Make Money Online - My Websites and Blogs Earn Cash
I have several blogs that I use across the web for various topics and ideas. I figured since I'm getting up to my 1,000th hub, I would go ahead and post a quick overview of what blogs I have. I've also included the most recent RSS feed for each blog, which should give a good sample of what all I write about.
Each of these blogs combined do not make what I make on HubPages, but they are a nice fall back for experience and potential earnings. Plus, it helps my monthly revenue even if just a little bit.
My average earnings per blog are estimated as of December 2010:
- goReptiles blog- pennies occasionally but blog has been dormant for years
- Bully Spot- pennies occasionally but blog has been dormant for years
- Pet Advice- $30 to $50 a month
- Alternative Look- $30 to $50 a month
- Female View- $30 to $50 a month
Although my blogs and websites do not bring in as much revenue as HubPages, I still have hopes that they will one day be as profitable.
By creating your own blog or website, you have total control of the layout, design, colors, and topic. You don't have to abide by anyone's rules or expectations but your own. There is so much more freedom and possibilities when you are in control.
That is not to say that HubPages, Squidoo, Orble, and other sites that offer free writing templates for users to earn money isn't profitable or good to use, as one can make good revenue and a great income using these websites. The only thing that I want to get across is that when you have your own website or blog, you are in total control.
The main downfall about writing on your own blog versus HubPages (or similar site), is that you have to work and fight for your traffic and notability. You can't just publish and hope for the best, like most pages published on a pre-established website. Personally, I don't bookmark or market my blogs, but I know that if I did, I would see a big jump in my earnings.
My tips for writing your own website to earn money, include:
- Stick with one niche per website. You don't want to flop around to a ton of different topics. Stick with shopping, apparel, animals, gaming, technology and gadgets, gifts, etc.
- If you want to make a blog about yourself and your life, you'll want to make the posts interesting. Most people don't want to read about a trip to the grocery store. Give each post a meaning and significance.
- Although some blogs have the tone of nothing but a rant about this or that, sometimes it's not always beneficial to rant all the time about something. Some blogs and sites can get away with it, but in most cases, people don't want to read a post about you being mad at something new every day.
- Publish a new post at least once a day for the beginning of the blog. This will help get traffic to the blog. Once you start to see traffic coming in, they you can cut down the number of posts (only if you want to).
- Remember that the more you post on your website, the better it looks in search engines, and the more likely that the search engines will boost up your site in searches.
- Try to use a variety of affiliates, such as Google Adsense, Ebay Partner Network, Amazon Afilliates, and varios affiliates in conjunction with Commission Junction and LinkShare.
- Vary your product and affiliate posts with posts that contain information. You want to have a nice even amoung of blog posts varying your info and product posts.
This is a blog that I started a few years ago, and then in 2008 copied everything over to my website (goReptiles). I pretty much stopped using this blog, and never even opened the account anymore. Well, with server issues this year in 2010, I stopped updating my on-site blog.
After meeting a Kenyan snake breeder at a reptile show, I saw that they had a blogger blog. I decided to start back on mine.
I did a complete overhaul, changing the layout, colors, and adding pages to the blog. I am quite please with how it has turned out.
Basically, the goReptiles blog, is a place for me to update news about my reptiles, offer reptile advice, and promote products that I like and trust.
Bully Spot Blog
This is another blogger blog that I started years ago, and stopped updating in 2008. When I started my goReptiles blog up again, I opted to start this one up. It has earned me a few pennies over the years without any updates, so I figured that I would spend some more time on it.
In 2010, I have updated the layout, colors, and added a few things. I still need to update the banner to something a little more impressive and less elementary.
Here, you will find advice for training, feeding, and caring for Pit Bulls and other bully breed dogs. I will also keep updates on MIA my Pit Bull on this blog.
Pet Advice Blog
This is a blog that I started solely to promote my animal and pet hubs. I have since added plenty of non-hub posts that offer loads of advice on caring for pets.
I try to include animals ranging from dogs to cats, reptiles to rats, horses to pigs, and anything in-between. I offer product suggestions, health tips, and so much more.
This is a blog that I want to get transferred onto my own domain, where I can better the layout and increase my earnings from just 50% to 100%.
Alternative Look Blog
This is a blog that I started to promote my hubs, as well as other hubs that feature tattoos, piercings, and other alternative modifications.
There is plenty of helpful information for caring for body modifications, pictures, ideas, and history of body modifications. I've even included a few posts featuring alternative apparel and accessories that are popular.
This is another blog that I want on my own domain, so that I have better control over layout and increase my earnings to the full potential.
The Female View Blog
This is my last blog, to date. I use this one to promote other hubs that don't really fit into my other blogs. I, also, offer tips and advice for women.
This blog has tons of different areas ranging from diet and nutrition, shopping, health, dating, and more.
I have seen a lot of potential with this blog, and hope to get it its own domain soon. I have the names purchased for all of my blogs; I just need them designed and published to web so that I can earn the full potential that they have.
Get started earning, here and gain the experience to earn on your personal blog and/or website.
You can get the tips and advice from other HubPages members so that you can just sore making money online.
More by this Author
Although it is fairly old process, it is now pretty popular for today's younger people to not only get piercings but also stretch them. Even if you have a piercing that was pierced to a standard size—generally...
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.
An awesome-looking tattoo can unfortunately turn into a big infected mess. Read on to learn the symptoms of infection and how to treat it.