Oil Platform and Other Oil and Gas Jobs in North America
This Hub Answers the HubPages Question:
Off Shore Oil Rigs and Advertised jobs
Open job listings across the Internet for September 2012 through September 2014 showed a number of increasing jobs related to off shore oil rigs. From September 2014 - April 2015, additional American companies advertised larger numbers of related jobs.
The number of of listings for off shore oil rigs declined somewhat from May through August of 2012; however, during a two year surge mentioned above, the highest demand job titles were Mechanic, Operator, and Technician, along with a variety of specialties in Engineering.
These specialties include Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, and Drilling Engineers over other specialties
The top companies in America hiring in order to fill positions on oil rigs or platforms and in the inland Oil and Gas fields include the following corporations. Embedded links will take you to their career pages and job listings to a home page of no careers page is offered.
- Oceaneering- This company is tops in benefits, offering Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Flexible Spending, EAP, a Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick Time, and 10 paid holidays in the USA.
- Schlumberger- Also looking for recent grads.
- Baker Hughes
- Saudi Aramco
- CH2M Hill - Jobs in Alaska
- Randstad Engineering
- Actuant - Contact email@example.com
- EPCO - established in 1974
- Shell Pipeline Company
Most of the jobs listed for this category are open around the Gulf of Mexico, specifically Houston, Corpus Christi, and Pasadena, Texas; Lake Charles, Houma, New Orleans, Saint Rose and Broussard, Louisiana; and Chickasaw, Alabama.
An additional 500 jobs are in Alaska, in Anchorage, Prudhoe Bay, and Kenai.
All Types of High Demand Oil and Gas-Related Jobs March - April 2015: 7,500 Listings
Companies listing the most jobs during March and April 2015:
- Baker Hughes
- Saudi Aramco
- Army National Guard
- Hy-vee Food Stores (Oil and Gas Sales)
- 1845 Oil Field Services
- Diedre Moire
- Deloitte Development
- GE - General Electic
- Kimrad Transport
Gulf of Mexico Oil Rig Jobs
Location of Additional Groups of Oil and Gas Jobs In USA
- North Dakota Oil Boom -- New Jobs Doubled Again in 2012 -- Where to Find Bakken Oil Field Jobs. Oil was discovered in the Bakken Oil Field back in 1951, but an Oil Boom hit first New Town and then a are within 50-plus-mile radius in 2009. New Town estimates that the oil field will require 500 more oil wells by 2015. The Unemployment Rate in this part of North Dakota is low and hundreds of jobs are still available. Colleges have changed their curricula to include more on drilling for oil and builders are constructing new living quarters for oil field workers.
- A New $3.25 Billion for Jobs in 2012 for Ohio For Its Growing Oil and Gas Industry. - New jobs opened along highways I-77 and I-70 in Eastern Ohio, adding to auto and aerospace manufacturing that were already increasing jobs in the area.
- High-Paying Oil and Gas Jobs Added In Pennsylvania - Chesapeake Energy helped to add $3.25 Billion worth of oil and natural gas deals to Eastern and Southern Ohio in 2012, but also added jobs and investment in Pennsylvania. Jobs are expected to increase in both states for several years from 2012 - 2022.
Major Oil Fields in Canada
Canadian Oil and Gas Jobs
The comprehensive search engine called InfoOil Careers offers job listings with total job counts in each of several categories related to Oil and Gas in Canada. In addition, they provide a page for USA jobs as well. However, the Canadian job listing is larger overall and contains useful information about jobs, job search in Oil and Gas, and even inspirational quotes.
InfoOil Careers reports that it offers listings of 18,000 jobs worldwide on a consistent basis, with 1,200 new jobs added every week. Job candidates can post an online resume at this site and set up Job Alerts to email them of jobs appropriate to their location, chosen job title, and other criteria.
SNAPSHOT OF JOBS, SPRING 2013
- Canada - 9,331 jobs
- USA - 6,374 jobs
- Australia - 90 jobs
- UK - 42 jobs
Major Canadian companies employing in Oil and Gas:
- Flint Energy
- Canadian Natural Resources
- Schlumberger - Also hiring in USA
- Husky Energy
- Randstad Engineering - Also hiring in USA
- Michael Page International
- Baker Hughes - Also hiring in USA
- Design Group Staffing CA
- Zylog Systems Canada
- Suncor Energy
- Maizis and Miller
For a good job in Oil and Gas on a platform or inland, visit InfoOil Careers.
Since Canada has such a lot of jobs open, it is likely possible for qualified Americans to enter Canada long-term in order to work in the Canadian Oil and Gas Fields and on platforms. Visit this link for visa and immigration information: Going to Canada to Work.
- How To Find the Top 10 Best Oil and Gas Jobs In Alberta
Over 9,300 jobs in the Oil and Natural Gas industry are available in Canada in Autumn 2012, primarily in Alberta. While Canada maintains immigration restrictions, the oil and gas jobs growth may open up additional possibilities for relocation to Canada.
Canadian East Coast Oil Concerns
- Canada - Union worried over push for offshore oil night flights - Nfld. & Labrador
The union representing most offshore workers in Newfoundland is resisting a push by oil companies to resume night helicopter flights.
- Chinese Oil Company Bid $15 Billion for Canadian Producer - NYTimes | July 2012 -- Cnooc, the Chinese state-run oil giant, agreed to buy Nexen for $15 billion, as global players looked to beef up their access to natural resources abroad.
Additional Job Listings For Oil and Gas Around the World
- OilCareers - The quick and easy way to the world's oil and gas jobs
The Worldwide Oil and Gas Industry Jobs Portal. FREE access to the best oil jobs. Join our mailing list for job agent alerts.
- Oil and Gas Industry Salary Checker
Firth of Forth Burntisland, UK
More by this Author
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.
Over 8,800 jobs in the Oil and Natural Gas industry are available in Canada in early 2012, primarily in Alberta. While Canada maintains immigration restrictions, the oil and gas jobs growth may open up additional...
I have learned much from my Polish American friends about the important of Easter in their culture, friendships, families, and faith. Please enjoy the recipes and information.