Travel, Sports, and Jobs In Raleigh, North Carolina
Raleigh Jobs Increased Throughout 2009 and 2012
High Tech Business in Raleigh Metro Area
Raleigh, North Carolina is rated as one of the Top 5 Best Cities in the USA for well paying obs and affordable housing. Located in the Research Triangle that includes 18 counties, Raleigh is enjoying an increase in well paying high tech, aerospace-related, and health/medical jobs.
As the several area universities work with partnered business and government entities, new job and products continue to emerge.
Increase in Jobs Overall 2013 - 2014
Jobs in Healthcare and Information Technology
Raleigh, North Carolina is among those cities offering a lower cost of living than the national average, affordable housing, and a good place to raise a family. This has been reported in the 2010s, according to several publications and media posts. Its position in the US Research Triangle assures its future growth, based in growing industries. .
The Top 10 High Demand jobs in Raleigh, North Carolina are all in the Healthcare Industry, except two that are in Information Technology (IT):
- Medical Assistants
- Biomedical Engineers
- Physician Assistants
- Network Systems and Data Communications Specialists (IT)
- Health Aides
- Dental Hygienists and Assistants
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Computer Software Application Engineers (IT)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Occupational Therapists and Assistants
Postsecondary (college level) Teachers and Registered Nurses are also in high demand, along with Veterinary Techs and Athletic Trainers.
Raleigh NC Is Located In the Research Triangle
North Carolina's Best Places
- The Best Place to Move in North Carolina/Research Triangle -- Two cities in North Carolina have been recognized among the Best 25 Places to Move for work in the United States.
- Wake Forest in the Research Triangle
North Carolina is Growing Quickly
- The Fastest Growing Cities In America Are In North Carolina and Other Southern States
Since 3rd QTR 2012, the US cities that are fastest growing and offering the most opportunity for long-term gainful employment are located in the American South and West. This fact is a departure from the usual Top 10 City lists that include the e
Greater Raleigh Area
Special Museum Attractions
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences continues to go big with The World's Largest Dinosaurs
- Raleigh also provides additional museums, Civil War Era historic sites and events, and science centers.
- Angus Barn
- Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Fine arts and performing arts fill many of the venues around town.
- North Carolina Museum of Art Theater
- Red Hat Amphitheater
- Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
- Koka Booth Amphitheatre in nearby Cary NC
- Many restaurants and cafes offer live music as well.
JC Raulston Arboretum at North Carolina State University is the garden you should see if you have time for only one. However, a dozen other gardens fill the city. Farms and farmers' markets in the area add other outdoor activities
Downtown Raleigh Entertainment Areas
Long-Term Triangle Employment Trends
The state workforce site, NCCommerce, projects that the following job titles will provide the most vacancies to fill though 2022 in the Raleigh Area:
- Office and Clerical Support Jobs
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technologists
- Construction and Extraction (Mining, Oil & Gas) Jobs
- Medical Support Staff
- Retail and Wholesale Jobs
- Dining Services, including Fast Food
- Education-related Jobs
- Business Operations and Management
- Financial Operations
- Transportation and Material Moving (Truck Drivers, Freight Handlers, etc.). CDL Truck Driving job openings have increased nationwide since 2014, with over 900,000 positions open by January 2015.
Raleigh Area Colleges and Universities
Sports Opportunities for Jobs & Recreation
Raleigh Professional Sports
- The Carolina Hurricanes Hockey
- The Durham Bulls Baseball
- The Carolina Mudcats Baseball
- The Carolina Panthers - NFL
Raleigh College Sports
- The North Carolina State Wolf Pack
- The Duke Blue Devils
- Go Heels
A sampling of the dozens of local Golf Courses
North Carolina is in the Bible Belt of the American South and offers a number of churches in Raleigh for those that are interested, including:
- Church of the Holy Cross
- Connections Church -- Online prayer requests welcomed.
- Crossroads Fellowship
- Eagles Nest Christian Fellowship -- Nice website, offers ministry and missions to the Congo.
- First Free Will Baptist Church
- Haven Free Will Baptist Church
- Leesville Baptist Church
- Living Word Family Church
- Raleigh Mennonite Church
- Ridge Road Baptist Church
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church
- St. Raphael Catholic Church
- Swift Creek Baptist Church
- Triangle Vineyard -- The Vineyard is a nationwide movement of non-denominational churches.
Jewish Houses of Worship:
- Beth Meyer Synagogue
- Beth Shalom
- Chabad Center of Raleigh- Sha'arei Israel Synagogue
- Temple Bethor Synagogues
Muslim Places of Worship
- 509 Carriage Woods Circle; Raleigh, NC 27607-3969; Phone: 919-859-4994
Cherokee Dance, Indigenous to North Carolina
Native American History in North Carolina
- Native American Link - Lost Roanoke Colony Found - Maps, Artifacts and DNA Evidence
Newer evidence places the Lost Colonists in Bertie County. Best evidence suggests they traveled a short distance to 42-mile long Hatteras Island. Their descendants are being DNA tested now.
- More About Native American Nations in Southeastern USA
Southeastern American States have seen substantial contact among Native Americans and Europeans, along with other immigrants for centuries. This makes for an interesting multicultural region.
More by this Author
The number of jobs in this state has increased every year in the 2010s, even beyond seasonal employment during summers and winter holidays.
Fast-growth jobs in the Greater Dallas Area abound in Information Technology (IT) as well as in Healthcare, the Aerospace Industry, Education, Audio-Visual Collections, and Bus Drivers. Green Industries also offer...
Since 2010, news from BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK has been that Canada and Australia were little touched by The Great Recession. New jobs continue to increase.
No comments yet.