Exciting Jobs in Phoenix, Arizona
Top 10 High-Demand Jobs, Including Future Aerospace Employment
The Top 10 Jobs in the City of Phoenix are on the following list of occupational options, as reported by the State, universities, counties and city departments of labor in the Phoenix Metro Area:
- Office & Administration
- Construction & Extraction
- Construction Trades (union)
- Food Prep, Service, and related
- Retail Sales
- Healthcare Practitioners & Techs
- Transportation & Material Moving
- Education, Training, & Library
Number 7 in the list of High-Demand Jobs, Healthcare Practitioners, including nurses, and Healthcare Techs are very highly advertised. This is especially true for the employment sector of Travel Nursing and Travel Health Care Services.
These frequently advertised travel based Healthcare jobs can include physicians, veterinarians in some locales (specially disaster sites), RNs, LPNs, Radiologists, Medical Assistants, and scores of others. This field of travel work will continue to increase in demand for jobs to be filled throughout the 21st century.
Further, as we conquer space travel and exploration, the Medical Department of any aerospace industry and any future aerospace venue business will demand Healthcare professionals to travel with the teams of workers going to off-planet work-sites. Since asteroid mining firms began preliminary operations in 2012, this need has become more clear.
- In the late 1970s, Ponderosa Steakhouses purchased the first rights to build a restaurant for any space station, such as MIR or the ISS. However, there was never enough room or physical stability offered in these stations (SpaceLab in the 1970s), and the rights expired. The Owner and the Board of Ponderosa were, however, thinking ahead in a way others were not yet conceiving.
- At the same time and for several years, a group of physicians in Ohio discussed a lunar medical treatment center for patients that suffer uncontrollable high blood pressure. The reduced gravity on Luna would lower their blood pressures and these individuals would weigh only 1/5 of their earthbound weights. Travel Healthcare Services would be in high demand in such scenarios and the Astronaut Nurse would be a coveted role. In 2013, the new NASA astronaut class included two physicians. One issue to constantly address is the amount of bone loss and muscle atrophy that occur at 1/5 earth weight. Weight-bearing exercise and nutrition go into the solution; therefore, nutritionists and physical fitness or physical therapy experts may be needed as well as other health related workers. The universities and colleges in and around Phoenix offer excellent training programs in several Healthcare occupations.
Travel Healthcare is a top option for current and future employment, having an increasingly bright outlook in Phoenix. Already offering 3-12 months of free rent, free or reimbursed travel expenses, and several other benefits, it is foreseeable that choice Travel Nurses and other Healthcare professionals will receive astronaut training without charge, likely provided that they sign a contract to a certain number of years of work thereafter.
Best High Demand, High-Paying Jobs in Phoenix and Predictions
- Top 10 Best High Demand High-Paying Jobs in Phoenix AZ, 2013 - 2023
Phoenix lost many jobs in the Recession of 2008 -2010, but began to recover during 3rd Quarter 2011. With a job surge in 2012, Phoenix enters 2013 with the most on-seasonal new jobs created in the local market for some time. The Biomedical and Aerosp
Selected Aeropace & Green Opportunities
- Aerostar Aerospace MFG
- General Pneumatic - Western Research Division
General Pneumatic offers a complete line of pneumatic riveters for riveting, swaging, hole punching, staking, and inserting captive hardware.
- Honeywell Careers
Honeywell is a top aerospace employer in Phoenix, active as a government contractor and independently.
- Paragon Transportation
Largest Employers in Phoenix
The following employers have the largest worker bases and usually offer the most jobs yearly, related to turnover, promotions, and job growth.
Honeywell, as Number 5, is an especially large and growing contributor to the Green Industries with Green Collar Jobs. Banner Health, at Number 2, is a well-known in Healthcare.
Top 10 Employers in the Greater Phoenix Metro Area and Numbers of Workers
1. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. - Keeps about 26,000 workers.
2. Banner Health, 20,000
3. Wells Fargo & Co., 12,000.
4. Intel Corp., 11,000.
5. Honeywell International Inc., 10,000.
6. Raytheon Co., 10,000.
7. Bashas' Supermarkets, 10,000.
8. Home Depot Inc., 9,500.
9. Kroger Co., 9,000.
10. JP Morgan Chase & Co., 9,300.
Native American Businesses
- Bullion, Coins, Jewelry Supplies at C.C. Silver & Gold
Silver, gold, and silversmithing tools and services.
- Native Air Ambulance; Globe, Arizona
Businesses for Sale
Colleges and Universities
- American Indian College of the Assemblies of God
- Arizona State University
- Arizona State University Polytechnic Campus
- Arizona State University West
- DeVry University-Phoenix
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Grand Canyon University
- High-Tech Institute - Renamed "Anthem"
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Northcentral University
- Northern Arizona University
- South Mountain Community College
- Phoenix College
- Paradise Valley Community College
- University of Phoenix
- Western International University
Sports Related Opportunities
© 2008 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
Phoenix lost many jobs in the Recession of 2008 -2010, but began to recover during 3rd Quarter 2011. With a job surge in 2012, Phoenix enters 2013 with the most on-seasonal new jobs created in the local market for some...
California experienced financial setbacks in the 2000s, but aerospace began to grow. California is home to more aerospace companies in NASA's Commercial Crew than any other US State. Go Mars! Go Moon!
I have learned much from my Polish American friends about the important of Easter in their culture, friendships, families, and faith. Please enjoy the recipes and information.