Miami And Fort Lauderdale Business And Jobs
Fort Lauderdale Area
The Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach combined Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) is made up of the Southeast Florida counties of Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach counties. This large MSA is called the Gateway to the Americas, leading into the USA from international nations and especially from nearby Central and South America.
The city review article Top 10 Jobs in Miami-Hialeah discusses employment and business opportunities in one important portion of the larger MSA. Increasing numbers of people are relocating to Florida for retirement and employment, making the metropolitan centers gathering places for many new people and sites for new businesses.
Greater Fort Lauderdale includes Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, and Pompano Beach and is located in Broward County on the southeast coast of Florida.
Fort Lauderdale is the county seat of Broward County, and largest city in South Florida where many vacationers travel every year.
Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach Metro Area
The Metro Market Place Along Highway I-95
Southeast Florida Traditions
Indigenous Peoples and the Spanish first settled in the area of the Everglades long ago, leaving their traditions for generations of the future. Hispanic and Seminole influences are seen in many aspects of modern culture here, from architecture to cuisine. Varieties of tours are available up and down the coastal area as well as out into the Everglades and its parks.
Numerous celebrities have lived in this area and Jackie Gleason (1916 - 1987) filmed his Jackie Gleason Variety Show of the 1960s here. He used a mock up of a publication called American Scene Magazine in some of his skits, like Joe the Bartender.
Today, many famous people live on Miami's Indian Creek Island. The private police force is said to patrol 24/7 on jet-skis.
Indian Creek Island
It’s like Fantasy Island.— Adam Auriemma, Fusion.net
Southeast Florida Vacation Coast
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in the Greatest Place to Stand in Florida - Rockets in The Everglades
The Everglades holds the secrets of a fascinating history.
- Life, Attractions, Culture and Lincoln Vail Of the Everglades
The Everglades make up a historic region in the lower third of Florida. It is a feature unreplicated anywhere else in the world. The wide river of moving grasses is unique.
Miami - Fort Lauderdale - Pompano Beach Metro Area covers three counties with thousands of jobs available in high-paying careers.
Top 10 Occupational Fields in Fort Lauderdale
The Top 10 Jobs in Fort Lauderdale through at 2018 are contained in the following list. Financial Products (sales & administration) are in the number one slot, just above Education.
In addition, since the Millennial Generation in America was born from about 1985 - 2005 and is nearly as large the the huge Baby Boom Generation, the Healthcare Industry, especially RNs, will experience dramatic job increases through 2100 AD or longer.
- Financial Products, Securities, Commodity Contracts, and Other Investments -- Bank of America Plaza, PNC Center, American Express, SunTrust Center.
- Educational Services
- Nursing and Residential Care Facilities
- Ambulatory Health Care Services
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Hospitals - Memorial Healthcare System, North Shore Medical Center, Tenet Healthcare.
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- Management - IT, Retail, Food Services
- Administrative and Support Services
- Waste Management and Remediation Service (Green Industries)
Over 40,000 Jobs Advertised
The Fort Lauderdale Area sees a consistent 40,000+ jobs advertised in 2016.
Top 5 Highest Paid Occupations In The Metro Area
- Management Careers in several fields -- Average pay of $114,600
- Legal Occupations -- $95,000+
- Healthcare Practitioners and Tech Occupations -- $71,000
- Computer and Mathematical Occupations -- $71,000
- Architecture and Engineering -- $70,600
Jobs in Fort Lauderdale, FL are concentrated in tourism, hospitality, yachting, and healthcare.— Monster.com
Top 10 Hot Jobs to 2020
- Sales Representatives
- Physical Therapists
- Administrative Assistants
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Occupational Therapists
- Store Managers
- Physical Therapy Aides
- Baristas and similar - Full-time and part-time
- Shift Supervisors in a number of industries
Additional High Demand Jobs
- Sales Managers, Project Managers, Cashiers and Customer Service Reps, Account Executives, Senior Accountants, Receptionists, and Medical Support Staff.
- The City of Fort Lauderdale supports over 100 marinas and boatyards that employ many people.
Securities and Other Investment Products
Security & Commodity Brokers
- Angus Jackson Inc (954) 772-1166
- Barkley Financial Corporation (954) 489-0888
- Futuros Trading LLC (954) 659-7724
- Sun State Resources (954) 472-3840
- Universal Commodity Corporation (954) 938-0869
Top 5 Fort Lauderdale Currency Trading Firms:
- Pro Finance Group
- Gain Capital Group
- Global Forex Trading
- Western Capital Forex
- Saxo Bank
Other Major Investment Houses
Recreational Sports Teams
- Fort Lauderdale Aquatics
- Lauderdale Lakes Moose Lodge 2267 Sports
- Wilton Manors Baseball - leagues
- Baltimore Orioles Spring Training - Spectators welcomed.
Recreation and City Sporting Venues for the general public offer seasonal and full-time employment throughout the year, with marked tourist-season increases in jobs. Some of these can lead to full-time employment as well. Internships can be found for students majoring in physical education and recreation or sports, sports medicine, and movement arts.
Associated Tourism, Travel, and Retail businesses are boosted by these venues and sporting centers for a healthy Southeast Florida Economy.
Colleges and Universities
- Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
- Broward Community College
- City College Fort Lauderdale
- Everglades University
- Florida Career College
- Florida Metropolitan University
- Florida Atlantic University at Ft. Lauderdale
- ITT Technical Institute
- Keiser University
- Knox Theological Seminary
- Nova Southeastern University
- University of Florida
Afro-Cuban Music in Florida
© 2008 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
The Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers metropolitain areas covers Northwest Arkansas Southwest Missour. This tri-cities area is the major economic engine of the region and offers high-growth jobs in interesting occupations,...
Fast-growth jobs in the Greater Dallas Area abound in Information Technology (IT) as well as in Healthcare, the Aerospace Industry, Education, Audio-Visual Collections, and Bus Drivers. Green Industries also offer...
Since 2010, news from BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK has been that Canada and Australia were little touched by The Great Recession. New jobs continue to increase.