High Demand Jobs in Chicago through 2016
Top 15 High Demand Jobs in Chicago
Healthcare: Nurses, Health Care Managers, Physicians, Pharmacists, Dentists, Technicians, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapists
Information Technology: IT Managers, Programmer Analysts, Software and Applications Developers, Engineers
Other High Demand Jobs:
Insurance Banking & Financial Products: Sales Managers/Financial & it Analysts
Other Managers: Business, Education
CHICAGO Dream Job: Public Address Announcer, Wrigley Field
Find this position and many more Chicago sports listings that could lead to your Dream Job at the reference Website:CAREERBUILDERS PAGE
Become the new Voice of the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field.
Quote from Job Posting:
- Strong vocal talent, excellent enunciation skills
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to speak extemporaneously to large crowds
- Strong knowledge of baseball
- Must be available for all Chicago Cubs 81 regular season home games, makeup games, tie breaker games, play-off games and non-game day events. Schedule includes nights, weekends, non-traditional hours and holidays, as needed
- Ability to work outdoors during periods of extreme weather
- Prior experience working as a Public Address Announcer in collegiate or professional sports (television or radio preferred)
- Interest in supporting Cubs' community and charitable efforts a plus"
Chicago, Illinois offers many job openings in a number of important industries.
The Healthcare Industry
The rapidly-aging population of the Chicago, Cook County, Illinois and the Midwest and a surging health-consciousness among residents of the state has created a demand for jobs in the occuational titles of medical assistant, physician assistant, home health aide, physical therapist, occupational therapist, respiratory therapist, pharmacy technician, dental hygienist, and medical scientist.
Animals need healthcare as well, thus the Chicago area pet population needs more veterinary technicians and technologists, as well as veterinarians.
Information Technology (IT)
Chicago is attracting increasing numbers of information technology (IT) companies that are bringing job openings with them. These job titles include network systems and data communications analyst, database administrator, computer systems analyst, computer software engineer, and computer and information systems manager.
This is very important to Chicago's urban renewal projects. Chicago is also expanding quickly. This has led to a hgiher demand for all of those professions involved in city/urban planning, auch as environmental engineer, landscape architect, and surveyor, to name a few. Chicago is working on green industries and sustainable resources in this area as well.
Many jobs are available for preschool and childcare teachers, early childhood administrators, K-12 teachers and administrators, special education specialists, vocational education teachers, and for teachers of self-improvement courses.
Resources for Your Chicago Job Search
Additional Chicago Links
- The Best Universities In Chicago
This guide will help you choose a college or university in the Chicago/Cook County Area for best results in earning a degree that lkeads to real employment.
- Chicago Architectural History - Frank's White City
Frank Lloyd Wright made some important additions and changes top the Chicago School of Architecture. Many clients and designers applauded him, while some architects and others were shocked.
- Chicago Vegetarian Diner Meals and Recipe
This accompaniment is served in a portion of Chicago area diners that specialize in vegetarian foods. A recipe and links to vegetarian Chcago diners is included, along with video tours.
Top Employers with Listed Job Vacancies
- JPMorgan Chase
- Advocate Health Care Network
- HCR Manorcare
- University of Chicago
- Resurrection Health Care
- US Cellular
- Ernst & Young
- Fifth Third Bank
Hottest Jobs In Chicago Area, 25-mile Radius
- Physical Therapists
- Project Managers
- Occupational Therapists
- Account Executives
- Customer Service Representatives
- Business Analysts
- Sales Representatives
- Event Specialists
- Senior Accountants
- Java Developers
- Administrative Assistants
- Account Managers
- Financial Analysts
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- General Practice Dentists
Woman Owned Businesses
Higher Education in Chicago
City Colleges of Chicago
This group is a network of seven community colleges, a distance learning center for computer and internet-based studies, a culinary school, a French pastry school, and several satellite branches. This group of schools also has their own TV station, listed below.
- Richard J. Daley College
- Harold Washington College
- Kennedy-King College
- Malcolm X College
- Olive-Harvey College
- Harry S Truman College
- Wilbur Wright College
- Center for Distance Learning
- French Pastry School
- Washburne Culinary Institute
- Satellite Campuses
- WYCC Channel 20 -21DT
Dozens of Pro Sports Teams
- Chicago Sports News, Schedules & Scores - chicagotribune.com
Find stories and pictures for today's latest Chicago sports news on baseball, basketball, football, golf, hockey, the Olympics and much more
Four-Year & Other Colleges and Universities:
- Argonne National Laboratory - A large multi-program laboratory operated by the University of Chicago for the U.S. Department of Energy.
- School of the Art Institute
- Chicago State University
- College of DuPage
- College of Lake County
- Columbia College
- DePaul University
- Doc Films -- The Documentary Film Group is the oldest continuously running student film society in America. It provides low cost, high quality venues for a wide variety of films to the University of Chicago and city of Chicago.
- Dominican University
- East-West University
- Elmhurst College
- Harper College
- Harrington College of Design
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- International Academy of Design & Technology - Chicago
- Joliet Junior College
- Lake Forest College
- Loyola University of Chicago
- Loyola University of Chicago's Stritch School of Medicine
- Moody Bible Institute
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Northern Illinois University
- Northwestern University
- Oakton Community College
- Robert Morris College
- Roosevelt University
- Triton College
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Wheaton College
- Westwood College Chicago
- Wilbur Wright College
- Governors State University
More by this Author
Sioux Falls SD has landed in any of the Number 1-5 slots on the list of Top 25 Best Small Cities for Jobs and Business in America for several years. It is a fast-growing community that offers a huge number of jobs in...
Traditionally a lower job-producing economic center than other parts of the state, Southeastern Ohio has kicked job creation into high gear after 2012. The years 2014 - 2015 are also positive.
After much hard work in writing countless resumes, cover letters, and job applications, employment candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. We can help with the information in...