Business and Jobs in Historic Delaware
Employment Resources in Delaware
The state of Delaware offers numerous employment opportunities in the fields of
- Air Flight and Airplane Mechanics and Crews,
- Information Technology (IT) and the
- Healthcare Industry.
- Parts of the Travel and Tourism Industry are considerable in this state and there is a need also for
- Personal Financial Advisors and
- Skilled Workers,especially in Trades and Oil & Gas.
Airplane Pilots and Crew, and Airplane Mechanics, along with Information Technology Engineers and Technicians are in High Demand.
State Of Delaware: 2,489 Square Miles On the Atlantic Ocean, With 28 Miles of Coastline
Capital of the state, founded in 1683 by William Penn.
Largest city in the state. Over half of the Fortune 500 companies call Wilmington their corporate home. First settled in 1638 by Swedish families.
State Bird: Blue Hen Chicken Was a Revolutionary War Emblem
The Dairy Queen at Fenwick Island was opened in 1954 and remains a popular attraction, located nearby several Colonial mansions from the days of the Original Thirteen Colonies.
- Dover International Speedway - Dover, Delaware. NASCAR events.
- Fenwick Island - This town includes approximately 400 residents in addition to vacation accommodations and many things to do. The community offers the southernmost beach in the state, with crabbing, fishing, swimming, and other outdoor sports.Its historic lighthouse was built in 1856. A State Park lies to the north and wildlife refuges sit to the northwest.
- First State National Monument - First National Park in Delaware, location in the Dover-Wilmington Area.
- Fort Delaware - Pea Patch Island.
Area of First National Monument and Park
Pea Patch Adventures
Fort Delaware, pictured above, is on Pea Patch Island. It is an attractive spot to visit during the spring and summer months. The state has a ferry to transport visitors to the historic fort from Delaware City.
Employers of Largest Numbers of Workers in the State
- JPMorgan Chase - Banking and Investments
- Barclays - Financial Products and Investments
- Judge Group
- C.R. England - Trucking, Freight and Transport
- DuPont - Chemicals and new drugs
- Christiana Health Care
- University of Delaware - Education and Healthcare
- Yuma Medical Center - Education and Healthcare
- Astra Zeneca Pharma - Drug developers and manufacturers
- State Division of Aging and Adults
- General Motors - Automotive Industry
- Mountaire Farms
- Port of Wilmington
Job Titles in Highest Demand
- Project Manager
- Occupational Therapists
- Business Analyst
- Physicians - All Specialties
- Customer Service Representative
- Physical Therapists
- Salespeople and Product Demonstrators
- Internal Medicine - Physician
- Javas and .Net Developers
- Registered Nurses - RN License
- IT Engineers
- Truck Driver - CDL
- Electrical, Mechanical and Design Engineers
- Outside Sales Reps
- Electricians and Helpers
- Retail Managers
The city of Wilmington, Delaware is recognized in the Top 10 Micro-Cities in the North America. It is in a historic region among busy commerce and political centers. Wilmington is an excellent site for finding a job in Information Technology (IT), Healthcare Professions, and Retails Sales at all levels.
Job Titles Expected to Increase Openings to 2022
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Home Health Aides (HHAs) - See Patient Care Technician
- Trades and Extraction Supervisors - Especially in Oil & Gas
- Welders and Construction Trades
- Laboratory Technicians
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Food Service Jobs
- Nursing Assistants
Delaware: The First US State
Green Business and Sustainable Energy
DELAWARE ENERGY is a company that offers employment opportunities in four major types of sustainable energy sources and production, including the following list:
- Solar Water Heating
Related energy resources and careers can be found at:
Renewable Energy Programs
- U.S. Department of Energy
- American Solar Energy Society
- American Wind Energy Association
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
- Florida Solar Energy Center
- North Carolina Solar Center
- Sustainable Buildings Industry Council
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- US Department of Energy Million Solar Roofs Initiative
- Schools Going Solar
- Renewable Energy Policy Project
- Pellet Fuels Institute
- US Dept.of Energy Hydropower Program
- National Hydropower Association
- Biomass Resource Information Clearinghouse
More Information About Energy Jobs
- Best American Solar Energy Companies
Leading companies in alternative energies are hiring more workers and producing less expensive, higher-efficiency products in the 2010s.
- Sustainable Energy Jobs Increase in America to 2022
Find out where the American jobs related to sustainable and renewable energy resources, petroleum and natural gas, and other forms of energy are likely to increase in the 2010s and 2020s.
Sports and Higher Education
Sports Related Opportunities in Delaware
The following sites are gateways into sports and related activities in Delaware that offer exciting career opportunities.
Higher Education in Delaware
- Delaware College of Art & Design: Wilmington
- Delaware State University: Dover
- Delaware Technical & Community College: Dover, Georgetown, Stanton/Wilmington
- Goldey-Beacom College: Wilmington
- University of Delaware: Newark -- Blue Hen Athletics
- Wesley College: Dover. Affiliated with the United Methodist Church
- Widener University: Wilmington, also Chester & Harrisburg Pennsylvania
- Wilmington College: New Castle
© 2007 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
New York City is committed to maintaining and expanding parks, waterways, greenways, and energy-efficient commercial building & urban renewal. The city is known as the Greenest Big City in America.
Vermont's fastest-growing jobs are in a number of career fields, with Healthcare offering the highest number of combined oppositions overall.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE243
If you watch CSI and CSI Miami on television, you are watching criminology at work. Criminology is an important science in the field of sociology that can help prevent future crimes and help prisons become...