Best Employment In Minneapolis - St. Paul
Top 10 Largest Employers in The Twin Cities Metro Area
- University of Minnesota
- U.S. Government
- State of Minnesota
- 3M CO - physicians' and surgeons' equipment
- Fairview University Medical Center
- Methodist Hospital
- Thompson West - legal research
- Mayo Clinic
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital - Piper Breast Center
- Regions Hospital
Government, Healthcare and Legal Jobs Dominate the Market
The largest local market area (LMI) employers are the State and Federal Government, Healthcare, and Legal Research
Transportation and Construction are also healthy in the Twin Cities and will be boosted by ARRA Stimulus Package funds for infrastructure and Employment & Training form 2009 - 2012.
Economic expansion has stressed the local market area's transportation services and these are expanding with recent opening of the 21st century's Hiawatha Light Rail reaching out towards the Mall of America in Bloomington and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. Regional rail routes called the Northstar Corridor are connecting St. Cloud with Minneapolis as well, with expansions after 2008 all the way through 2014.
ARRA funds awere allocated for further expansion and successful in many fields in the Twin Cities.
Transportation to and from the area and for commuting:
- Minneapolis-St Paul Intl/World-Chamberlain at www.mspairport.com/
- St Cloud Regional
- Rochester International
- Anoka County-Blaine
- St Paul Downtown Holman Field
Amtrak Train Station
- St. Paul/Minneapolis, In St. Paul, At 730 Transfer Rd. Ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, public restrooms, payphones, vending machines, free parking, car rental service, taxi stand.
Jobs Increasing the Most 2014 - 2016
- Temporary Agencies - IT managers and Analysts, Administrative Assistants, Virtual Assistants, Website Design, and Data Entry
- Swift Transportation - Truck Drivers, Owner-Operators, Mechanics
- Telereach Corporate - Sales, Telemarketing, IT
- Mayo Clinic - Healthcare and IT
- STI 1,184
- Ameriplan - Insurnace Sales and IT
- UnitedHealth Group - Healthcare and Insurance Sales; some IT
Fast Growing Suburbs
Other Proper Minnesota Job Markets
- Another 5 US States with Low Unemployment and Increasing Jobs
Wakiki Beach The companion Hub to this presentation is called Top 10 States for Low Unemployment and Jobs 2010 - 2020. It discusses the first 5 states on the Top 10 List determined by Business Insider in late 2010. Their editors and staff called...
- US Economy: Eden Prairie MN - Best City in America
Eden Prairie was named Best City for Living and remained on that list long term. More types of jobs are available there than in almost any other US city.
- Fast Growing Jobs in Maple Grove MN
In northern Hennepin County, Maple Grove is a fast-growing suburb in the northeastern corner of Minneapolis. Maple Grove, Minnesota was named among the Best Places to Live in 2008 by Money Magazine and in early 2010, BusinessWeek analysts found it...
Jobs Increased from mid-2010 - 2014Click thumbnail to view full-size
Job Increases in Insurance and HealthcareClick thumbnail to view full-size
Top 10 High Demand Jobs for the 21st Century in the Twin Cities
All of the following job titles are in Healthcare or Insurance positions.
[Job Title and Percentage of Increase in Jobs Available]
- Physician Assistants 83.3%
- Home Health Aides 68%
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists 64.7%
- Surgeons 62.6%
- Pediatricians, General 62.5%
- Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators 57.1%
- Internists, General 56.2%
- Family and General Practitioners 55.7%
- Podiatrists 55.6%
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians 54.5%
Hospitals and Medical Centers in The Twin Cities
- Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
- Children's Health Care - Minneapolis
- Clifton House
- Fairview University Medical Center
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- Philliphs Eye Institute
The Greater Metropolitan Area
This Minneaoplis-St. Paul metro area is a Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) of the United States and covers the following Minnesota Counties:
and in Wisconsin, covers these counties:
- St. Croix
Twin Cities Links
- The Hiawatha Line
Light Rail system from the Nicollet Mall to the International Airport and Mall of America. Schedules available online.
- St. Paul Travel and Tourism
- Minneapolis Tourism
- Nicollet Mall
Large Minneapolis Mall with many shops and a statue tribute to Mary Tyler Moore.
- Mall of America
This goiant mall is between St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- Laverne & Shirley
TV Sitcom of the 1970s set in Minneapolis.
Twin Cities Higher Education
Major Colleges and Universities in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- ACADEMY EDUCATION CENTER INC www.academyeducation.com
- AMERICAN INDIAN OIC INCORPORATED www.aioic.org
- AUGSBURG COLLEGE www.augsburg.edu
- AVEDA INSTITUTE www.aveda.com
- DUNWOODY INSTITUTE www.dunwoody.tec.mn.us
- HERZING COLLEGE-MINNEAPOLIS DRAFTING SCHOOL CAMPUS www.herzing.edu
- LAKELAND MEDICAL AND DENTAL ACADEMY INC www.Lakelandacademy.com
- MCCONNELL SCHOOL INC www.mcconnellschool.com
- MINNEAPOLIS COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE www.mctc.mnscu.edu
- MINNEAPOLIS COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN www.mcad.edu
- MINNESOTA SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
- MUSICIANS TECHNICAL TRAINING CENTER www.musictech.com
- NORTH CENTRAL UNIVERSITY www.northcentral.edu
- NATIVE AMERICAN EDUCATIONAL SERVICES-TWIN CITIES http://naes.indian.com
- SUMMIT ACADEMY OPPORTUNITIES INDUSTRIALIZATION CTR
- THE ART INSTITUTES INTERNATIONAL MINNESOTA www.aim.artinstitutes.edu
- UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA-TWIN CITIES www.umn.edu/tc/
- VETERANS AFFAIRS MEDICAL CENTER SCH OF RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGY
More by this Author
The Top 10 Employers of Ohio include two large universities, two major hospitals, two sectors of government, two aerospace and aviation employers, and two private manufacturing corporations, with more to come.
President and Mrs. Barack Obama will retire back to Chicago and help with a program called My Bother's Keeper. It will help mentor young men and guide them into STEM courses and other education.
Useful Employment and Industry Market Forecasts for the United States and United Kingdom.