Best Job Markets in Kansas
Successful Kansas Industries
The production of wheat grain as a crop has been a foundation of the Kansas state economy in a US plains for many years.
In the 21st century, all Farm Products and the Meat-packing Industry have led the state in jobs and business revenues, with the Large Aircraft Industry in Wichita, Kansas coming up fast behind them. Thus, food and aircraft production are leading industries.
Remarkably, just four corporations in Kansas, all of them in Wichita, manufacture over 70% of the whole world's general aviation aircraft. This follows a marked increase in aircraft and aerospace vehicle parts manufacturing in relationship to the increase in aerospace efforts in America and abroad.
In the years from 2010 - 2014, NASA amassed at least 63 privately held aerospace partners that include, in part, aircraft and aerospace manufacturing. Google successfully gained a number of lunar landers through their LunarX Prize, and Google in partnership with famous names like James Cameron and Sir Richard Branson began space mining efforts. They will bring in minerals from Mars, probably the moon (Luna), and the asteroid belt just beyond Mars. Thus, Kansas is in a good position to grow its economy from 2014 - 2024.
The development of Kansas and its economies, for the younger reader, 3rd grade and higher reading level.
Aviation is an industry that will continue to offer opportunities for high-paying jobs and careers throughout the next several decades. This is especially true in light of the growing number of Spaceports in America (at this writing: 12 in the USA, one in Canada, and another under construction in Colorado, USA).
The Top 20 Largest Employers in Kansas include the four major aircraft manufacturers located in Wichita,several corporations and small farmers in the agricultural industry, various meat-packing facilities, and several universities (see end of article for listing).
Best High Demand Jobs For Kansas, 2014 - 2016
The year 2014 in Kansas began with advertisements for over 67,000 jobs across all Internet sources. The most frequent listings are for the following job titles:
- Occupational Therapists
- IT Project Managers
- Automotive Technicians
- Registered Nurses
- Aircraft related jobs
- Administrative Assistants
- Truck Drivers and Owner Operators
- Financial jobs
- Food Production and Food Service jobs
Kansas Job Markets 2014 - 2024
Wichita is a real business and culture hub in Kansas. Some of the best jobs there include those in Healthcare, Government, Avionics and Aerospace. The future is very bright there. Wichita is one of Forbes Magazine's Best Cities for Jobs with a lower cost of living. A thriving college town, a dozen institutions of higher education partner tightly with business and government to design internships and new businesses as well. Wichita will continue to grow.
High Demand Jobs in Leawood KS are located largely inside the I-435 Outerbelt around Kansas City. Leawood is a major suburb of that place, just a few blocks west of the Missouri-Kansas state line and only two miles east of Overland Park. To the near north in Johnson County lies Shawnee, Kansas, voted one of the Best Cities In America by CNNMoney. The lands that became Shawnee, Kansas were a hub of government as well as native religion among the Shawnee people and the Osage Nation before them.
One of America's Richest Cities, Mission Hills, Kansas is located approximately 5 miles south of the Kansas City and Kansas-Missouri area and about 5 miles northeast of Overland Park. Overland Park itself is a Mega Railroading suburb. Kansas. The American railroads of the 19th and 20th Centuries were responsible for many such communities. good transportation is a key to city growth.
Travel and Life In Mulberry, Kansas -- Mulberry sits in Crawford County, Kansas in the Southeast Market Area designated for gathering statistics about employment and business. Mulberry is actually at the Missouri-Kansas state border, near Arma and Pittsburg KS.
The Walton, Kansas 21st Century Rural Life Center is an educational facility that provides hands-on training to youth in order to prepare them for the thriving Kansas agricultural businesses and jobs. Animal husbandry and county and state fairs for showing animals from the center all go into the curricula of grades K-5.
The Center is located 25 miles north of Wichita and classes begin every day with breakfast at 7:35 AM and end at 3:00 PM. This is about an average workday in America for the first shift, but many hours fewer than a real agricultural job often requires.
This education is not all farm work! Grades K-5 have music lessons twice weekly, physical education twice weekly, and either or both on Fridays. Computer literacy also keeps the children busy.
Agricultural High Schools for grades 9-12 are not so new in America. Even Chicago and Philadelphia have them. Akron, Ohio supports an agricultural middle school. Farming is not dead in the USA and Kansas is a big proof of that.
Native American Businesses In Kansas
Iowa Tribe of Kansas & Nebraska
- Route 1, Box 58A White Cloud KS 66094-9624
Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas
- P.O. Box 271 Horton KS 66349-0271
- Lawrence's Indian Center 1423 Haskell Avenue Lawrence KS 66044
- Route 2 Box 50A Mayetta KS 66509
- 1509 Washington Lane Augusta, Kansas 67010
- Rt. 1, Box 60 Reserve KS 66434-9723
Sports Related Opportunities in Kansas
Higher Education in Kansas
- Allen County Community College: Iola, Burlingame
- Baker University: Baldwin City
- Barclay College: Haviland
- Barton County Community College: Great Bend
- Benedictine College: Atchison
- Bethany College: Lindsborg, Kansas
- Bethel College: North Newton, Kansas
- Butler County Community College: El Dorado
- Central Christian College of Kansas: McPherson, Kansas
- Cloud County Community College: Concordia
- Coffeyville Community College: Coffeyville, Columbus
- Colby Community College: Colby
- Cowley County Community College:
- : Arkansas City, Mulvane, Wellington, Wichita, Winfield
- Donnelly College: Kansas City
- Emporia State University: Emporia
- Fort Hays State University: Hays
- Fort Scott Community College: Fort Scott
- Garden City Community College: Garden City
- Haskell Indian Nations University: Lawrence, Kansas
- Hesston College: Hesston, Kansas
- Highland Community College: Highland
- Hutchinson Community College: Hutchinson
- Independence Community College: Independence
- Johnson County Community College: Overland Park KS
- Kansas City Kansas Community College: Kansas City
- Kansas Wesleyan University: Salina
- Labette Community College: Parsons
- Manhattan Christian College: Manhattan
- McPherson College: McPherson
- MidAmerica Nazarene University: Olathe
- Neosho County Community College: Chanute
- Newman University: Wichita
- Ottawa University: Ottawa, also Jeffersonville, Kansas City, Arizona, Milwaukee, International
- Pittsburg State University: Pittsburg
- Pratt Community College: Pratt
- Saint Mary College: Leavenworth, Overland Park, Kansas City
- Seward County Community College: Liberal
- Southwestern College: Winfield
- Sterling College: Sterling
- Tabor College: Hillsboro
- University of Kansas: Lawrence
- University of Kansas Medical Center: Kansas City
- Washburn University: Topeka
- Wichita Area Technical College: Wichita
- Wichita State University: Wichita
More by this Author
Missouri is a state of many attractions and one of them is high paying jobs in growing industries.
The largest growing occupation in Chicago was Choreographer, replaced by Healthcare, Information Technology (IT), Forensics and Trades. Aerospace is catching up quickly.
In the latest evaluation of top nursing schools in the country, the complex provided at the University of California - San Francisco (UCSF) appears on several Top 10 Lists in nursing specialties.