Home Of the Masters Tournament - Augusta, Georgia
Masters Co-Founder Bobby Jones
Bobby Jones, an amateur champion golfer, co-founded of the Masters Tournament golf course long ago on the site of the former Fruitland Nurseries in Augusta about 1931 with the help of a Wall Street broker named Cliff Roberts. It has become one of the most prestigious golfing tournaments in the world.
Bobby Jones Quotes:
Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots - but you have to play the ball where it lies.
From Arnold Palmer:
It's a funny thing, the more I practice the luckier I get.
From Jack Nicklaus, the Golden Bear:
A kid grows up a lot faster on the golf course. Golf teaches you how to behave.
From Mark Twain:
It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.
Jobs at the Masters Tournament golf course: https://mastersjobs.silkroad.com/
Augusta National Golf Club
Masters Golf Tournament at Augusta
Top 10 Jobs in Augusta and Richmond County
The Top 10 List of increasing numbers of jobs available in the Augusts area include three fields of work:
- Information Technology (IT), and
- Preschool Teachers/Childcare Staff.
Registered Nurses (RNs) and Wait Staff (waiters and waitresses) are also in high demand in Augusta. many businesses are also hiring new Managers.
If you have been employed in these occupations, your skills can transfer to jobs that are available in the above-named occupations and can be used as a base from which to pursue education and training in a new field. Funds for training costs may be available through the local country workforce department. For Augusta, this is Richmond County, Georgia.
Occupational Titles and % of Job Increase Expected to 2016
- Network Systems & Data Communications Analysts 51.67%
- Home Health Aides (HHAs) 46.69%
- Computer Software Engineers, Applications 41.53%
- Medical Assistants 38.14%
- Personal & Home Care Aides 37.70%
- Physician Assistants 34.95%
- Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software 33.51%
- Preschool Teachers 31.19%
- Dental Hygienists 29.57%
- Child Care Workers 27.97%
SNAPSHOT: Consistent 8,000 to 9,000 Jobs Posted from 2012 - 2014
- Registered Nurses - RNs, including Travelers
- Electrical Engineers
- Regional Flatbed Truck Drivers
- Managers and Assistant Managers
- Telecommuting Customer Service Representatives
- Environmental Systems Engineers
- Geospatial Operators
- Pizza Hut Jobs - Managers, Drivers, and Crew Positions
- District Managers
Advertised Jobs Rose During End of 2013 - 2014.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Employers Hiring the Most Workers
- Augusta State University
- Community Health Systems
- Roehl Transport - Trucking
- Supplemental Health
- Pizza Hut and Taco Bell
- Catapult Technology
- HCA North Florida - Healthcare
- University Health Care System
- L-3 Communications
- Department of Labor job boards
Largest Augusta Area Employers
The largest employers in and around Augusta
- Savannah River Site (nuclear power, operated by Westinghouse)
- Fort Gordon - United States Army Signal School & Eisenhower Medical Center
- The Medical College of Georgia, and
- The remaining large number of hospitals and clinics in and around Augusta.
There are more hospitals and clinics in and around Augusta than in any other region within the State of Georgia, provide ample employment opportunities in the Healthcare Industry.
Attractions and Jobs In Other Georgia Communities
- Attractions In Georgia - Atlanta Suburbs are Hot Spo...
College of Information Technology building at Georgia Southern University Singers and Musicians make up the single fastest-growing occupational group in Georgia for the next several years, according to federal, state, and local mployment trending...
- Fishing in Blue Ridge, Georgia
Located in the Northern Georgia mountains close to Tennessee, Blue Ridge, Georgia is about 90 minutes drive time north from Atlanta, in Fannin Count. Several types of fishing are abundant in the area, but outdoor...
- The Chicken Whisperer's Home, Alpharetta GA - The Be...
Alpharetta, Georgia has been the fastest growing city in the state since 2009. It is also the home of the Chicken Whisperer and his radio show. Jobs are growing in this Atlanta suburb and there are tons of things to do and see. Travel attractions, va
Education and Training In and Near Augusta
- Anderson University
- Augusta Technical College
- Augusta State University
- Medical College of Georgia
- Miller-Motte Technical College; 621 Frontage Rd NW, Augusta GA 30907
- Cambridge College
- Georgia Health Sciences University; 1120 15th St, Augusta GA 30912
- Georgia Institute of Technology at Atlanta and Augusta
- Georgia Military College
- Georgia Regents University - Public Health Center and School; 1120 15th Street Augusta GA 30912. Its Confucius Institute is a nonprofit institute for the study of Chinese language, culture, and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
- Paine College - Historical Black college; 1235 15th St, Augusta GA 30901
- Virginia College at Augusta; 2807 Wylds Road Extension, Suite B, Augusta GA
Sports Opportunities - Jobs and Recreation
The Official Ramblin' Wreck of Georgia Tech
The Ramblin' Wreck
- Georgia Institute of Technology
Main Campus in Atlanta GA, west of Augusta.
Georgia Tech Glee Club 2011
Georgia Tech Yellowjackets Sports
Georgia Tech Fight Song
I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer,
A helluva, helluva, helluva, helluva, hell of an engineer,
Like all the jolly good fellows, I drink my whiskey clear,
I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer.
Oh, if I had a daughter, sir, I'd dress her in White and Gold,
And put her on the campus, to cheer the brave and bold.
But if I had a son, sir, I'll tell you what he'd do.
He would yell, "To Hell with Georgia," like his daddy used to do.
Oh, I wish I had a barrel of rum and sugar three thousand pounds,
A college bell to put it in and a clapper to stir it around.
I'd drink to all good fellows who come from far and near.
I'm a ramblin', gamblin', hell of an engineer.
The Wreck Donated in 1961
More by this Author
The number of jobs in this state has increased every year in the 2010s, even beyond seasonal employment during summers and winter holidays.
Fast-growth jobs in the Greater Dallas Area abound in Information Technology (IT) as well as in Healthcare, the Aerospace Industry, Education, Audio-Visual Collections, and Bus Drivers. Green Industries also offer...
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.