to Economic Growth
Largest Employers in Cleveland
The largest employers (having the most employees) in the Greater Cleveland Area include those that are the largest companies in the State of Ohio, shown in bold print*.
- Cleveland Clinic*
- University Hospitals System*
- Federal, State, and City Government*
- Money Mart* - Check Cashing, bill payment, and other financial and related services.
- Metro Health Medical Center*
- Progressive Insurance* - Uses heavy TV advertising with interesting characters.
- Case Western Reserve University*
- University Hospital of Cleveland*
- NASA - National Aeronautics Space Administration*
- American Greetings*
Selected Major Employers
Glenn Research Center. Current projects include teleportation and exceeding the speed of light.
The FREE Stamp Public Art Piece
Fastest Growing Jobs in Cleveland to 2016
- Network Systems & Data Comm. Analysts
- Home Care and Home Health Aides
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Computer Software Engineers
- School Social Workers
- Social and Human Service Assistants
- Substance Abuse & Behavioral Disorder Counselors
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Veterinary Techs
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Medical Assistants
- Mainstream Preschool Teachers
- Education Adminstrators for Child Care and Preschools
The highest numbers of openings will be available in the following jobs at the following average hourlly wages:
- Cashiers $8.75
- Waiters and Waitresses $8.53
- Retail Salespersons $12.10
- Registered Nurses $30.38
- Manual Laborers and Freight $12.24
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Cleveland Jobs Need Increased Education
According to the City of Cleveland adn State of Ohio, at least 75% of new job growth in Cleveland is in Healthcare and requires training beyond the high school diploma.
There has been only a 19% growth rate in workers having more than a school education.
Workers need further education and on-the-job education help such as ongoing professional development, tuition reimbursement, and various education incentives.
In 2005, the USA graduated 1.5 million students with bacherlor's degrees. China graduated 3.5 million and will possibly continue to fill American jobs left vacant by an inadequate employee pool. ARRA Stimulus Funds toward higher education helped to prevent some of this from 2009 - 2016.
Colleges and Universities in Greater Cleveland
Fastest Growing Companies in America
Two Cleveland Ohio area companies are in the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies of America list of Fortune 500. These include:
- Number 59 : Cleveland-Cliffs
- Joseph A. Carrabba,, CEO
- 1100 Superior Avenue
- Cleveland, OH 44114
This is a 160-year-old iron-ore mining company. The company supplies ArcelorMittal and other steelmakers.
- Number 7: RTI International Metals
- Dawne S. Hickton, CEO
- 1000 Warren Avenue
- Niles, OH 44446
Demand for titanium in the Aerospace Industry propelled this specialty-metal maker to fast growth. This includes the Cincinnati-Dayton Aerospace Corrider in southwest Ohio.
Cleveland 1912 Panorama
Cleveland Sports Opportunities - Entertainment and Employment
- Cleveland St Vikings - Cleveland
Professional Sports Teams
- Cleveland Browns (NFL) - Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) - Cleveland
- Cleveland Gladiators - Arene Football
- Cleveland Indians (MLB) - Cleveland
- Northfield Park Raceway - Harness Racing
- Thistledown - Horse Racing
- Gund Arena - Cleveland
- Alpine Valley - Skiing
- Boston Mills/Brandywine - Skiing
Additional information available at:
© 2008 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
Indiana has nearly 131,000 job openings in a wide range of occupations, many of them highly paid. General Motors is one of the Top 20 Employers, hiring in manufacturing. Healthcare and Retail are big.
The largest growing occupation in Chicago was Choreographer, replaced by Healthcare, Information Technology (IT), Forensics and Trades. Aerospace is catching up quickly.
Which phrase is correct in proper English grammar–"in person" or "in-person"? Is it an adjective or an adverb? The answer depends on context.