Frequently Listed Job Vacancies in Idaho
Job Forecasts For 2014 - 2016
The number of job listings found for Idaho in March 2014 stood at the highest mark since 2010 and 2013 highs. The fastest growing occupation around the state to 2016 include work in the growing Healthcare Industry and Information Technology as well as Truck Driving and Energy Industries..
Skilled trades make up another large chunk of fast growing jobs and Hotel Resort occupations are growing in a number, along with Survey Research jobs, all after the Great Recession in America.
The top two growth jobs forecasted for Idaho from 2004 - 2014 wre both involved with communications, including radio and telecommunications.
Idaho Job Search Links
Jobs Double From 2010 - 2014
Over 24,600 job postings were found in Idaho in March 2014, compared with approximately 12,100 job listings gathered for the state in March 2010. This is a little more than doubling the number of job listings in four years.
The top listings most frequently found are in the following list of Healthcare, Sales, and Dining/Food Service jobs:
- Registered Nurses and Travel Nurses
- Nuverra Company and C. R. Englund - Truck Drivers
- Physical Therapists and Assistants
- Insurance Sales and Service
- Saudi Aramaco - IT and Engineering jobs in energy
- General Managers and Assistant Managers
- Occupational Therapists
- Sales Representatives
- Pizza Hut Crew, Shift Manager, Delivery Driver Speech Language Pathologists
Largest Idaho Employers
Reference: Information is from Careerinfonet.com statistics.
- Mountain Home US Air Force Base
- Micron Technology Inc - Boise
- Boise State University
- Military Dept - Boise
- St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center - Boise
- Brigham Young University- Rexburg
- On Semiconductor Corp. - Pocatello
- Department of Health & Welfare - Boise
- Water Center (utility) - Boise
- VA Medical Center - Boise
Job Markets In Idaho
- Jobs in Pocatello - Where It's Illegal Not to Smile
It is not illegal to frown in Pocatello Idaho today, but in another century, a law on the books did require a smile. It was good for getting along and good for businesses. In the 21st Century, Pocatello commemorates the tradition of the constant...
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Boise ID
Bronco Satium, Boise (photos this page public domain) Boise is one of the Top 10 Best Medium Sized Cities for Jobs and Business in the US, according to several economists, workforce specialists, and related magazines. Located in Ada County, Idaho,...
- Idaho Falls - Hot Jobs In Alternative Energy
Idaho Falls is a regional hub for health care, travel and business. Number 16 among the Top 30 Cities for Jobs Idaho Falls also specializes in alternative energy.
Large Idaho Job Markets Along I-84 and I-86
Sports Related Opportunities
The Gaming Entertainment Industry is growing in Idaho, including in the businesses owned and operated by the several Native American Nations located in this state. One need not be a member fo the nation or tribe to work in these resort hotel complexes.
There is also a thriving Travel and Tourism business in Idaho that regularly needs employees.
Native American Links
- Native American Nations - Part I
Over a dozen pages with links.
Native American Groups and Businesses in Idaho
Nations and Tribes
- Kootenai Tribal Council
- Nez Perce Tribal Executive Committee
- Northwestern Band of Shoshoni Nation: Blackfoot, Idaho
- Shoshone-Bannock Tribe
Report Hotels and Entertainment Complexes
Kootenai River Inn & Spa
7169 Plaza St.; Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
Shoshone-Bannock High Stakes
Shoshone-Bannock Tribes; Box 868; Fort Hall, ID 83203
Nez Perce Tribe; 419 Third Street; Kamiah, Idaho 83536
Clearwater River Resort
Nez Perce Tribe; 17500 Nez Perce Highway; Lewiston, ID 83501
Coeur d'Alene Tribe; 27068 Southwest US Hwy 95; Worley, Idaho 83876
Higher Education in Idaho
INSTITUTIONS AND CITIES
- Albertson College of Idaho: Caldwell
- Boise State University: Boise
- Brigham Young University Idaho: Rexburg, Idaho
- College of Southern Idaho: Twin Falls
- Eastern Idaho Technical College: Idaho Falls
- Idaho State University: Pocatello
- Lewis-Clark State College: Lewiston, Oregon
- Lewis-Clark State College: Coeur d'Alene campus
- North Idaho College: Coeur d'Alene
- Northwest Nazarene University Idaho: Nampa
- University of Idaho: Moscow
More by this Author
Who's hiring? Economic recovery in jobs became more visible in October, 2012 and even more substantial in 2014. Learn what jobs are in highest demand for now and in the future.
Useful Employment and Industry Market Forecasts for the United States and United Kingdom.
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.