Mothers Can Make Money From Home Making Candy Bouquets
Is Making Candy Bouquets A Good Business To Get Into?
If you are a mom looking to start a business from home, you might want to try your hand in the candy bouquet business. There are many occasions throughout the year that people look to buy gifts for friends, family and loved ones such as Valentine's Day, birthdays, graduation, anniversaries, Easter, Teacher's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Christmas etc.... So you see, with a candy bouquet business, you should have sales throughout the year.
Candy bouquets are gaining popularity because it bears a stronger personal touch compared to a traditional flower bouquet. Combining candy and flowers, the recipient can enjoy the best of both worlds. In a way, it is like a 2-in-1 gift. Even when the occasion is over, the candy allows a person to still continue enjoying the gift.
So, is making candy bouquets a good business to get into?
- Potential sales throughout the year
- Making gifts that make other people happy
- Unleash your creativity
- You can do it from home
- Your kids could pick up the trade and starting helping you too. This can be a family business.
How To Make A Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Ebooks That Teach You How To Make Candy Bouquets
Make Yourself Stand Out From The Competition
There are a few things you can do to carve out your place in this business.
1. Specialize in floral candy bouquets
Many commercial candy bouquets are just an arrangement of candies. However, if you can create candy bouquets that combine both candy and flowers, it will have a greater appeal. Some women still prefer the look and fragrant smell of fresh flowers. Silk flowers will of course last longer and still look great. Not forgetting, it is a better choice for those with horrible allergies.
So, you can build a home business in this niche of candy bouquet that combines flowers with candy, and make yourself stand out from the other commercial candy bouquets that are just all candy. Many people will have a greater appreciation for your creation of flowers combined with candy because candy may be yummy to eat, but it is the flowers that naturally lifts a person's mood.
2. Reach out to unique customers
You can also specialize in making candy bouquets for diabetic recipients. Look for sugar-free candy and chocolates to add to your candy bouquet.
3. High quality candy
Instead of just using ordinary candy, you can offer premium chocolate brands. You could even source for imported candy.
4. More Gift Options
You can compliment your candy bouquet business with cookie bouquets or gift baskets.
What You Need To Do
- What you really need to do to get this business going is to first learn how to make professional looking candy bouquets.
- Once you're confident and happy with your creations, decide if this is really what you want to do. If it is, then you need to sit down and write out your business plan. You will need to identify your goals and the strategies to achieve those goals. This is where you plan how you are going to market your products, who is your target market and where you are going to get the money. It will be easier for you to find a business plan template online to be your guide.
- One way to showcase your candy bouquet designs is to take part in your local arts and crafts shows and farmer’s markets. It is one way to market your products and also to network. At your booth, have available plenty of your business card and promotional materials. Consider setting up credit card payment for your customers.
- Starting a business from home can be tricky as you have to manage your time well. It is important that you have a planner. You need to schedule family time and also work time. When it is time to work, you must stay focused on your business during those hours.
A candy bouquet business can start off small but it has the potential to become bigger. It is up to you how far you want to take this business. Either way, it is a fun way to earn money.
Candy Bouquet Examples
Go to meetings of business networking groups in your area. Check your local paper for date, time and location. You can also contact your local Chamber of Commerce and find out when they meet.
When you become a regular at these meetings and events, you will get to know other business people. As you share what you do, you will be the person they think of when they need your services. Likewise, you will have a list of people to call when you need help for something.
Do You Need A Website?
FOCUS ON LOCAL MARKET
When you're just starting out and on a tight budget, you don't really need to have a website. You should concentrate on getting the word out on your business in your local area. You can distribute flyers, put an ad in your local paper and pass out your business cards to every one you meet.
Give away your creations to teachers, friends and neighbors and let them know you are starting this business. If they like your stuff, they will help spread the word for you.
You can showcase your work by taking photos of your creations and putting them in a portfolio or a brochure. You can take your work online and post photos of your candy bouquet creations on a blog or FaceBook. Just remember to list down your contact number and address so people can contact you for more information or to place an order.
The problem with going online is that when people view your products online, they will want to purchase online too. And that is a lot of work to set up. You should wait to do that until after you have already established your business.
EXPANDING YOUR BUSINESS
When you feel it is time to expand your business and widen your reach of customers, then a website is necessary. There are a few things you need to think about when creating an online store.
- Which shopping cart solution to choose.
- Choosing a domain name, web hosting and email.
- Setting up a payment system convenient for your customers like paypal, credit card, bank transfer etc....
- How are you going to ship your products? You don't want your clients getting melted chocolates or a messed up creation.
- You need to track your orders and shipments.
- What kind of design you want for your store
There are tools and software available that will allow you to set up shop online by yourself. However, it may be time consuming, especially if you are going at it blindly. If you don't want that hassle, it would be worth your while to hire a professional to do it for you.
Making A Thanksgiving Candy Bouquet
Check these out
- How To Make Candy Bouquet
Learn how to make this simple Candy Bouquet using a Sundae glass.
- Women's Home Business Bulletin: Do You Need A Candy Bouquet Franchise?
Should you buy a franchise to start your candy bouquet business or start it on your own?
© 2013 mothersguide
More by this Author
No comments yet.