Top Jobs in the Midland-Bay City-Saginaw Metro Area
MBS Market Area
The Sagninaw Metropolitan statistical and labor market area is popularly known as Midland-Bay City-Saginaw or the MBS Metro Area and the local airport is called the MBS Airport.
This market area covers the three Michigan counties of Sagninaw, Bay, and Midland, all with beautiful scenary, historical sites, State Recreation Areas, bird sanctuaries, Native American installations, local festivals, sucessful small businesses, and friendly people.
I travel to this area 5-6 times per year and enjoy the scenic views up through the lower peninsula along I-75 and further up around lake Huron on the Huron Lake Circle Tour that takes you completely around the that large Great Lake. Huron means "The Sweet Sea" in Native American languages of the early peoples that settled in the Saginaw Bay area about 1,000 BC.
The Tri-County area of MBS is a great tourist area, boosting the economy through the Tourism, Accomodations, and Hospitality Industries. Other sectors of the economy that are relatively strong are Heahthcare (strongest) and Manaufacturing, including food manufacturing of beet sugar in seeral plants.
Bay City Job Openings
During November 2013, the Bay City Area advertised over 7,200 jobs in Bay City, Midland, Saginaw, Frankemuth and some smaller towns.
The leading high demand job titles in this area are:
- General Dentists
- Dental Assistants
- Registered Nurses - RNs
- Respiratory Therapists
- Lab Technicians
- Dntal Hygienists
- Truck Drivers and Owner-Operators
- Restaurant Positions
Top 15 Jobs By Percentage Increase
The following lists of occupations contains jobs increasing through 2016 by anywhere from 20% to 44% overall.
- Medical & Physician's Assistants
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts - IT
- Life, Physical & Social Science Techs
- Employment, Recruitment & Placement Specialists
- Database Administrators - IT
- Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
- Grounds Maintenance Workers
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters
- Special Education Teachers: Preschool, K, Elementary, and Middle School (Preschool though age approx. 12)
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Registered Nurses [RNs]
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators - IT
- Training & Development Managers - all fields
- Physicians & Surgeons
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
Top 10 Hot Jobs Through 2016
- Sales & related jobs, including Retail Salespersons & Customer Service Reps
- Healthcare Practitioners and Techs
- Food Preparation and Serving Jobs
- Education, Training, and Library Positions
- Healthcare Support
- Building & Grounds Cleaning/Maintenance Jobs
- Registered Nurses [RNs}
- Transportation & Material Moving Jobs
- Management Occupations - all fields
- Business & Financial Operations
An additional five higher-demand jobs include:
- Personal Care & Service
- Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids & Hskprs
- Waiters & Waitresses or Wait Staff
- Community & Social Services Occupations
- Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants (other healthcare support)
Saginaw/MBS Int'l AIrport
MBS International is located in Freeland, Michigan in the center among Midland, Saginaw, and Bay City, near Delta College.
- Michigan Rock and Roll History
The Oldies Palooza was a Frankenmuth tradition for about a decade in the 2000s. For those magic years, it drew thousands of Baby Boomers, their parents, children, and grandchildren to a festival of Top 40s bands from the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s.
- Best Gifts Come From Bronners CHRISTmas Store in Fra...
Wally Bronner began his Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland store as a small sideline in 1945 in Downtown Frankenmuth - Little Bavaria - in Mid-Michigan. It grew so fast that he had a purchase a large corner lot at the south end of town and put up a build
Frankenmuth. Michigan - Christmastown, USA
I visit Frankenmuth twice a year and am always impressed by the cleanliness of the city and the low crime rate. Located just 25 miles south of Bay City, it is close to I-75. The High School is adjoined to a major natural amphitheater in a valley and this is the location each June of the Oldies Palooza, featuring Rock N' Roll and Metal bands from the 60s and 70s. It's sponsored by WHNN-FM with Johnny Burke and Blondie.
Frankenmuth began as a German (Bavarian) settlement in 1845 to bring missionaries to the Chippewa Nation that had been so profuse in Michigan, especially around Saginaw Bay and Lake Huron. The original mission was scrapped and the Germans wrote home asking for more people to come to settle, and more Lutheran pastors to minster to the settlers. The famous chicken eatery, Zehnder's Restaurant, stands on the site of the Exchange Hotel that was built in 1856, Zehnder's having purchased it in 1927. A large dining room covers the first floor and the lower level offers shops, a cafeteria and a great bakery with reasoable prices.
The Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance Company started way back in 1868 after the Civil War and the city was finally incorporated in 1959. It now has a covered bridge, a boat tour, horse carriage rides, a flour mill, a doll factory, a golf course, a cheese factory, a Clam and Lobster Fest, a Lumberjack Festival, Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market), and the annual Bavarian Festival.
Not only does this city have a wide array of shops and restaurants, but also a wonderful, invitingly decorated public library with banks of computers and refreshments. At the edge of town is Bronner's Christmas Store that is open 362 days a year. It features not only Christmas goods, but holiday celebration materials for several holidays and additional faiths. The parking lot is so big that shuttle busses are provided and the Christmas Light Display around its perimeter is free of charge, compared to $25 or more for some other holiday light shows in Michigan and Ohio. A replica of the Silent Night Chapel in Bavaria sits at the edge of the lot and is open the same hours as the store. The carol Silent Night is posted in dozens of languages inside with the museum quality show pieces and chapel, and these translations include one in Navajo.
Next to Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland (since 1945, with over 200,000 sq. ft. of displays) is a Zehnder's hotel and Indoor Water Park and behind the Christmas Store on an adjoining road is a military & space museum and a petting zoo.
- Dow Chemical
- MidMichigan Medical Center
- Midland Public Schools
- Covenant HealthCare
- St. Mary's of Michigan Health
- Saginaw Public Schools
- Genral Motors Powertrain
- Bay Regional Medical Center
- Bay City Public Schools
- Dow Corning
- Delta College
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn
- Saginaw Valley State University
- Delta College University Center - Largest student body in Tri-County Area
- Davenport University
- University of Michigan@ Flint - Genesee County
- Kettering University - Genesee County
- Alma College - Gratiot County
More by this Author
The largest growing occupation in Chicago was Choreographer, replaced by Healthcare, Information Technology (IT), Forensics and Trades. Aerospace is catching up quickly.
- 41Where to Find Bakken and Williston Basin Oil and Gas Jobs - New Hospital, Schools, Rec Center and Construction
Oil was discovered in the Bakken Oil Field in 1951, but an American Oil Boom and its increasing jobs hit here at New Town and a 50-plus-mile radius after 2009. New Town, North Dakota projects 500 new oil wells by 2015...
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.
No comments yet.