Employment in Monmouth and Ocean NJ
Monmouth County: "The Place You Want To Be"
Monmouth-Ocean is one of the Top 25 Best Medium Sized "Cities" for Business and Jobs in the US and the 57th out of the Top 100 Largest Metropolitan Statistical Areas in the nation. It is actually the combination of two counties at the eastern section of New Jersey - Monmouth just above Ocean. Having a population of 1,207,523 in 2007, this MSA is large and prosperous, as shown below.
In 2006, the US Federal Government financial and economics statistics found that Monmouth County was #42 in the list of highest-income counties across rthe nation and #53 in size of individual annual income. This makes Monmouth-Ocean an economically strong metro area and a location for lucrative long-term careers in businesses and industry sectors that will continue to grow.
The Department of Human Services is quite active in the Monmouth-Ocean MSA, offering assistance in a range of areas. These include mental health, aging, addictions, youth services, and job training, among others --
The Department of Human Services in Monmouth uses bilingual staff verses in English and Spanish. They deliver help in Job Search and finding support services and education, including work readiness training. Those laid off or are underemployed may be eligible for subsidized occupational & vocational training. Jobs with the Department are available as well. In Ocean County, Project Extend in one that provides before-school and after-school enrichment education and inexpensive childcare for school-aged youth K-8, living in Ocean Township. Jobs are available with Ocean County as well.
The Township of Ocean in central Monmouth County is nicknamed "The Community of Gracious Living." A properous suburb, Ocean Township was founded created by an act of the New Jersey State Assembly in 1849.
the Ocean Township community promotes its social diversity in several interesting neighborhoods that cooperate in conservation efforts throughout the year. Large numbers of volunteers serve on a community boards, commissions, and committees to protect the environment and develop alternative energy sources. The township is close to Monmouth University in the Borough of West Long Branch to the north of Ocean. In addition to several Atlantic Ocean beaches, Ocean has two country clubs and a nine- hole golf course, as well as two high end senior living communities,
Ocean Clean Communities program alerts residents of to preserve the environment, namely through litter abatement and beautification via education and action. This includes events and programs like Adopt-A-Spot Program and Clean Sweep neighborhood cleanup, public events, and a township Spring and Fall planting each year for volunteers.
Tree City USA Designation
Top 10 Source Industries for Numbers of New Jobs
- Administrative & Support Services
- Professional and Technical Services
- Ambulatory Health Care - especially Registered Nurses [RNs]
- Food & Beverage Services and Taverns
- Educational Services
- Social Assistance
- Nursing Homes & Residential Care Facilities
- Local Government Educational Services - City schools and related programs.
- Furniture/Home Furnishings Stores
Largest Local Employers
The following compaines and organizations hire large numbers numbers of workers annually.
- Meridian Health System - Top employer in both counties.
- U.S. Army Communications Electronics Command Fort Monmouth (CECOM)
- Monmouth County Government
- US Naval Warfare Center - Ocean County
- St. Barnabas Healthcare Systems
- CentraState Healthcare Systems
- Monmouth Medical Center
- Toms River Regional School System
- Bayshore Community Health Services
- Southern Ocean County Hospital
- Monmouth Unversity
Higher Education Opportunities
Specialized Vocational Schools
- Academy of Allied Health & Science in Neptune Township
- Biotechnology High School in Freehold
- Communications High Schoolin Wall Township
- High Technology High School in Lincroft
- Marine Academy of Science and Technology in Sandy Hook
Colleges and Universities
Top 10 High Demand Occupations
- Sales People for Retail
- Registered Nurses [RNs]
- Combined Food Preparation & Service, all kinds and Wait Staff
- Laborers & Freight, Stock & Material Movers
- General Office Clerks
- Janitorial Cleaning Services
- Order Fillers and Stock Clerks
- Package Handlers
- Childer Care Workers
Additional jobs that are in high demand for hire include:
- Customer Service Representatives
- Business Operations Specialists
- Teacher's Assistants
- Secretaries, not including Executive. Legal, and Medical sectors
- General & Operations Manager
Location: East Side of NJ
Tourism Industry and Sports
Gateway National Recreation Area, a US National Parkis one attraction this sector of New Jersey that attracts a large number of people for recreation and travel. This creates employment opportunities in industries surrounding Tourism, including Retail, Accommodations, Hospitality, and Sports and Recreation.
Ocean Sports Academy in Ocean is a large facility offering training in a number of sports and a limited selection of arts as well. Additional sports opportunities are available at local high schools and colleges, both for students and potential staff persons. Philadelphia is within 90 minutes drive time of Monmouth and poses another sports option and New York City is less than one hour away by car.
Open to the Public all Year 'Round:
- Long Beach Island: www.discoversouthernocean.com
- Pt. Pleasant Beach: www.pointpleasantbeachnj.com
- Seaside Heights: www.seasideheightstourism.com
Ocean and Monmouth Counties offer additional recreation through a number of art galleries, playhouses, shopping venues, concerts, and related facilities.
- Hot Jobs on the Jersey Shore
What do the people on the TV show do in real life?
Snooki: Beyond Jersey Shore
Sustainability & Organizing
Monmouth-Ocean are home to a number of Sustainable Communities that are dedicated to green business and alternative energry sources. One program of these communities is:
The Green Connection
- Reduce energy bills as well as greeenhouse gases
- Find and develop alternative energy
- Develop open space and sustainable agriculture
- In construction, follow the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green standards
- Expand alternative energy transportation
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Open new green jobs for economic development
Green Corps for Organizing Community Environmental Projects - Based in Boston MA, this organization trains college graduates to work in the enironment to develop and omplent green and sustainability projects in communities and on a larger scale. Partners include Greenpeace, Alaska Coalition, Sierra, Oceana and others. Graduates have been hired to work insolar energy in California, to organize in Alaska, to develop open space in Maryland, and for many other projects. In over 100 projects as of 2008, graudates have worked in the Eastern US and spread to impact the nation. New Jersey is one of those areas impacted for sustainability.
Seaside Heights and Ocean County Business
International Festival at Monmouth University - Capoeira
More by this Author
Job listings in New Jersey doubled in the four years between January 2010 to January 2014.
Washington DC is a hub for data collection, especially for international commerce, government, federal and world economies, health ...
Which phrase is correct in proper English grammar–"in person" or "in-person"? Is it an adjective or an adverb? The answer depends on context.